Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new supporter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new supporter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new supporter  (Read 1000 times)
bird_at_the_back
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

new supporter
« on: Feb 7th, 2004, 9:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi my boyfriend has suffered with CH since he was 17/18 in the 14yrs I have know him they have gotten steadily worse.  There was one yr he didn't get them he was taking an antidepressant dotheapan?sp at the time is there any connection does anyone know?

I was reading on someone elses post about slurred speech, tingling fingers etc. My boyfriend has had those same symptoms before I believe that some are due to hyperventilating from the pain... try yoga breathing as this seems to help him.
IP Logged
bird_at_the_back
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: new supporter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2004, 9:22pm »

BTW  am sure that everyone at the height of an attack will have raised bp and lowered pulse this is classic symptom of raised intracranial pressure (why it hurts soooooooooo very much)
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2004, 3:45am »

on Feb 7th, 2004, 9:22pm, bird_at_the_back wrote:
BTW  am sure that everyone at the height of an attack will have raised bp and lowered pulse this is classic symptom of raised intracranial pressure (why it hurts soooooooooo very much)

Hey bird, Welcome to the board. Good to see a new supporter here.
Intercranial pressure is why it hurts? I don't know about that but my take is it is the dilations of the blood vessels pressing on the trigeminal nerve that cause the pain.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
bird_at_the_back
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2004, 8:20am »

The vasodilation is what causes the raised pressure in the brain.  more fluid more pressure
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 8th, 2004, 2:47pm »

Welcome to the board...sorry you need us but glad you are here. The exact cause is not known, many theories abound the most popular being....

From the Department of Neurology, Karolinska sjukhuset, and the Department of Neurology, Södersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden.

THE PATHOGENESIS OF cluster headache incompletely known. Several authors consider the attack to be associated with local dilatation of extra-cranial vessels in the regions supplied by branches of the external carotid artery. According to Friedman and Mikropoulos1 this is suggested by the fact that during an attack one observes 1) a dilated temporal artery in some cases, 2) injection of conjunctiva and congestion of nasal mucosa, 3) local rise of skin temperature, 4) reduced ache on compression of the temporal artery, 5) a favorable response to vasoconstrictor agents. The pain has been assumed to be due to local release to the tissues around the dilated vessels of a substance which lowers the threshold of pain.2

However, it is probable that the internal carotid artery as well participates in the pathophysiological process in many cases of cluster headache. This is evidenced by the occurrence of a partial Horner's syndrome on the side of the pain.3,4 An attempt has been made in the present study to throw further light on the nature of the pain in cluster headache. The patients were thoroughly studied during attacks by means of simple clinical procedures aimed at relief of the pain. Some new observations will be discussed.

OUCH Library

Imitrex Injection, Oxygen and Fungus are my weapons of choice.

Good Luck,
Mark

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 9th, 2004, 1:23am »

Welcome aboard and we treasure supporters here.
If you stick around you'll find good ideas for dealing with this horror.  Here is a technique that worked for me:

http://www.netsync.net/users/charlies/

This one is to help others understand that this has nothing to do with what is thought of as "headache:"

[url]["http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm" /url]

I hope you let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
bobkip
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 9th, 2004, 2:01am »

Welcome Bird,
I used to hyperventilate before I got on O2 but doubt anyone was brave enough to come near me during an attack to see if I had slurred speach. Don't remember having tingles and never checked bp but will try to do so tomorrow right after the beast leaves.
Kip
IP Logged
bird_at_the_back
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 10:57pm »

Hi all and thanx for the warm welcome.

bobkin by the time the beast leaves your bp will have returned to normal, the only way you will know for sure is to have someone else check it while you are being attacked.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss