Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RACE , »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   RACE ,
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RACE ,  (Read 709 times)
macklessdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

usps1193
Email

RACE ,
« on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 9:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know CH  hits men more,but what about race having a factor, im black so im just wondering and dont call me a racist because i hate every damn body equally(lol)
IP Logged

lord have mercy,father help us all
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: RACE ,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 9:33pm »

This is BobP's clusterhead page.....I only count two blacks.....could be this is payback to whitey.....LMAO Grin

http://pahlow.net/ch/clusterheads.htm

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:39pm »

I dont think I have ever seen anything statistically on race and CH.  

Good question. We're all in the same race here.

I'm green with just a touch of blue.

IP Logged

MJ
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 1:24am »

I've done an informal survey here. We've got a few more Latino members since then, so I'm not sure about them. What I found was that most of us with color also had European ancestry.  
BTW... personally, I think that "CH hits men more" might just be a case of lots of misdiagnosis'.  
We've come a long way, baby...  Undecided
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 9:32am »

on Nov 23rd, 2005, 9:14pm, macklessdaddy wrote:
...i hate every damn body equally(lol)

LMAO  There are CH sufferers from all around the world here, I don't think CH discriminates.

IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 8:14pm »

on Nov 24th, 2005, 9:32am, Gator wrote:

LMAO  There are CH sufferers from all around the world here, I don't think CH discriminates.

That's for sure when this thing decides to kick ass it doesn't give a shit what colour we are or where we come from.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 9:02pm »

I agree.  Everyone gets screwed.  Doesn't matter who you are.  Here is an interesting article.  Black women are more prone to CH than black men - just the opposite with whites.  I don't know why this really matters as noted before everyone gets screwed.

http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/70/5/
IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 12:38pm »

I don't think race has anything to do with who gets CH and who doesn't. nani mentioned European ancestry. That would include most of white America and Australia. Could that be because this website is in English? I think there are just as many Chinese with CH. They just don’t speak English and therefore don’t contribute to this site. But then, What the heck do I know?
I also go along with nani on the number of women sufferers. There are just too many women here to be otherwise.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 12:50pm »

I know some MEN here that appear to get Menstrual Headache despite their race Wink laugh laugh
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 1:17pm »

lol race, i seriuosly doubt the freaking beast cares who it toutures , it just gets who ever is setup for it.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 6:26am »

We've done so many surveys over the years, I'm sure we've done one on race sometime. Go to the left and look back in the archives.  

I don't think race has ever been a factor and we've ruled out sex, eye color, hair color, height, weight, and almost everything else. The beast just don't discriminate - he's just a bastard who hits us all equally.  

In the little town I come from (world famous Gladewater TX) I know a black football coach and several black teenagers who have been diagnosed with CH. So in answer to your question, NO, I don't think the beast has any preferances to who he hits.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 8:06pm »

Here's one from the guest book, my guess is Korea is a stopover point for the beast as it travels around kicking but.
"Quote
Hi, everybody! I'm so happy(?) to be the first Korean sufferer ever here. I'm 33 years and have been suffering from CH for 4years. Mine comes every 2years and this year is time to greet CH. I belive that we all can WIN against that horrible beast at last.  
Jongwon Lee <happypemco@gmail.com>
Seoul, South Korea
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 at 04:17:59 (EST) Unquote"

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 9:25pm »

as has been said before, don't think the beast cares who he attacks, but it was cool to see all your pics!!!! Wink

it's nice to put faces to names!!!

sandra xxxxxxxxxxxx
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #13 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 4:22am »

Australia has two distinct groups of native black people.  There's the mainland Aborigine everyone associates, rightly, with boomerangs and dot-point painting and they've been here fully 40,000 years.

Then there's the islander people of the Torres Straight right up the top of the country who are more Polynesian by ancestry.  This is where I live.

The topic got me thinking so I've been chatting with the ladies from the clinic and headache seems to be quite a rarity.  Some people suffer a dull throb in the middle of the forehead which seemed likened to tension headache and while they were aware of migraine knew only two people who have it.

They were completely unaware of the existence of CH but did mention that severe headache is common among the black people of Papua New Guinea because it's symptomatic of the onset of malaria.  They use glass to cut slices from the sides of their heads which explains the scars I've seen many a time.

The Flying Doctor spends a lot of time visiting both Aboriginal and Islander communities so next time they're here I'll see if I can find out more.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss