Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 1:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Nimotop anyone? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Nimotop anyone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nimotop anyone?  (Read 1396 times)
o2
New Board Newbie
Finland 

0(^_^)0

Nimotop anyone?
« on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After finally learning that imigran is not available in china I managed somehow to see a neurologist here today,which by the way was much easier than in Europe!!! He prescribed me something called Nimotop, Nimodipine tablets, as prophylaxis. Has anyone tried them before? I don't think he really understood the concept of CH and am wondering if I am wasting my time treating migraines right now? Desperate measures though....

Thanks for any advice!
IP Logged

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela

Please help support our Cambodian PEPY Ride School Project www.pepyride.org
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Nimotop anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 9:58am »

I took Nimotop after brain surgery. My understanding is that it's a calcium channel blocker (like Verapapmil, which is a standard CH preventative). I haven't tried it for CH. It was very expensive when I used it (in 1999), if that's still the case, you may ask your Dr to switch to verapamil. Did the Dr give you anything else to use as an abortive? There are other triptans out there...Maxalt, Zomig... And of course, there's oxygen.
Good luck and pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 11:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I take Nimotop 30mg X 4 a day. It's not helping much either.

Hope you have better luck

UNsolved
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 11:46am »

Tried it many years ago: No benefit.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 2:03pm »

No help here either............
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
o2
New Board Newbie
Finland 

0(^_^)0

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:45am »

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help and can only agree with you now having learned the hard way... Sadly I was unable to get my hands on any other triptans either as language is such a huge barrier, its sometimes hard to even order the right bowl of noodles, let alone the correct medication. So I am leaving the country earlier than planned. Am very sad as my sister arrived from Finland on Monday to spend xmas with me and now I have to go. I know I'm not the only one whose life is ruled sometimes by these buggers but am feeling rather sorry for myself right now. I do thank you all, this site, for making it all a hell of a lot easier to cope with and I hope you all have painfree holidays!!!
IP Logged

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela

Please help support our Cambodian PEPY Ride School Project www.pepyride.org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss