Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster Family I need help physically...... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster Family I need help physically......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster Family I need help physically......  (Read 848 times)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

Cluster Family I need help physically......
« on: Dec 10th, 2005, 9:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Lol probably mentally too......

No really am struggling with this shadowing the last two days and it is really sharp a majority of the time it is killing my studying.  I tried the Midrin the Neuro insisted that she wanted me to give a chance.  laugh yah didn't faze it was hopeful that at least it might kill my shadow so that I could function at work.  But none the less reached for the trusty old coffee and was only able to take the edge off. Undecided

Been trying O2 and isn't helping me much not sure why not was before but not giving up on it.

Can't get myself a chance to study because my brain hurts to much to concentrate.  

Could use some insight if any of you have any.  For me Lips Sealed
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Cluster Family I need help physically......
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 4:32pm »

midrin works great on my kids migraines.  However, it did nothing for my ch.  Good luck trying it.  Hang in there.  Call up and talk to the dr on call.  Maybe they will be willing to prescribe something else.  3 or 4 times is all it takes to  know if something is going to work or not in my opinion.  I will be praying for you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 7:37pm »

I agree with Karla....call the Neuro and tell him/her that the Midrin is not helping.  Remember, you are paying the doctor for a service.  If you get no results with this Neurologist, go to see another.  I went thru about 5 doctors before I finally found one who would work with me and who actually listened to me.  I tried Midrin years ago and it did nothing but leave me feeling spacy and also left a terrible taste in my mouth for hours.

Along with the O2, ice and other meds, sometimes a course of Prednisone helped to calm down the shadows.  I hated taking Prednisone due to all of the awful side effects but when you are desperate to have some sort of a "normal" life where you can work, study, etc., you'll try anything.

I wish you luck and am keeping my fingers crossed that you are feeling better soon.

CyndiS

IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 8:21pm »

I'm so sorry about the shadows!  My last 2 cycles were like that - unfortunately, I never found anything that TRULY helped the shadow pain.  Caffiene was the closest thing, which means I never slept well either, even with Melatonin.

I'm not being much help here, am I?  As said above, work with your doc and, if you DO find something that works, please share it.  For me, shadow pain is almost worse than the kip 9's because it's with you all the time until the cycle is well over.

Hugs and PF study wishes,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 12:04am »

Any luck with any of the suggestions listed? Hope you were able to overcome the pain and nail your exams.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16th, 2005, 1:47am »

on Dec 10th, 2005, 9:59am, KMT wrote:
Been trying O2 and isn't helping me much not sure why not was before but not giving up on it.

Are you using a hi-flow reg, a Clustermasx, and still failing? It's real easy to get sloppy with O2 mask/seal/flow/etc.

Proper O2 delivery technique is everything.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss