Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 1:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christmas! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christmas!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christmas!  (Read 1336 times)
rubberplant
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

"Why me, why me, why me!?!?"

rubber.plant@mac.com
WWW Email

Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christmas!
« on: Dec 19th, 2005, 7:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

How are you all?

I hope everyone is PF for the festive season and that everyone is well.

I have a question. (actually a couple!)

I have been PF since September last year. I had a singular attack after a weekend of shooting a short film. It was all night shoots.  

Since then nothing. I have been diagnosed as suffering from depression recently and put on citalopram in the last week. I am starting to feel more able to do things although yesterday evening after falling asleep on the sofa with my boy (he's got a bad cold and teething (17 months old)) I started getting that familiar feeling behind my left eyeball. I stuck it out worried about whacking a Sumatriptan injection in my leg on top of the anti-depressant. It was only a kip 4 or 5 but sure enough a shock to system after being clear for so long.

This morning I was giving jacob breakfast and the wife was at work when  I got hit again. I rang rachel and she came home and I shot myself with the Sumatriptan. i havent felt musch in the way of side effects from mixing these two or the anticonvulsants (carbamezapine and Gabapentin).

i just wondered if anybody else had noticed a link between depression or relief or stress  and CH. Or if anyone else is on an SSRI (like Prozac) and have noticed any unwanted side effects from using Sumatriptan injenctions?

Oh,

Merry Christmas y'all!

James
IP Logged

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
http://www.james-gardner.co.uk
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christma
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 11:03am »

I have taken celexa, effexor, wellbutrin, and cymbalta for depression.  I still suffered from ch.  It didn't seem to effect it at all.  I even quit my high stress job and volunteer position to eliminate stress and I still got hit.  I used imitrix all the time in nasal spray form and have had no side effects or problems.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
rubberplant
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

"Why me, why me, why me!?!?"

rubber.plant@mac.com
WWW Email

Re: Hi again, SSRI's, 'trex & a Merry Christma
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 11:15am »

Thanks Karla,

just hoping I'm not going into cycle.  

James
IP Logged

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
http://www.james-gardner.co.uk
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss