Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's nice to have my life back »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's nice to have my life back
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's nice to have my life back  (Read 616 times)
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

It's nice to have my life back
« on: Dec 4th, 2005, 8:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm an edisodic CH sufferer for 20+ yrs now, and am famiiar by now with how it comes and goes.

As fate would have it, I chose a profession in the wine business, and of course, alcohol is a nasty, nasty trigger for many (myself included) when in cycle.  I've learned over the years that I cannot imbibe at all when in cycle, not even tasting and spitting (which though seemingly course, is the accepted norm for those in the trade).  I am used to tasting 50+ wines a week when in remission, and once a cycle arrives, part of me departs.  I am left as only a portion of who I am when I am in cycle.

The latest cycle came at the end of September, peaked around Halloween, and has now departed.  My last 'trex was 11/18.  My last K4 or better was well over a week ago.

Normally when coming out of cycle, I am very, very leary of getting back into the "norm" of tasting wines, for fear of bringing the Beast out of retirement.  But it's been two weeks now, and last night I had a glass of Champagne at a holiday party.  I thought I started to feel shadows again about 15 minutes after drinking it, but nothing progressed, and I slept through the night.

This afternoon, another holiday party was on the agenda, and this time, I stepped it up a bit to red wine (which seems to be even more of a trigger).  I had 2 glasses.  And 2 hours later, I feel fine, which I most certainly would NOT if I were still cycling.  No shadows, no nothing.

It's nice to have my life back.  To all those edisodic sufferers out there - it will end.  And the normal person that you are will return.  The fearful, introverted person that so many of us become when we are in cycle will go away as will the CHs.

I raise a toast tonight to those that would like to be able to, but cannot.  I know it's cliche', but I feel your pain.  It's still very fresh in my memory.
IP Logged

.mm
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: It's nice to have my life back
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 1:47am »

Cheers to you Mabus! Grin
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 2:09am »

Hey Macbus--that is wonderful news !!! I hope to be out soon. Started new Meds and everyone on this board has been very helpful. I'm a 28 year sufferer, and never before as alcohol been a huge trigger quite like this most recent cycle. Twice after feeling ok for 3 straight days I made the mistake of having a rum/coke. BIG MISTAKE.....So 3 weeks now nothing but water or watered down cola for meals. Just have to think positive--there's light at the end of the tunnel..........Scott
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 3:07am »

That's great! Cheers! Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 6:52am »

Great news! Smiley
IP Logged
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 2:21pm »

Just in time for the Holiday's. COOOOOOOL!
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Orion
New Board Newbie
USA 

This too shall pass ......

« Reply #6 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 2:48pm »

Very nice inspiration, I have been sans beer and wine since August when shadows first appeared and hoped I would dodge the bullet. WRONG, but the cycle is finally in full swing and I pray for it to reach the peak and pass.  

Why do they seem to have to pass some peak?  I continue contemplating that avoidance is not worth it just bring them on. Guess that is another post.

Cheers, Wink
IP Logged
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 12:53am »

A very joyous Festivus season to all - here's hoping for a clear and pf holiday!

Well after the successes of Saturday and Sunday, I went out to a dinner on Monday, and had maybe 6 ounces of wine with the first three courses.  Maybe too much too soon (but not as much as the day before), cuz midway through dinner that old nasty feeling returned.  It started ramping up, and I excused myself before the entree was served.  

By the time I got home I was starting to get a touch of the tear, and I was fearing that it was headed for 'trex territory.

That didn't happen.  It went awake pretty quickly once I got home, so maybe 30 minutes duration from initial onset, to excusing myself, getting home, and maybe 3 minutes mores once there.

And I've not even had shadows since.  Nor even a drop of alcohol.  It's been a week now, and maybe I'll give it a go again this weekend.

I guess the moral of the story is:  Go slow when coming out of cycle as far as alcohol is concerned.
IP Logged

.mm
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 1:49am »

I also went out to dinner this weekend twice !!! I WAS VERY NERVOUS, but I DIDN'T WANT TO EVEN TEST THE ALCOHOL THING, SO I SIMPLY DRANK WATER. I WAS SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY NOTHING HAPPENED, AND ( FINGERS CROSSED, AND FOREVER PRAYING) I HAVE HAD A FEW VERY GOOD NIGHTS....BARBARA TOLD ME TO TRY MELATONIN AND IT WORKED, AS I THINK , AND HOPE THAT THE CYCLE IS SLOWLY ENDING....I WILL NOT EVEN TEMPT MYSELF WITH A RUM/COKE, OR EVEN A BEER.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 12:49am »

Congrats' buddy!!  Tip a few for me when you get the chance!  Great to hear you made it out from under the cement parachute in time for the holidays.   Cheesy
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss