Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « imigran injections »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   imigran injections
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imigran injections  (Read 1658 times)
gymbob
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

imigran injections
« on: Dec 12th, 2005, 8:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

having been a sufferer for more than 5 yrs with only a couple of weeks between clusters can anyone answer why the makers of imigran injections (which totally work for me) still have not managed to get the injections into smaller amounts.... yesterday for example i had 4 ch's, injected at 2.30 am then had another one at 9am , 12.30 and 8 pm, but i was worried to use my second injection incase i got another one in the night and wld be so drained the next day for work without my night injection..... the imigran are like a safety blanket for me but it seems stupid that in dec 2005 we should still be stuffering like this, where there are drugs out there that work (for the majority).... any ideas?
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: imigran injections
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 11:25am »

This report suggests one possibility. You might try using olanzapine as an abortive and, if it works continuing using it for a few weeks, then return to your injections.
---------
Headache. 2004 Jul;44(7):713-8.

Subcutaneous sumatriptan induces changes in frequency pattern in cluster headache patients.

Rossi P, Lorenzo GD, Formisano R, Buzzi MG.

Objectives.-To document the relationship between the use of subcutaneous (SQ) sumatriptan (sum) and a change in frequency pattern of cluster headache (CH) in six patients. To discuss the clinical and pathophysiological implications of this observation in the context of available literature. Background.-Treatment with SQ sum may cause an increase in attack frequency of CH but data from literature are scant and controversial. Methods.-Six CH sum-naive patients (three episodic and three chronic according to the International Headache Society (IHS) criteria) are described. Results.-All six patients had very fast relief from pain and accompanying symptoms from the drug but they developed an increase in attack frequency soon after using SQ sum. In all patients, the CH returned to its usual frequency within a few days after SQ sum was withdrawn or replaced with other drugs. Five patients were not taking any prophylactic treatment and SQ sum was the only drug prescribed to treat their headache. Conclusions.-Physicians should recognize the possibility that treatment of CH with SQ sum may be associated with an increased frequency of headache attacks.

PMID: 15209695 [PubMed - in process]  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 11:30am »

You can try the imitrex tip (look at the menu bar and click the link)

Ditto Bob.
I'm a huge fan of olanzapine as an abortive.
Fast! Cheap! No side effect that I have encountered

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
o2
New Board Newbie
Finland 

0(^_^)0

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 4:01am »

Agreed, try out the Imitrex tip!

I was so pleased to find that fantastic idea! i am on the road at the mo and only had two injections with me and didn't know whether i could get more in Hong Kong, let alon eChina so the tip made my injections last for 6 hits rather than two...which was a godsend!  

Out of them now though which sucks a bit...: (
IP Logged

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela

Please help support our Cambodian PEPY Ride School Project www.pepyride.org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss