Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « WOW! so this is IT?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   WOW! so this is IT??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WOW! so this is IT??  (Read 435 times)
Rmatt
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WOW! so this is IT??
« on: Feb 10th, 2004, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have suffered from "migraines" for about ten years.  Sometimes go a couple of years with none.  NOW I WAKE 2X PER NIGHT in pure AGONY! (these episodes are new and started only 2 weeks ago).  I'm sorry to tell you all this - I'm glad to see I'm not alone.  
 Does it seem likely that I will fall into the "pattern" that I keep reading of?  Could this be a nasty "side-effect" of my typical headache routine?  I'm scared to sleep. I'm out of Imitrex.  I cannot afford more.
How will this condition affect my applying for health insurance?? (i have none right now - and just had a costly ER trip).

I know.  Too many thoughts.  Too many questions.  I'm a new guy.

THANK YOU!!  Matt

P.S.  Is you guys "aura" usually constant??
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: WOW! so this is IT??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Pukedance.

Are you sure you have migraines and NOT clusters ? Is the pain on one side of your head only ? Do you get cycles of headaches ? Read all you can about clusters. There are also other prevents other than Imitrex. Talk to your doctor. If he gives you different meds, you can save on insurance cost. Make sure you check with the doc as to what he approves you take when you mix meds though. It can be dangerous to mix on your own. Hope you find relief.
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 9:44pm »

Matt,

Aura's??  We don't get them....

Check on the med's board for some of the over the counter & herbal remedies people are trying....(dramamine, melatonin, magneseum, water, water, water, ice packs, nasal sprays, ginseng tea, etc) This is especially good for someone with no insurance.  Check the "water x3" tip on the left.

Keep us posted.
Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 10:07pm »

Hi Pukedance Smiley

Please read as much of the info in the buttons on the left as you can, to make sure you have clusters. Many here are very intolerant of those who haven't distinguished between migraines and cluster headaches, the two are very different and treated differently. Take the quiz to give yourself a better understanding of what the nature of the beast is. Smiley     Just trying to save you from more hassle than you need experience.

as far as the insurance thing, I would venture to say that having CH is a battle with doctors, insurance, ERs, and many other medical things. It very well may be that it causes you trouble, and It may not. In any case, arm yourself with info first and the rest well.....best of luck.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 10:30pm »

Not sure if you have Cluster Headaches or not.  How did the test on the left turn out?  Can you describe your pain?  Where does it start?  Where is the most pain?  How long does it last? How quick does it come on, how long does it last, how quick does it depart?

I sure hope you don't have CH, but I am very sorry you are having such pain, whatever it is.

If you do have CH, you are at the best possible spot,

Welcome aboard.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:04am »

Hey there.....hate your  name by the way....makes me nauseous!!!

If you have more questions, we are here...ask away.  And pray you DO NOT have CH.   But if you do, this is the place to be.

Big Hugs.....Little Deb

PS don't bother with the ER.  Bloomin' idiots they are!!
Come here, we will help you through....and go to a GP and ask for meds, fully armed with info from this site, so you can teach the doc.
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
thomas

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:35pm »

on Feb 10th, 2004, 8:50pm, pukedance wrote:
"aura"

WTF??????? Is that??????? Huh
IP Logged
randal
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:14pm »

Welcome
No aura's with Clusterheads but this is the site that can help you and like they are all saying arm yourself with information when you go see the Doc. He needs to be helped also. Some are very stupid when it comes to the beast.Try medicare or medical or something.If Illegal alliens can get it maybe a citizen can to.
Good Luck
RB
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:31pm »

Sorry folks but your comments about no aura with clusters isn't true.  
The survey done in the UK showed that quite a few Ch sufferers get aura, photosensitivity and nausea (Classic migraine indicators) with their CH attacks. It was a small proportion, but while it does suggest migraine, it DOESN'T rule out a CH diagnosis.

Wendy
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:43pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:40pm »

Pukedance could also have migraines AND clusters.

Photophobia comes with about a third of my CH, sometimes really bad.  Really weird:  occasionally the photophobia is bilateral, worse on the left (my CH side), only symptom I ever had bilaterally.  

Also sometimes have nausea and gagging but medication or extreme pain, either one, can cause nausea.  Only time I ever actually threw up was in a brand-new car right after I told the owner, "Don't worry, I never really throw up!"  Hurt my credibility a bit.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:43pm »

Yep we are aura free here!  We get no warning we are f'in blindsided most of the time.  If it is clusters and you think you will never have anymore, then you are so damn wrong, because they will haunt you forever.  

Read the information here and we are all here to listen and help anyway we can.  We are a huge family!

Paige
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 3:24pm »

I have to admit that I get a shadow, a feel wash over me right before the sweats hit and I knowt hat a real bad one is coming and coming fast.  Granted I dont get them all of the time, but I do get them.  No I am not sensitive to the light like I am when a migraine hits, but the nausea is common with me as well.  Maybe it is how my body reacts to high levels of pain, cause I was also nauseaus (sp?) in the hospital when I was in labor.  Wink

Welcome and read up. Ask what ever you can and we will try and help.  

PF wished to you,
Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 7:34pm »

Hold the boat!  I say I have an aura to warn me that I am about to get hit.  And I am sensitive to light, and sometimes I throw up.  My aura, consists of a hot feeling at the base of my neck on the affected side.  I get really flushed and feel my face changing shape.  Like a jeckle and hyde type thing.  I also get shadows.

paddle on.....little deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:48pm »

i get shadows, hate those things.  i get them year round even when not in cycle, the beast likes to remind me that he is their at all times.  i do get nauseous and usually talk to ralph with most of the hits.  i hate that! i don't wanna talk about it anymore, makes my head and neck hurt.

Paige
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:56pm »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 6:31pm, pubgirl wrote:
Sorry folks but your comments about no aura with clusters isn't true.  
The survey done in the UK showed that quite a few Ch sufferers get aura, photosensitivity and nausea (Classic migraine indicators) with their CH attacks.

Tis absolutely true for me...  I had to ask and read numerous times just to get some kind of idea of what an aura is.  As for noise...crank the friggin stereo up!  I have a CD that I specifically burned for a CH attack.  Light; I could care one way or the other.  I do not prefer quiet though...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #15 on: Feb 15th, 2004, 8:57am »

I get aura's (left eye) too...
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss