Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « a video of someone having a CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   a video of someone having a CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: a video of someone having a CH  (Read 2286 times)
eileen
New Board Newbie

Be good if you can't be good be careful

a video of someone having a CH
« on: Dec 1st, 2005, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I once downloaded a video of someone having a CH does anyone still have that.  I would like to show someone that has never seen it and they cant understand it.  Mine are due in April.  

Painfree days to all.

Eileen
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

Re: a video of someone having a CH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 3:15pm »

I remember it all too well, the guy was Chuck if I remember correctly - and it was on the clusterbusters website and it's a 6 Mb download.

I saw it and flinched - it'd been about 10 months since the last cycle and you just don't remember all the details.

Incidentally that site is why this year's cycle was aborted and I've had the best autumn I can remember when the beast's been about.

All the best
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2005, 3:18pm by Beastfodder » IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 4:14pm »

All I gotta say is that if someone tried to hold onto me like the dude in the clip did to Chuck, I'd of pushed his face out the back of his head!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 6:28pm »

Eileen,  

Here is the video of ClusterChuck. I gotta agree with Bob. There's no way I could handle someone standing around watching me, let alone touching me during an attack.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/chuckattack2.wmv
IP Logged
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 7:59pm »

I can not bair anyone seeing me when it is that bad whats more I am also afraid that they micht heer my screems. But we are all different are we not
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 8:22am »

Don't bet on yours coming in April. Although cycles usually do start at the same time, many times they don't. Sometimes you may even skip a cycle. Mine ususally came in December, then I skipped 2 years. When they came back, it was in April.

PF wishes
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:09pm »

They showed videos of someone landing on the moon and we all know thats not possible.  Wink

I wonder if the guy in the video was just sticking a hot poker in chucks eye and twisting it.  Some people will do anything for a reaction.

sighned
Anonymous

Is clusterchuck still alive by the way.  
I cant imagine either someone holding me like that, let alone being in the room.  
One other thing that struck me about that video was the gal by the door.  How its gotta hurt to just watch.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:26pm »

I just watched the video and I am drained. I don't think I could have someone in the room with me either, it would scare the hell out of anyone in my family and I might hurt someone. I am 'lucky' in that the beast has almost always visited while everyone was in bed.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 4:35pm »

I've never seen anyone else having an attack.  All I can say is I'm stunned.
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 4:42pm »

on Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:09pm, MJ wrote:
One other thing that struck me about that video was the gal by the door.  How its gotta hurt to just watch.

MJ

That gal by the door is Chucks 17 year old daughter....she has seen more than her share of attacks.

Bob P, Im with you, Dude!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I wonder what Chuck would've rated that attack on the Kip scale ? Has anyone ever asked ?

UNsolved
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #11 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 6:41am »

That was the first time I've seen somebody else having CH... Cry

I feel just like I've had one and I haven't had a proper one since April (small reminders since then, though).

I admire Chuck; I would have never let anyone videotape me while I'm getting hit. I can barely allow anybody to be near me. I'm curious to know that how Chuck would rate that attack on the kip scale as well.

PFDANs to all,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 7:21am »

i can't handle anyone touching me like that, sometimes when they get really bad and I am trying to shove my head through my pillow and out the bottom of the mattress Mary will put her hand on my back to let me know shes there. It is kinda calming.
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 7:29am »

Just for the record here folks

That tape of Chuck has really open the doors to the medical comunity for me here in Norway in my efford to get the word out about cluster

We have to remember that a film like that tells more then a 1000 words

This is my 2 cents worth in this subject

Svenn
IP Logged

The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 7:44am »

on Dec 3rd, 2005, 6:41am, sandie99 wrote:
I'm curious to know that how Chuck would rate that attack on the kip scale as well.

PFDANs to all,
Sanna

According to the intervue shortly after the film was taken he said it was a K7

Svenn
IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 7:52am »

I think it is very brave of Chuck to let himself be taped and that THAT footage make more people get some insight into the condition than trying to explain it.

We all, I suspect, would hate to be seen during a hit as we feel it is humiliating to be so out of control with the pain but it is as Svenn said, it speaks a thousand words.

Thanks again Chuck for getting the message out!
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 8:46am »

As I watched this film, I was terribly uncomfortable. I could never let anyone film me during an attack. Once I had a dinner appointment in  with my wife and another couple in NYC. Immediately after ordering my entre, of course a major ch occurs. I became so shy about the whole thing I ran into the Rest Room and locked my self in a stall. I was in there for 1 hour. No matter what I did I couldn't get rid of it. I would rate this as the most uncomfortable I have ever felt. It was downright awful. Because of the general public's lack of knowledge on Cluster Headaches, God only knows what they think I am experiencing. I would think that this would be a very interesting topic on one of the national news shows, because alot of people just don't get it. If they aren't experiencing the God-Awful pain, they don't worry or think about it.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 3:23pm »

The power of that Video is strong.

Generally I dont tell anyone details of my CH attacks. (except you all)
The other day due to some persistent questioning at a gathering of some family and friends and being unable to answer questions about the pain of CH without sounding fantastical, I thought about that short video of chuck.

A question came up wich was "did you have ONE of those today". I didnt answer right away

I pulled up the clusterbuster site on their computer and the video.
Now my sister, my mother approaching 80 and a few others gathered around as I said maybe this will help explain. I had assumed that at least my mother had understood, but I then remembered I left home at 17.

Mom gasped and cried, Sis cried, then stunned silence.
As I said no I didnt have ONE of those today. Like chuck and many others I had MANY of those today. Remember just one thing, this was just a condensed version. His attack may have lasted for hours and that is repeated over and over again through the day and the night.

I let my wife take over from there. As others gathered around to watch. And I walked out for some fresh air.  

Thankyou to Justin and chuck you made my life a little easier in explaining to others.  
And to any of us who suffer may your Gods bless you, as few will ever fully know the pain that you endure.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 4:40pm »

I need to make a comment here.   Before I met other clusterheads face to face, I could never let anyone see or touch me either for the most part.  But that wasnt always the case before I was Dx and I was in the emergency room.  There are people there who see you, they touch you they examine you, they shoot drugs in your ass.  Most of you have been there too.

In Nashville, Vig gave me my first split dose of imitrex during an attack.  There is a pic on here somewhere of the bruise it left.  

In Dallas, Chuck did the very same thing for me, held ice to my head and my neck while I was rocking on the floor in the bathroom of the hopitality suite.  Mostly to keep me from banging it against the counter behind me. Racer Bill was just ouside the door looking on.  Later that same night DJ did the same thing for me.  

It's different when it comes to another sufferer being your supporter.  They KNOW... there is NO need to explain anything...they suffer with you, and can see what is needed.  

If you haven't met another sufferer face to face, start planning now to make it to either DavCon in Jan, or to MilCon next July.  It will change your life, and the way you view this disease.

Pegg

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 7:16pm »

I felt your pain my brother  Cry Cry Cry

Sean...........................
IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #20 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 8:22pm »

That video was very painful.  What affected me even more was the sound.  It sent a shiver through me as I heard him vocalize his pain.  I know that sound.  Frankly it is hard to watch the entire video as you recognize there is really nothing you can do to help someone.  I do not want to be touched in a CH, and for some reason I am embarassed about having one.  There is no way I could be videotaped.  Chuck, I don't know you but you have cajones my man and you have helped a lot of people understand.
IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #21 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 5:54am »

That video was mentioned on here not so long ago and I took a look at it then.  Oh man, it was like I was in shock watching with the tears streaming down my face.  Cry  Spose you never really think about what it looks like to others - I definately need/try to go through it alone and could not stand to have someone touching me.  Makes you really appreciate the supporters who do see what we go through, they must feel so bloody helpless!

Thanks for sharing Chuck.

Kate
IP Logged
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

« Reply #22 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 1:29pm »

My wife says that looks like me having one, but I am like so many others in that if you tried to hold me like that I would f#@%k you up.
IP Logged

If pain could have saved us, we long ago would have been cured.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 4:38pm »

a tip of the hat to Luke;  the one holding/helping CHuck through it.

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
boonie
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 9:02pm »

the video is about three minutes kip7 but most of mine were 8,9,10 that lasted an hour and a half to two hours  
hours. like many of you folks.  

boonie
IP Logged

boonie
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss