Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ten questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ten questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ten questions  (Read 481 times)
bubu
New Board Newbie
Poland 

EMPATHY!!!!!

ten questions
« on: Feb 6th, 2004, 8:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i am kinda sorta glad my ch came back after 7 years, it was so lonely before and now i have a family, i read responses to my alien theory (well i thought it was mine but i see from the TFH that others had already figured out the real reason for ch) and LMAO.

a few questions-

1. when i somehow lesson the pain of one or a few  headaches, the next ones seem to come on stronger. its like i have to drink a gallon of pure pain to get thru a cycle. this is a question.

2. when in extreme pain i hold my nose and blow until air comes out my eyes, this lessens the pain but it scares the shit out of me how i can strain so much. this is also a question

3. when an episodic has a few pf years and they come back, from what i read on the left, they turn to chronic?

4. i never much cared for alcohol, and am abstinant during cluster, but when i do drink i really dont hold my liquor well, passing out and barfing etc. my mom drank during my in utero time. this is also a question.

5. is there an in depth survey and what do we have in common?

6. i am considered an not a very nice person by most everyone i meet. is this a trait we have in common or do i just have the not a very nice person syndrome?

7. have been drug free for over 4 years, but did everything to excess before i quit. i guess i am not alone in this case, waiting for the next cluster i really didnt care about much

8. whats up with the mushrooms? i went to the site, they say it works, what do you say?

9. i am drained of energy, 4-6 headaches during the night and morning, everytime i reach REM i wake up. multivitamins, iron?

10. can someone send me the blueprint for making a tin foil anti alien cap, please?

IP Logged
cakelady
New Board Junior
USA 

damn I don't want to be here

Re: ten questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 9:52am »

3. when an episodic has a few pf years and they come back, from what i read on the left, they turn to chronic?  

Whoa shit! now that scares the hell out of me

Christine
IP Logged

Pain is inevitable, misery is not.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 10:09am »

#5 - we've been trying for years and 1000s of surveys to find something in common. Haven't found it yet.  
#6 - Not nice syndrome - I just say it stands for  
   Barbara In Total Control Here!!!! Who's gonna argue with a clusterhead. And then there's our sweetheart - Jonny... Think there's a lot of that syndrome going around.  

But hang in here - we're working on being nice and finding something in common...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 10:11am »

I had a remission once for at least 5 years...I thought it was 7, but my memory is gone, and I am not sure about that.....

But now, I am every 2 years....couldn't tell you what I was before the remission, cause I can't remember. Undecided

So at this point I am not chronic.

As for the tin alien cap.....watch the movie "Signs".

Have a nice day   Grin..........forgetful Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:

I have been episodic for 28 years, not chronic yet.

Quote:
4. i never much cared for alcohol, and am abstinant during cluster, but when i do drink i really dont hold my liquor well, passing out and barfing etc. my mom drank during my in utero time. this is also a question.  

Whats the question?

Quote:
5. is there an in depth survey and what do we have in common?  

Immense pain.

Quote:
6. i am considered an not a very nice person by most everyone i meet. is this a trait we have in common or do i just have the not a very nice person syndrome?  

I personally know of no connection between CH and personality disorders.

Quote:
9. i am drained of energy, 4-6 headaches during the night and morning, everytime i reach REM i wake up. multivitamins, iron?  

Dramamine.

Quote:
10. can someone send me the blueprint for making a tin foil anti alien cap, please?  

Classified as highly sensitive material. High security clearance neccesary, per order of D. Rumsfeld
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 11:12am »

Something is out of kilter in CH - it causes more than just pain.  The studies that have been done don't fully agree with each other,  but here is my recollection of them:  

One study suggested that some personality traits are higher in CH than other headaches - I think it was poorly socialized/antisocial and anger/hostility.  Another study showed that compared to other groups, the CH had the highest number of very disturbed individuals, and also the highest number of apparently normal people (I think 15-20% in each group).  

Quote:
when in extreme pain i hold my nose and blow until air comes out my eyes, this lessens the pain but it scares the shit out of me how i can strain so much. this is also a question

Some of us bang their heads against the wall when the pain is really bad.  Objectively, this is not a good idea, although it might seem like it at the time.  Blowing air "out of your eyes" could raise blood pressure enough to cause something to pop - could cause a stroke, or bloody nose, or ?

Question #1 - it sometimes seems like you describe it, but some of my cycles are really bad, and some only bad.  Some people think we are meant to feel the pain one way or another, I don't.  

One trustworthy source of Tin Foil Hat info is:  
http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 12:22pm »

I read in a book that the average CHer is white, male, 6' and up, hazel eye's and dark hair and smokes three packs a day.  They got everything right about the symptoms and treatments except that they suggested stress relief as a treatment. By the way I fit the profile perfectly except I am a 1 pack a day.

Opus/Paul
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2004, 12:23pm by Opus » IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 12:56pm »

Hi BuBu.

3)  No

4)  I don't believe there is any connection.  Otherwise all of us Irish would be clusterheads.  (I am the oddity.  I don't drink, and neither did my mom.)

5)  There is a cluster survey on the left, and if you will go the the OUCH site yoiu will find another.  We have some people who are working very hard on putting together a survey on the effects CH has had on our lives.  Hopefully it will be available soon.

6)  No connection

7)  No relationship that I know of.  Otherwise I know quite a few who are CH free that would be chronic plus and I would be PF.

IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 1:24pm »

You made my day BuBu.

1. Your doomed like the rest of us. A cluster is will continue until the alien dust that entered your head is completely expelled. However long it takes. Once out of your system the clusters will leave.

2. I wouldn't pressurize my head like that if I where you. Stroke in the making.

3. NO. Episodic for 25 yrs. lasting 6-18 weeks. So far so good. Not chronic yet.

4. Don't drink in cycle.

5. We have nothing in common to cause clusters.

6. There are LOTS of nice people who have clusters. Elaine for one who wouldn't hurt a fly.

7. Drugs or NO drugs. Still get clusters. JUST SAY NO.

8. ?? Not sure. Never tried.

9. No. Doesn't work for me.

10. Wish I can find one. If you make your own, it won't work. You have to steal one from an alien from question #1.
IP Logged
hopefull
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 2:11pm »

#9...have you checked out sleep apnea....just found out I have it.....look at re-sleep king of pain put some web sites up to look at!....one said 75% of the cluster may have it...maybe worth checking out....hoping it will help me get the oxygen the insurance won't let me get for clusters.....think happy! *smile*....don't think your face will crack...
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 3:01pm »

Tin Foil Hat
Typically made with aluminum foil, this head-gear protects the wearer's brain from the effects of mind control and can block the intrusions of mind readers. An effective and low-cost solution to combating mind-control, it is popular among less wealthy paranoids. Also known by the more technical term "Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie" (AFDB).  

An excerpt from the definitive online AFDB work, http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html:  
An Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) is a type of headwear that can shield your brain from most electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers. AFDBs are inexpensive (even free if you don't mind scrounging for thrown-out aluminium foil) and can be constructed by anyone with at least the dexterity of a chimp (maybe even BuBu). This cheap and unobtrusive form of mind control protection offers real security to the masses. Not only do they protect against incoming signals, but they also block most forms of brain scanning and mind reading, keeping the secrets in your head truly secret. AFDBs are safe and operate automatically. All you do is make it and wear it and you're good to go! Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.  

What are you waiting for? Make one today!  
Q: Does it have a self-powered propeller to cool the head?  

A: No, it depends on the wearer to remain calm.  
Q: Does the reflective side of the tinfoil go in or out?  

A: That depends on signal origin.  
Don't forget that you have to ground the hat to get the desired effect.  

Science is not a strong point among the paranoid.  

Someone has their Tin Foil Hat on too tight!

...................jonny Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2004, 3:02pm by jonny » IP Logged
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 3:08pm »

Hi and Welcome!  bigguns

1- I can't understand what you mean...

2- Which is your question??

3- I don't know on my experience...

4- Try not to drink during the cluster...

6- It's common between sufferers not to be nice... but it's the beast's fault....

8- Do what is right for you...

10- When I find it...

Grin Regards, Zaira

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2004, 3:09pm by ZAIRA » IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
thomas

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 5:31pm »

bubu, the light is on, whenever you're ready to come visit your sister, you'd better call me........ You guys show this man some sympathy, he looks like me, the poor bastard...
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 12:54am »

Hi bubu...glad ya found family here.......I think yer # 6 got censor'd.......(I found that out the hard way here...blahhh-ha-ha-ha) All I can think of is Yogi askin boo-boo where the pic-a-nic basket is Pam  Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss