Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Member, same old pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Member, same old pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Member, same old pain  (Read 329 times)
Paul W
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New Member, same old pain
« on: Mar 10th, 2004, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have had Clusters since I was 18 yrs. old. Now am 58! Years ago they had no clue as to what they were. Docs used to tell me I had sinus trouble. Finally diagnosed properly in 1986. My bouts come and go. Usually last for a few months up to a year, then gone sometimes for a couple or three years. Just started another one about a week ago. (No more beer for a while I guess) When I read some of your messages I just cry. I know what you all are going through. I have found some things do help a little from time to time but never have found much to write home about. Nice to know that I'm not alone in this hell though.[/color][color=Black] Huh
IP Logged
tnpruby
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: New Member, same old pain
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 8:56am »

Well Paul , you are not alone , not here, I am also going through a series and I just hate this, it helps to communicate with the others here, we understand , typing away helps sometimes so feel free. Hang in there. When at the end of your rope tie a knot and swing....Toni
IP Logged
Mr.YL
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 9:52am »

Hi Paul sorry to hear the beast made his way back to you again. If the Dr. had once thought you had sinus problems their may be a connection their, I do not know for certain though in your case. Along time ago they once thought that clusters was the cause of uncontrollable relaease of histimine in the brain,(the stuff that makes yer nose plugged, eyes water and such). For most of us we are all a little different, but very much the same, as is our pain we suffer.  Have you
ever been to an allergist?
Have you ever tried a nasel antihistamine? I was in a very bad cycle once, the Dr. told me the theory about the release of histamine in the brain and got me out of the office after prescribing me a very expensive med at the time(Verapimil) I went to get it filled but found that at the time it was more than I could afford. So I got to thinkin about what the Dr. had said about histimines. I tried my luck and bought some generic nasel spray for a couple of bucks. To my amasement after 2 shots up the nose, soon my pain was gone and the cycle was broke. I still keep nasel spray on my list of artillary to fire at the beast, over the years it is not always effective but from time to time it has helped, though once even made it worse.  I am now in the hands of a very good allergist along with an excellent neuro. When I use my team,(allergist, family Dr, Psychologist, council, and physical theripist, friends and CH.con. ) I am finding it makes life much better for me and worse for the beast. Did I mention I also use alot of prayer... ? Wishing you PFDAN
keep your chin up and hang on it will pass.
Mr.YL
IP Logged

keep livin clean...
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 3:39pm »

As troublesome as clusters are, compared to 35-years ago when they first hit me, they are so many new meds to treat them and so much important research going on that we can only be pleased!

If you need specific kinds of help/information, please let us know.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11th, 2004, 4:28pm »

Hello Paul,
Welcome to the board. Noticed you're from Chattanooga. The next OUCH Convention is close to your home in Nashville. Go over to the General Posts section and look at the first string. Make an attempt to attend. You won't regret it.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss