Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's Official...They are Back :( »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's Official...They are Back :(
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's Official...They are Back :(  (Read 612 times)
stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

It's Official...They are Back :(
« on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had attack number two last night after my ten year hiatus.  I was at the theater watching a really bad show when it descended.  Mercifully, by the time it was over, the peak had already hit and I was able to drive home without shoving my fist into my eye socket to make it home.  Maybe bad theater is a potential cure?  Doubtful.

Looks like I will be looking for a neuroligist come Monday morning.  Anyone from the Baltimore/DC area know of a good one?
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: It's Official...They are Back :(
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A 10 year break! WOW! Thats great! BUt, sorry they're back. Somewhere around here is a list of (sufferer)recommended doctors listed by state. I can't find it now. Maybe someone else can help out.

Hope your cycle is a short one

Goodluck

UNsolved
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

List of recommeded CH docs by state:

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/doctors.htm
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 2:23am »

Sorry the beast is back but welcome to you and I hope your cycle ends for another 10 years and more.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 2:33am »

Start on controlling them, and another 10 years ( great !!!) is on the horizon.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 5:45am »

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear they're back!  Good luck with finding a doc that knows what you're dealing with and hopefully another 10 yr hiatus will follow.

Wishin you all the best,

Kate
IP Logged
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

« Reply #6 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 11:49am »

Steve -

Sorry that uninvited guests have arrived.  Long remissions are a blessing, but lure you into thinking that the cycles are over for good.  Hopefully this one is a short one for you. Wishing you PFDANs.
IP Logged

.mm
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 3:12am »

Steve,

I'm so sorry to hear that the beast is back... Sad
I do hope for a very, very short visit. Hopefully you'll get to see a neuro soon and find meds which work.

Best wishes & lots of PF time,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

ScottEinDC
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 8:51pm »

Steve,

What show did you see?  I'm in the DC area, sometimes head up to B'more to see shows, I should stay away!

Sorry to hear you're dealing with the CH again.  I've not gone to a neurologist yet, but am going for an MRI this week, just preventative, then back to my regular DR and we'll discuss the next step, maybe seeing a neurologist?!

Scott
IP Logged
stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 11:09pm »

I saw a Holiday show that some friends were in.  Don't waste the trip up.  Could be CH inducing.

Could not find a Neurologist that could take me during the cycle, so I got some meds I was on way back when from my current doctor who was actually pretty knowledgeable about CH.  So I am currently doing Ergotamine tablets as my abortive and Prednisone as my preventive.  If I was skating towards a full blown last night (as seems to be the pattern this time around), then the Ergotamine worked.  The only thing I did not like about them was how hyper I felt.  The abundance of caffeine in them will do that to you.  I do have an appointment with a neurologist on the 30th, but they told me to call next week and see if there are any cancellations.

How are you doing? In or out of a cycle right now?
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 1:06am »

Hey Steve. I ( for one) have been in a cycle since mid-october. Varying attacks, as I have been watching what I eat, and had two drinks in that time frame--will not have another until I sleep for 3 weeks straight without interuption. The thing that has me down is I started new meds two weeks ago, exactly today, and I am still getting attacks. I have an appointment with my neurologist on the 21st, but I'm totally exhausted, and confused. I know they'll be leaving soon, but wish it was tonight !!!
IP Logged

stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 12:44am »

Since Mid-October?  I NEVER had one last that long.  My thoughts go out to you...  I think the longest for me was about six weeks.  You are looking at almost three months!  It hurts my heart to think of anyone suffering that long.  The physical pain is one thing.  But the emotional pain is the one that still gets me.  That constant fear that the band is gonna start playing at full decible just scares the ever loving crap out of me every day.  Sometimes just thinking about it, brings the shadow on.  I hope your appointment on the 21st with the neuro resolves your pain, my friend.  I hope you are able to call and find their is a cancellation that you can step into.  Keeping you in my thoughts.
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 1:08am »

Thanks Steve. I am up right now with another one. I thought four nights ago that I was winding down, but the past two nights have been rough. Yesterday I think I slept 20 minutes, then I had the residue effect all day. The numbing, stinging on my left side--all damn day. I thought the meds were taking effect, but I have to go see the doctor and go from there. When I exit the cycle, I will be the happiest person, as I'll have my life back.But until then it is one day at a time.....Scott NYC
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 7:24am »

Scott, get on some Melatonin! Try about 12mgs at night before bedtime. It takes a while to get in your system, but I swear by it. Gets you thru the REM sleep and at least you'll get some sleep and that helps with the exhaustion. Try it! It gets me thru the days.. (I'm chronic).

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 8:48am »

And I had attack number four last night.  Woke up at 4:00am with the band playing nice and loud.  Danced in the kitchen until 5:30 and it disappeared.  Went to bed, woke up this morning at 7:30 with another one.  Now I am in that 'tween stage.  Can't tell if another one is coming or I am just going to live with the reverberations all day.  No amount of ergotamine is gonna help in the middle of the attack.  Can't believe I have to wait until the 30th to see the Neurologist.

This last one felt like the real McCoy.  The other three were simply appetizers for this latest feast.  In ten years I actually forgot what these things feel like.  I am so miserable.
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 10:08am »

Thanks for the advise and hugs Barbara. I will go to GNC here in the City. I'll let you know how it works.
IP Logged

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 1:05am »

Hey Barbara part deux............I took your advise and bought it yesterday. I feel very good as I slept like a log for 6 hours. I am only up early because they are predicting a snow storm in new york city and I have to get out very early. I work for the major newspapers in ny and we are up early alot. The past couple of nights were rough so I had an appointment with my neuro for the 19th but changed it to the 12th. My God----how wonderful it is to get some sleep. I will never take for granted , the importance of sleep !
IP Logged

cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 11:11pm »

sorry to hear they are back steve i hope it gose away quick and goes away for another 10 years, keep the faith and hang in there.
IP Logged
stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 12:14am »

No such luck I am afraid. Sad  However, attack number five was kept at bay this evening with med's.  Here is hoping it doesn't do the old sneak up on me at 4:00am.  Then I just have to grimace and bear it.  Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss