Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « similar out their »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   similar out their
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: similar out their  (Read 448 times)
drap
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

similar out their
« on: Feb 12th, 2004, 7:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Angryi think i might be at the end i mean i pray i'm at the end of my episodes i've been completely wrong before but the break would be nice.to get some sleep you guys are right about rem sleep wake up clusters  they are the worst. l use topamax 3x aday 150mg total it was working up until 3 weeks ago then the beast hit .the doc put me on prednisone not working as good as last year i guess it's the nature of the beast. my clusters started with a root canel , plane ride out west for my son's wedding , my very first cluster 6 years ago , mri  3 different nero doc's and here i am . i going back to my doc today and say help or good bye and move on to someone else i'm 61 years old life is to short i need to get some relief and my life back. if anybody needs to talk or anything i'm here 24/7  .  drap---steve   GO WINGS
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: similar out their
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:37am »

Hello Steve
To help with the REM sleep wake-ups you might try Dramimine before bed. It helps by not letting you get into the REM mode.
Also sleeping in the La-Z-Boy or at least with your head elevated seems to help many people. Won't stop the attack but may help lessen it.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 10:11am »

Steve,

My hits also came in the middle of the night.

I totally agree with BobG.....about the sleeping in a reclined position.  I propped pillows on the sofa and slept like that for almost 4 weeks.  It helps alot.  I had a real fear of lying flat in the bed.  Not sure why it helps....but could be because I didn't sleep as sound (REM???)  when I was basically vertical.

Hope you find yourself a good doc and get some relief.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 7:37pm »

Welcome to heaven in the midst of hell!

Big Hugs....Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
caatfish
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:18pm »

Hello, new memeber and WINGS FAN.  I dont know where to start....I became ill Dec. 2003 and never having a head ache before i was like ok this will pass.
Things got worst.  I was in the bathroom every other morning for hours ralphing, because the pain behind my left eye was causing nausia.   Went to emergentcy room dec. 24, 2003 to get a cat scan....thought for sure i had tumor or something.....nothing.    Went back to work Jan 5th...10am that day my left arm was going numb, i felt my whole left side slowly start to numb...they called ambulance...rushed to hospital.   All the test showed nothing....good heart, mri, blood test....nothing.   Now after 30 hours of observing me , female Indian doctor says ...middle aged man possible cluster headaches...now i am here.   I never heard of them!
I sure suffered for 5 weeks off and on.   I need to learn to live with them if thats what i really got?  I guess from what i know.....i am in remission?   thanks Glenn May
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Glenn

It may well be worth doing some research yourself into different types of headaches before accepting the CH diagnosis as the numbness and nausea you are experiencing is more usual with other types of headaches than CH (though a few people here do get some tingling/numbness amd nausea)
an example is BAM (Basilar arterial migraine) and there are others such as hemiplegic migraine.
The main reason for my suggestion, is that not only is CH harder to treat than many of the other headache syndromes, but even more importantly, if it is BAM, you must not take Triptans as they could be very dangerous.

Have a good read around the site and the links on the left and ask away again if you aren't sure about anything

Wendy
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:40pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Steve I pray its the end. I got my fingers crossed for ya.  
IP Logged
drap
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 6:28am »

thanks Elaine for your prays back to you also. went to the doc's thursday she put back on prednisone and some new stuff that i'll find out about tonight . i'm still having 3 bouts the same every day 3pm 1230 am  , 230 am just like clock work . anybody else have this happen to them?  GO RED WINGS DRAP ----STEVE
IP Logged
miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 4:39pm »

Hi Drap,

I hope it's the end of the cycle for you and that the next break is extremely long!  As for getting hit at precise time during the day, I know a lot of us have experienced it often.  There were cycles where I didn't need a watch anymore!

As for the Red Wings, you guys might be in trouble with those goalie injuries... Best of luck with that!

Hopefully, the Habs will get to see you guys in the playoffs (Hey, It's all right  to dream...)

miCHel
IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss