Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member...sounds familar »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New member...sounds familar
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member...sounds familar  (Read 340 times)
caatfish
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New member...sounds familar
« on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I still am not sure i suffer from this dreadful painful CH ...but the posts i read sound familar.  Dec 10, 2003 i become ill with pain behind left eye and back aournd ear.   I go to emergency room to get cat scan dec. 24 as i fear a tumor...cleared.     I am hugging the toliet almost every other day as pain cause me to be nausiated.   Headaches last 2 hour , give or take.  Turn for the worst was Jan. 5th 2004.  I go back to work and at 10am my left arm and hand go numb....then my left side of head down start to go numb....i am rushed by ambulance to hospital.   30 hours later and many tests, female Indian doctor explains to me that it could be cluster headaches.....all tests clear and nothing else could explain my pain and suffering.   Now its been 6 weeks since, I feel great.   But i am very depressed to learn that this pain my again revisit my life.   Glenn May  

IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

Re: New member...sounds familar
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Glenn  

It may well be worth doing some research yourself into different types of headaches before accepting the CH diagnosis as the numbness and nausea you are experiencing is more usual with other types of headaches than CH (though a few people here do get some tingling/numbness amd nausea)  
an example is BAM (Basilar arterial migraine) and there are others such as hemiplegic migraine.  
The main reason for my suggestion, is that not only is CH harder to treat than many of the other headache syndromes, but even more importantly, if it is BAM, you must not take Triptans as they could be very dangerous.  

Have a good read around the site and the links on the left and ask away again if you aren't sure about anything  

Wendy
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:10pm »

I am not a doctor but with the signs you are talking about I think I would ask they look some more even get another doctor, second opinions are worth a lot these days.
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:42pm »

I too have had a HA so incredibly bad that made my arm, hand and mouth go completely numb - but i wasn't in cycle and the only that made it similar was the amount of time it lasted.  I would definitely seek a second opinion, many of us here have done that.  

CH is a terrible "disease" to have, but this is the greatest place in the world for support and friendship.

Paige
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:50pm »

on Feb 12th, 2004, 8:39pm, caatfish wrote:
I go back to work and at 10am my left arm and hand go numb

Not trying to scare you, but MS attacks sound similar to this and they do cause some nasty HAs as well as nausea in some.  Additionally, I believe it is normally detected through a spinal tap.  There are other neurological disorder possibilities as well.

Hoping it's not that or CH though.  The numbness is not CH, and the nausea isn't a "typical" CH symptom although some do experience it.  I would definately get a 2nd...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 10:53pm »

Hi Glenn,

I was a little troubled by the arm thing just as Chris, MS came to mind for me too, however we are not DR.'s and have no idea what is really wrong with you specifically.

I would definately seek more testing at a Major Medical Facility. Something could be seriously wrong and hopefully correctable if found by a proffessional. Look into it more seriously and let us know how you make out, there's always someone home here if you need us.

PFDAN to all.

Sean
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 11:00pm »

Chris,

I would second the opinion of a second opinion. Grin  A couple of times I have had HAs that cause numbness on one side, and one time I was taken to the Dr thinking I had a stroke.  I would stress that they happen only rarely, and I would have them checked out EACH time to be sure.  My Dr told me that in rare occasions CH can mimic a stroke, but it is not something to leave unchecked.

Welcome aboard.  Hope you can find your answers here.  At least we are good for a chuckle now and then, and you will find no where a group of people that arre more caring and giving of themselves.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss