Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 10:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new girl and christian »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new girl and christian
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new girl and christian  (Read 1126 times)
genss
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

new girl and christian
« on: Mar 8th, 2004, 12:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been to this website a whole lot but never posted anything because I was a little startled by many of the postings.  It seems like a lot of people on this message board are party animals and drinkers and smokers.  I used to be a party girl.  I did it all and probably more, but now I try to live a clean lifestyle.  So I felt like on one side I couldn't really relate to a lot of the people on here.  That is why I hesitated to post anything.  Plus some of you DO sound really mean.  Even now I am afraid someone will post something hateful.  

But I am desperate to find some answers.  So I am trying to find all things we have in common.  I am 25 years old and female.  Married no kids, 3 dogs.  Any other christians on here?  

After viewing all the pics and posts on here I wonder if the partying I did when I was younger may have contributed.  Most people start to smoke, drink, do drugs etc. right after puberty, which the earliest the CH start right?  I wonder if it does permenant damage, even if you stop it all years later.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: new girl and christian
« Reply #1 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 12:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Some young children get ch too.  Yes there are Christians on this board.  Welcome.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 1:20pm »

Welcome genss

There are many Christians here, as well as many other religions.

Please be assured, and anyone else reading this, YOU DID NOT CAUSE YOUR CH WITH ANY BEHAVIOUR OR ANYTHING YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE DONE IN YOUR PAST!

The evidence strongly suggests that a genetic predisposition and the physical fact of having an enlarged hypothalamus is what creates the potential for us all being clusterheads.

I admire anyone who has the strength of character to avoid the vices I enjoy, but I don't think they will have less cluster attacks than me as a result!

Wendy

P.S, and Thomas is right, CH has been reported starting as young as 1 year old and as old as 93!
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2004, 1:21pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 1:27pm »

Hi Genss and welcome.

You'll probably find there are several people here that have some things in common with you and several people that don't.  Please don't feel that something you did in the past is responsible for your current situation regarding cluster headaches.  I have never puffed a cigarette (and I only occasionally drink) and yet I'm here.  It's this way with many diseases... they just happen and can't be prevented.  Also, if such behaviors did cause cluster headaches, then there would be alot more clusterheads around.  Stick around and ask questions.

Also, don't be swayed by the images on this board.  Sure lots of people here have a great time and post pictures.  Most of the times the pictures are gregarious gatherings... you won't find too many pictures of clusterheads reading books (but I'm sure many do).  It just doesn't make for good pictures, LOL.  As with any message board, it is usually the most out-going people posting the most messages... it's just human nature.    You are not alone.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 1:46pm »

on Mar 8th, 2004, 12:04pm, genss wrote:
It seems like a lot of people on this message board are party animals and drinkers and smokers.  First, welcome to the board. By percentages the number of smokers here seem to be higher than in the general population. That is neither good nor bad. It is a lifestyle choice. Drinking is also a lifestyle choice. By percentages I don't think there are any more drinkers here than in the general population.

I used to be a party girl.  I did it all and probably more, but now I try to live a clean lifestyle.  A very wise choice. I'm proud of you.

So I felt like on one side I couldn't really relate to a lot of the people on here.  Anyone that has clusterheadaches can relate here. This is a clusterheadache site and not a lifestyle site.

Plus some of you DO sound really mean.  Even now I am afraid someone will post something hateful. Please don't be fooled by the gruff exterior of some people here. Yes there is some fighting, bickering, whinning and nasty words exchanged but when it comes down to fighting the demon we're all on the same side.

Any other christians on here?  Yes

After viewing all the pics and posts on here I wonder if the partying I did when I was younger may have contributed.  Contributed to your clusters? Nope

Most people start to smoke, drink, do drugs etc. right after puberty, which the earliest the CH start right?  Right. But some start earlier and some start much later.

I wonder if it does permenant damage, even if you stop it all years later.
Without a doubt.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #5 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 2:08pm »

Yeah, all these insane lunatics scare me too.  I think I'm the only normal one here!   But don't worry, you'll get over it.

There are a lot of Christians here, I'm one of them.  Our different lifestyles don't matter.  We are a family that all share the same pain.   And despite all the differences, several people have jumped up to help me time after time....whenever I have reached out.

Stick around, you'll learn a lot!  Probably more than you will ever learn from a neurologist!

Everybody's here to help (except the snakeoil salesmen... Grin).

Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
thomas

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 2:28pm »

on Mar 8th, 2004, 2:08pm, 9erfan wrote:

Everybody's here to help (except the snakeoil salesmen... Grin).

Yeah, and you can thank all of our "mean" people for keeping them away. Grin
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 6:03pm »

Hiya Genss,

It seems like a lot of people on this message board are party animals and drinkers and smokers. Used to smoke and drink, never did drugs but probably got high a few times because I was around people who were.  Stopped smoking over 7 years before my first CH started.  I used to drink pretty regulary again in college, but only drink maybe once a week to once a month befire this started and now drink even less as it seems to trigger a HA 50% of the time

So I felt like on one side I couldn't really relate to a lot of the people on here.  That is why I hesitated to post anything.  Plus some of you DO sound really mean.  Even now I am afraid someone will post something hateful. We are a family. The good and the bad that comes with that, but like BobG said, we are all here to help and no one is here to hurt anyone.  There have been times that I have been taken back by the responses that I have seen, but when you real between the line, sometimes it is just what that person needs to hear to get them back on thier feet.  

But I am desperate to find some answers.  So I am trying to find all things we have in common.  I am 25 years old and female.  Married no kids, 3 dogs.  Any other christians on here?  Hiya. I am 32 married with 2 kids and a cat.  (My rottie got out and hit by a car and we had to put her down.)  I grew up Christian, but am not practising anymore.  

After viewing all the pics and posts on here I wonder if the partying I did when I was younger may have contributed.Many of us have questioned what caused this. I still do.  I times I have asked if there is something that I have done in a past life that I am being paid back for. But I figure that there is something I am learning from this and that the HA's are making me a stronger person.  They have also brought some wonderful people into my life that I would have never met if I had not come to CH.com.  So while I cant say that they are a blessing, I am truly blessed to have found a place that can understand the good and the bad.  The tears and the screams.

Hope that you will stick around.  Take what you hear with a grain of salt and know that we are all here to support and bounce ideas off each other.

PF Wishes to you,
Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #8 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 6:34pm »

There are a lot of people here who are female, married, no kids, in their 20's, have pets, and/or are Christian.  A lot of people here really aren't any of those things, but the one thing everyone here has in common is that they have (or someone important to them has) CH.  The other things aren't that important.

I bet nobody will mind if you are Christian as long as you don't mind if they aren't.  The fact that you are Christian shouldn't bother other Christians so you should be okay in that case, too.  

Of course drinking, smoking, and other drugs do cause permanent damage but you wouldn't want to have gone through your life without any pleasure.  (At least when you're young your body can handle it better than it can after forty.)  Sorry that you can't blame your CH on partying or something else you did or do as that would make it easier to bear, maybe, but it's just inflicted on us.  It sucks and it's not fair.  No one DESERVES this.

If you are going to have kids you might consider doing it while you're relatively young as well--pregnancy is VERY hard on your body, worse even than moderate partying.  

No doubt there are some people here who can be mean when it is called for but I don't think anyone here is what you would call a "mean person".  I do seem to remember having been accused of that once or twice, so I might be wrong.

Welcome aboard!

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2004, 6:35pm by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #9 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 7:51pm »

Yes, the one part-time supporter I still have is of the belief that most assuredly my lifestyle must have caused CH.  There is no way anyone can walk away normal or without repercussions from my previous lifestyle.  But that is simply her belief.  No relation of any truth.
  Sure, I orbited Saturn about 27 years, but since have landed with my feet on the ground here on Earth and now love every minute of it.  And I've been on my knees a few times when needed, but not that much a practicing Christian.  I feel I shouldn't bother Him with my petty problems now and He can attend to those with more need.  I know I can go to Him anytime.
  Anyway, there are a wide variety of emotions which are expressed.  We stay together though, as BobG put it well, we are all on the same side when it comes to clusters.  As long as you are here for that, there is plenty you have something in common with.  Like Steve (eyes_affire) says we love seeing quirky pictures, but you will also see many, many very friendly pictures.  Not too many cameras are flashing when the crying goes on.  Love and empathy type crying, and it's contagious.
  Please feel free to comunicate here any feelings or concerns regarding CH or the affect it may have on your life.  The responses will let you know what is really inside our hearts.
  There is a wide variety of people here, and some of the most fun-loving people anywhere.  CH knows no boundaries, we stay very integrated, and all the different opinions and angles of looking at things are required to help cope.  The variety is welcome, because again, as BobG said, we are all on the same side.  That gets us through.
  We do lots of suffering and welcome any sufferer, hope we can help.  Welcome.

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2004, 7:54pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 8:43pm »

Dear Genss--

Welcome!

That's incredibly odd.....I was just praying today that I would be able to connect with another cluster headache sufferer who was a Christian (no joke!).   I also am (recently) married, I am female, I'm 32, I was a BIG TIME party girl, and I have 3 land hermit crabs (and one fish that we inherited).  I've begged my husband for a dog for months now.

I learned about the Lord when I was taking a Chronic Pain Management Class in July of 2001.  On our "Life Stories" day one woman got up, gave us a short overview of her history with pain but most of her time was spent talking about her Lord and Savior.  This big light bulb went off over my head and I said to myself, "This is what I have been missing all of my life." In October, 2002 I was baptised and in May 2003 I was married.

For almost a year I stopped coming to this website because I was really offended at some of the things that were posted but then I came back because I was desperately in need of connecting with other clusterheads. Plus there are so few clusterheads and so many websites focus on tension and migraines.  

Honestly, the chances of people here changing their language in order to not offend your Christian principles is slim to none.  You get exactly what you see---people from all over the world, un/married/divorced/civil unionized (I had to add that one because I'm from Vermont), Christian/Jew/Muslim/pagan, gay/lesbian/straight, Rep, Dem, dog lovers and cat lovers, etc....who all have ONE thing in common:
    CLUSTER HEADACHES  

The whole world is not Christian...there are offensive images and words on TV, radio, in schools, on college campuses, magazines, neighborhood meetings, etc.  Jesus warns us of this.  We live in a fallen world.  But He commands us to pray for people and to witness to people and to be an example to others.  I admire your courage in saying that you are a Christian, but here is your chance to live your faith out. You don't have to use nasty words or post explicit images. You are also free to post or not to post.  And finally, free to use this website or find another one. (BTW I've serfed the entire WWW and this site is one of the best and unparalleled in terms of the support and info that you will receive.)

I think you'll find (if you look closely) that many of the people on this board no longer drink and use drugs because they know it makes their cluster headaches worse (I'm one of those people.) But there are some who continue to drink and smoke and that's their right.  

You may have seen some people posting messages regarding magic mushrooms or marijuana (is that what makes you say that some posters are "party animals"?"Wink----there is strong evidence to support the fact magic mushrooms DO help SOME clusterheads in SOME situations and that MAY marijuana lessen the effects of nausea and pain.  But, yes, our gov't has labeled these drugs "illegal". What "medication" is right for one person is not right for another. There are also people here who use oxygen, Imitrex, prednisone, veraprimil, Topamax, Lithium, narcotics, etc etc or nothing at all.

I've said mean things especially when I'm in pain, frustrated, tired or taking medications that have bad side effects.  Christians aren't perfect.

So what's your story:  How long have you had cluster headaches, what helps, are you taking any meds, etc.??????

I'm so glad that you posted. I know this post was long but I hope it helped. Welcome again!          
           Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 1:10am »

Hi Genss,

Welcome to the world of CH.

Do you have CH?  What meds do you take?  Have you seen a neuro?  Have you read the links to the left?  Did you take the cluster quiz?

Personal lifestyles, in my opinion, should not be an issue here.  I am here because I have CH.  Most of the others here on the board suffer with CH as well.  Some are supporters.  

If you come across a post that is offensive to you....please feel free to pass it up and move on to another.  

The common link here is CH.  We all have different personalities, as I am sure you have noticed.  We all handle the pain in different ways.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.......it's the best in the World for support, information and making new friends.

PF vibes,

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 9:52am »

on Mar 8th, 2004, 12:04pm, genss wrote:
But I am desperate to find some answers.  So I am trying to find all things we have in common.  I am 25 years old and female.  Married no kids, 3 dogs.  Any other christians on here?  

31, married, 4 kids, one dog...

Started smoking after I got CH.  I abstain from alcohol for the most part.  Never did drugs.  Non-practicing Roman Catholic.  Damn, I'm boring!   Grin

You are desperate to find some answers...  What are the questions?  I am certain the question about christianity is not the only one.

Welcome aboard!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
genss
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 3:36pm »

I just want some answers as to the causes of CH.  I am on predinsone right now.  It is my third scrip. this episode.   I hope they don't come back again for at least another year.  I have had them since after high school.  I have only tried prednisone, imitrex, and flonase.  Prednisone and imitrex helped once before.  The imitrex takes an hour to work though.  I haven't seen a neuro yet.  The wait here in dayton is like 6 months and by the time I can get in, my CH are gone and it's $90 a visit.  

It sounds like everyone comes to this website more for support, which is great, I need that too, but more importantly I want to find a cure!  Most of you sound kind of resigned to CH.  I don't want to live like this or be resigned to it.  I want life to be normal all the time, not just when I don't have CH.

I wonder if pets can be triggers.  Or maybe secondhand smoke as well.  Or maybe something our mothers did when they were pregnant.

I think the things we have in common ARE important.  The more we know about each other the better we will be able to find a connection. There is one you know. Even if it is just genetically predispositioned.  We just have to find it.  I don't just want to say, it sucks its not fair and live with it.  I want to do something about it.

If it is caused by an enlarged hypothalamus, isn't there a surgery or meds that can shrink it?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 3:53pm »

on Mar 9th, 2004, 3:36pm, genss wrote:

If it is caused by an enlarged hypothalamus, isn't there a surgery or meds that can shrink it?    

Not necessarily enlarged, but defective.  It is in the middle of the brain it controls life functions.  Not too easy to get to.  Not sure if you even can without dying.
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 5:18pm »

It sounds like everyone comes to this website more for support, which is great, I need that too, but more importantly I want to find a cure! I don't just want to say, it sucks its not fair and live with it.  I want to do something about it. Then join OUCH and help us work towards a cure

Most of you sound kind of resigned to CH.  I don't want to live like this or be resigned to it.  I want life to be normal all the time, not just when I don't have CH.Non of us are resigned to it. But there are some of us who are chronic and we dont have a time without CH. So if what you say is true then my life is not normal and has not been normal for 8 months when these damnable things started.  So in a way I do have to resign myself to fighting the beast.  I have to resign myself to enjoying every second that I am not in pain because I refuse to let him win.  I will not curl up in a ball and wiat for it to go away because it wont. So I deal with it. And yes it suck, but a lot in this life sucks and we can either piss about it or support each other and meet each day with a determination that we will beat it another day.

I wonder if pets can be triggers.  Or maybe secondhand smoke as well.  Or maybe something our mothers did when they were pregnant.I think the things we have in common ARE important.  The more we know about each other the better we will be able to find a connection. There is one you know. Even if it is just genetically predispositioned.  We just have to find it.  Search the achives. There have been a lot of polls to try and figure out what we do all have in common. There are others, like BUBU who also wants to comprise an all-encompassing questionair to try and answer those questions. Find other of a like mind and hash it out.

If it is caused by an enlarged hypothalamus, isn't there a surgery or meds that can shrink it?  I think Thomas is right, it is not like they can go in there with an ice cream scoop and just get rid of it. There are many of us who have tried different surgical proceedures to try and either assist with the pain or get rid of them all together. Again, search the archieves for surgerys and see what you find.  

You have a zealotsness that is refreshing. There is a lot that you can do, if you want to find the time to do it. Maybe start a Chapter of OUCH or something else that will use that for everyone advantage.  A fresh prepective is always welcome.  

PF Wishes to you.
Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Janice

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 6:31pm »

I, too, am a born-again Christian with some of the same feelings you have about some of the language on this site.  But then I met a few of these folks and found out, Christian or non-Christian, we have a common bond....a demon right out of the pits of hell!  I have been a CH'er for many years now and I know the pain you are going through.  Many nights I call out for Jesus to heal me, but also knowing He is allowing this horrible thing in my life for some purpose (I don't understand it, but I accept it).  I will be glad to talk with you, pray with you, etc. if you would like to contact me personally.  You can email me at jmw4jesus@triad.rr.com.  Would love to hear from you.  God bless and remember....Jesus does love you.
Janice
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 7:46pm »

Genss,

I am sorry, cure?

If there was one we knew of, we would not keep it from you.  Being we live and survive though in spite of this attests to our adherence to what perhaps may be a moral imperative to not waste or destroy life.
  This site is our beacon through the storm.  Without a cure, which, yes, at this time we are resigned to, we fight the hardest we can here to live life in spite of.  There is life though, which we all wish to keep pursuing, and keep as best in quality as we can make it, all the while being beset with clusters.  Join our pursuit if you wish, your addition can only add life to some here and possibly to yourself.

We're here for the cluster in your life.

Kevin M
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 7:57pm »

Non of us are resigned to it. But there are some of us who are chronic and we dont have a time without CH. So if what you say is true then my life is not normal and has not been normal for 8 months when these damnable things started.  So in a way I do have to resign myself to fighting the beast.  I have to resign myself to enjoying every second that I am not in pain because I refuse to let him win.  I will not curl up in a ball and wiat for it to go away because it wont. So I deal with it. And yes it suck, but a lot in this life sucks and we can either piss about it or support each other and meet each day with a determination that we will beat it another day.

Touche' Tia!!!!!!

........................................jonny
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 1:11am »

It sounds like everyone comes to this website more for support, which is great, I need that too, but more importantly I want to find a cure!  Most of you sound kind of resigned to CH.  I don't want to live like this or be resigned to it.  I want life to be normal all the time, not just when I don't have CH.   

Guess I look at it like this.........Kinda like a card game...Ch is the hand we were dealt.......now, we can play that hand.......or......we can fold.

I choose to ante up and play the hand.  

I dunno.......there's a reason for everything.  My theory is....maybe this happened cause someone needed us here on this board.  There's no way we could give this support and all this love without suffering from CH.  As the saying goes.."everyone needs someone".  I do not question the "whys " and the "why me's" anymore.  Lots of time is spent  questioning.  That is valuable time that can be spent helping someone with CH who is having a bad day, or just time spent talking them thru any type of crisis.

I want a cure as much as the rest of my clusterbuddies do.  But until that cure is found.....I prefer to make the best of the hand I was dealt.  I will support whether I am suffering or PF.   These folks came to my rescue when I was at the end of the rope.  

You really should consider meeting another Ch'er. We have meet and greets on a regular basis.  There's nothing in this World that can ever equal the pleasure of being in the presence of another who suffers from CH.  

Good luck to you......

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 7:14am »

Genss

I don't think what my Mum did while I was in the womb is the problem, because the genetic predisposition theory looks very compelling.

But it could be her Genes!

Wendy
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2004, 6:21pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 5:23pm »

Welcome aboard Gens:

Here you'll find a group of people who have in common experiencing the worst pain known to man, as CH has been often described. You'll also find a lot of Christians too....some more serious about it than others. No one here, I think, is recruiting members for the dark legions of Satan, however. Having to deal with this horror takes up a lot of time and tries ones patience. We're a pretty decent bunch and considering what the beast has done to many, it's a wonder why we aren't all wearing orange jumpsuits.

You won't find from us simple answers for CH. There are none. You will find some good ideas for dealing with it and lots of support. You'll also find some posts by me and others that reflect the real world. I can tell you that you'll see more posts and photos of children and pets than anything else. I do think the posts here are almost always informative and useful. We are good watchdogs and know how to spot  nonsense and quackery. We don't mince words, especially when it comes to snake oil salesmen and crackpots.

Pets as triggers? Yikes. Never have I seen a board so full of pet lovers. So far we've found very few triggers. MSG is the only one I can remember mentioned as a serious one. Drinking is often a nono but it was never a trigger for me, nor was I ever much of a drinker. Smoking is another matter but there isn't enough evidence for it being a trigger. I quit 11 years before my CH ended...13 years ago.  There is hope for everyone.

Good luck and let us know how you're getting along.

Charlie, with his pure precious bodily fluids.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #22 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 6:11pm »

more importantly I want to find a cure!  Most of you sound kind of resigned to CH.  I don't want to live like this or be resigned to it.  

There are two things you can do if you're not a research scientist:

Find a treatment that works for you.
Join OUCH so that we can gain recognition and get research done so that a good treatment or cure can be found.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
DJ
CH.com Administrator
USA 

Got Sleep?

« Reply #23 on: Mar 12th, 2004, 12:34am »

on Mar 8th, 2004, 8:43pm, Samantha_Smith wrote:
Dear Genss--

Welcome!

That's incredibly odd.....I was just praying today that I would be able to connect with another cluster headache sufferer who was a Christian (no joke!).   I also am (recently) married, I am female, I'm 32, I was a BIG TIME party girl, and I have 3 land hermit crabs (and one fish that we inherited).  I've begged my husband for a dog for months now.

I learned about the Lord when I was taking a Chronic Pain Management Class in July of 2001.  On our "Life Stories" day one woman got up, gave us a short overview of her history with pain but most of her time was spent talking about her Lord and Savior.  This big light bulb went off over my head and I said to myself, "This is what I have been missing all of my life." In October, 2002 I was baptised and in May 2003 I was married.

For almost a year I stopped coming to this website because I was really offended at some of the things that were posted but then I came back because I was desperately in need of connecting with other clusterheads. Plus there are so few clusterheads and so many websites focus on tension and migraines.  

Honestly, the chances of people here changing their language in order to not offend your Christian principles is slim to none.  You get exactly what you see---people from all over the world, un/married/divorced/civil unionized (I had to add that one because I'm from Vermont), Christian/Jew/Muslim/pagan, gay/lesbian/straight, Rep, Dem, dog lovers and cat lovers, etc....who all have ONE thing in common:
                        CLUSTER HEADACHES  

The whole world is not Christian...there are offensive images and words on TV, radio, in schools, on college campuses, magazines, neighborhood meetings, etc.  Jesus warns us of this.  We live in a fallen world.  But He commands us to pray for people and to witness to people and to be an example to others.  I admire your courage in saying that you are a Christian, but here is your chance to live your faith out. You don't have to use nasty words or post explicit images. You are also free to post or not to post.  And finally, free to use this website or find another one. (BTW I've serfed the entire WWW and this site is one of the best and unparalleled in terms of the support and info that you will receive.)

I think you'll find (if you look closely) that many of the people on this board no longer drink and use drugs because they know it makes their cluster headaches worse (I'm one of those people.) But there are some who continue to drink and smoke and that's their right.  

You may have seen some people posting messages regarding magic mushrooms or marijuana (is that what makes you say that some posters are "party animals"?"Wink----there is strong evidence to support the fact magic mushrooms DO help SOME clusterheads in SOME situations and that MAY marijuana lessen the effects of nausea and pain.  But, yes, our gov't has labeled these drugs "illegal". What "medication" is right for one person is not right for another. There are also people here who use oxygen, Imitrex, prednisone, veraprimil, Topamax, Lithium, narcotics, etc etc or nothing at all.

I've said mean things especially when I'm in pain, frustrated, tired or taking medications that have bad side effects.  Christians aren't perfect.

So what's your story:  How long have you had cluster headaches, what helps, are you taking any meds, etc.??????

I'm so glad that you posted. I know this post was long but I hope it helped. Welcome again!                                        
                                         Samantha

Absolutely perfectly put Samantha, Thank you!

Your words are exactly the reason I've said from day one... this isn't my website, it's OUR website!

bow
IP Logged

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present)

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
spliff_richard
New Board Newbie
Finland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 4:22am »

good for you.
unfortunately this site is for all of us.
I've worked with children, autistic people, rockers, rollers, luggage, businessmen/women...
I've even done missionary work in Africa.
I have inhaled all kinds of fumes and prefer a couple of lagers before going to sleep.
Lord taught me to be openminded.
I'm just trying to discuss this headachething I've been having.
Try to cope with us.
We come in all shapes
love  
spliff
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss