Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Convinced...but »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Convinced...but
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Convinced...but  (Read 404 times)
Rmatt
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Convinced...but
« on: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First of all, thanks so much to all of you for the support.  

After reviewing info, taking the quiz, comparing, etc., I feel convinced that I too suffer from CH.  Only thing is, this is the FIRST cycle I've had that wakes me from sleep.  Have I "evolved" in some horrible way?  

So now I'm off to GNC and the drug store to look for things to help (considering I have no more Imitrex and don't have a prescription for O2). - - - what should I get?  Seems melatonin is a good start??

I've already begun pounding water (pretending it's beer that I can no longer drink).

My headaches last night were shorter and milder than the previous nights but I'm carrying around "that feeling" in the left side of my head.

Please advise on OTC.  I can't thank you all enough or express how much this site has helped me in the last 24 hrs!!

Matt
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Convinced...but
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 11:56am »

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the board.

I, too, had my CH in the middle of the night.  Always around 2:30 - 3 a.m.

Alot of folks here have had success with the melatonin.  Also some take benadryl.  Dramamine has been used by several, too.  Seems to be the general consensus is that you need to stay out of REM.....that is when the beast usually hits.  The benadryl and dramamine will (for some) prevent them from getting in that deep sleep mode.

Unfortunately, not everything works for all of us.  

You will find an amazing amount of information here.

Let us know how things go for you.  Usually someone here around the clock.  

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:47pm »

Rmatt,

Geez,the first cycle sucks ass, but, you already know that Wink. Melatonin is a good start, along with the ice packs, water, strong black coffee (a caffine thing I believe). I'd stay away from certain things like ginseng (only bad new to report on that) and other herbal remedies as no one really knows for certain what triggers and what prevents etc.
  The best method is to find a good doctor or neurologist and get proper medical treatment (as best as it is known) Print out the pertinant things from those buttons we directed you too and take them along. Frequently you may find that doctors say "Cluster What??" or are not receptive to input. Unfortunate but reality just the same.  
  You mentioned that insurance was a rather large issue in your case. So to avoid future problems try to get some BEFORE a diagnosis so they cant rule you out as a "pre-existing" condition. Insurance isnt a garantee of good medical treatment but it sure does help ease the cost. If you can't get insurance, I advise that you do whatever you have to to get medical help no matter what that may be, be true to your needs first. Sweat the money later ya know?!

My first cycle was a complete bitch, I had insurance and meds (getting the O2 proved to be quite a challenge regardless) I was still new with the immitrx thing and this place helped me immensely. We are here to help, don't give up no matter how difficult things get, and if ya don't know ASK.

Best o luck,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dramamine. It helps you sleep and if you dream about going sailing you wont get sick.
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 11:29pm »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 10:36am, Rmatt wrote:
Only thing is, this is the FIRST cycle I've had that wakes me from sleep.  Have I "evolved" in some horrible way?  

Matt, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the beast you are fighting is one slippery son of a bitch!  Just when you think you have it nailed as to what works for you, the bastard changes.

I have now had CH for 26 years.  I can't tell you how many times the beast has changed, and still continues to change.  That is one of the reasons it is so much trouble fighting the bastard!  He is one tricky bastard!

Good luck,
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
rumplestiltskin

Email

Darwin gone bad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 2:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yea....what Chuster Cluck said.

We are walkin in a bad neihborhood....never know when or how we'll get mugged next. There are so many neat varibles to try...switchin sides, periodic to chronic, meds that abort for some and trigger for you, cold triggers-Hot aborts, hot triggers-cold aborts, exercise makes ya gain weight...i can't take it I tell ya!

Love
den
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss