Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help Me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help Me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help Me!  (Read 409 times)
sharbare
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Help Me!
« on: Feb 6th, 2004, 8:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can't believe this is actually happening to me.  I just finished a cycle that was about 7 weeks long then had 2 weeks of  no headaches.  I was taking prednisone, and for the first time in my life felt like I skated through an episode.
 I thought I was done for the next 20 months or so. WRONG! It came back 10 fold! I have had 32 attacks since Monday night (2 mon, 8 Tues, 10 Wed, 11 Thurs and thank God only 2 today.) I have NEVER had this many so close together!!!!  
 I haven't been able to sleep cuz every time I do I wake with an attack! I can't tell if I have started another cycle or if this is the same cycle and out to get me.  I am exhausted.  I have 2 small children that life does not stop for.  My husband, mom, sister and friends have been so supportive.  I pretty much can't even function.  I feel pathetic  and anxious not knowing when an attack is coming.  I only left the house once since monday and that was to go to the Diamond clinic again. (which I got two attacks while I was there) They put me on cyroheptadine 4 mg twice a day for 3 days, then 4 a day thereafter.  Is anyone out there taking this drug?  I have only taken two doses but it seems to be helping.  Only time will tell.  
Sharbare :'( :'(
IP Logged
Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Re: Help Me!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 8:49pm »

So sorry to hear you are having such a tough time with the beast, we are all here for you!

Have never tried cyro...

Do you have any O2?  If not get some...it is a wonderful thing.

Wishing you PFDAN

Rick
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2004, 8:50pm by Rick_K » IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 8:58pm »

Bummer....I have learned the beast follows no schedule.  
Look here for the nearest thing to a cure I have found in 27 years.

Good Luck.

Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 12:05am »

Welcome and sorry that you're having to deal with this horror. You'll find some good ideas for dealing with CH and there will be more posts every day. You might try this:  (worked for me)

http://www.netsync.net/users/charlies/

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 12:20am »

Hi Sharbare.......hope things are goin better for ya by now ? Pam that's been behind at sayin HEY to newbie's
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 12:56am »

Sharon,

Sorry you are getting hit so badly! Cry  That doesn't quite cut it I know, but that is all I can say other than we are praying for you right now.

I don't remember if you said anything about a preventative the other day.  Definitly I would suggest O2 as an abortive, and ask about trying Verapamil and Lithium as a preventative.  They are about all that are keeping me sane (right!).  Call me if we can help.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
thomas

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 4:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

wish the beast would just leave you the hell alone....... and everybody else,for that matter............
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 9:20am »

Hi Sharbare...

Sorry you are having such a hard time... Sad

Cyproheptadine is an allergy medication (an antihistamine) usually prescribed for the relief of the symptoms of hayfever and the common cold.  I know that Diamond is big on the "histamine theory" but I'm not sure about it.  My hubby was hooked up to IV's in their clinic for two weeks....didn't work....did cost over $25,000 though... Angry  The histamine treatment is thought to be outdated and archaic.  However, let me say I hope you get some relief from the cyproheptadine....fingers crossed for you.  CH is very individual...what works for one doesn't work for another.

Have they prescribed any prevent drugs like verapamil or lithium?  Did they give you a script for 02?  Did they give you any abortative drugs.....imitrex, zomig, etc.
Sometimes verapamil, lithium, etc. taken with the prednisone works as the prednisone holds the HA at bay while the other drugs have time to get into the system.

Good luck....keep posting and let us know how you are doing.  Someone is here 24/7.

Jacks Cool

Ueli....where the hell are you??  We need some of your wisdom......
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2004, 9:46am by Jackie » IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 12:07pm »

WOW! It hurts me to read this post because I know exactly what your going through. However I will say this, typically when I am in the place where you are now, I'm almost done.

Last year in September, I was in a regular painful cycle 3-4 bad ones a day with a few shadows, then I started taking AMERGE twice a day and the CH stopped I kept taking them and I was pain free for about 2 weeks, Well I ran out of Amerge but that was ok because I thought I was done, one week later I got hammered and thought I was going out of my mind 8-10 bad ones a day for about two weeks then I was completely done Pain free since October.  

So Chin up keep the faith maybe this is just the grand finally.

PFDAN

NORM

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss