Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi.  I'm a new sufferer... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi.  I'm a new sufferer...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi.  I'm a new sufferer...  (Read 403 times)
Hurtinagain
New Board Newbie
USA 

As long as I can laugh, I can live!

Hi.  I'm a new sufferer...
« on: Mar 17th, 2004, 5:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sad  Hello everyone,

I'm very happy to have found this sight.  I was diagnosed with cluster headaches about a month ago.  I'm still in the early stages of my cycle (having severe 'aches at night) and am dreading what is to come.  My father has suffered clusters for three years now, so I know what to expect.  I think that makes things harder, knowing what is to come and that you can do nothing to avoid it.  Anyway, I was very happy to find this sight and know that there are people out there that I, and now my father, can discuss the problems of this illness with.  I look forward to talking with everyone and finding new methods to help deal with the pain.  Thanks in advance!!

Jeremy
IP Logged

Live, laugh, love, cry, then laugh again!
Melissa

Email

Re: Hi.  I'm a new sufferer...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Jeremy and welcome to the family!  I'm very sorry you have clusters, but this is the best place to be for support!  If you haven't done so already, please check out the OUCH site here: http://www.clusterheadaches.org to read up on medications, treatments and more.  I hope you can find something that works for you to have pain free time soon!

Take care!
Smileymel
IP Logged
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 8:19pm »

Welcome aboard Jeremy and your father

Your not alone Wink
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
Mr.YL
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 9:28pm »

Jeremy
Read, read,and read some more. This Place is full of information. Sorry to hear the affliction brought you here. You will find that  (YES) you can do something about your affliction. Knowledge=Pwer over the beast.
Keep fighting and educate yourself on how best to deal with it. Gee I have not been here to long, and found that it makes a difference just knowing that their are people that care. Check out the left and follow Mels link.
Grab an oar, Mr.YL Smiley
IP Logged

keep livin clean...
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 11:04pm »

Welcome Jeremy. Like you, my father had clusters. He went through over 25 years as a chronic before they finally disappeared some 15 years ago. Mine started several years after my dad's ended.

Not that there's anything good about this disease, but having a family member with them gave us the advantage of knowing what was hitting us when it was our turn. I am sure this saved possibly countless years trying to find out what was happening in your head.

Had I not been armed with the advance knowledge of what clusters were, I don't know. I can't imagine how so many of you have suffered needlessly because of the lack of knowledge in the medical community of this disorder. How in the world is the average person supposed to know they are being hit with this monster? And it's certainly obvious the average doctor doesn't know.

I'm certainly sorry my father had to suffer so much with these. I am also indebted to him for sharing his suffering with the family so that we all knew as much about it as he did. That knowledge, like all knowledge, has been invaluable to me.

I am so sorry you and your dad have to go through this. Good luck finding what you both are seeking. Real help.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2004, 10:04pm »

on Mar 17th, 2004, 9:28pm, Mr.YL wrote:
Read, read,and read some more

This is the best advice you will receive here, you cannot read to much...read everything you can, print it out and take it to your doctor.

Have you tried O2?  It truly is a beatiful thing and helps a lot of us.  Don't leave home without it!

Sorry you had to find us but were glad you did.

Grab an oar and help us row.
IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Hurtinagain
New Board Newbie
USA 

As long as I can laugh, I can live!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 10:37am »

Thank you everyone for your kindness.  I'll happily man an oar!  I have read quite a bit on this site that has already helped.  I do have a ready supply of oxygen (thanks to a family member in the healthcare business) and it has helped some.  Also, as FZFan stated, having my father going through the same thing has helped immensely.  We can discuss the problems we are having and the types of medication that work and don't work.  I have an appointment with a neurologist a month from now.  Dad has already been to one, but I have a different doctor so he is also going along and maybe we'll learn something new.  Thank you everyone for your support and I look forward to talking with everyone.
IP Logged

Live, laugh, love, cry, then laugh again!
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 6:21pm »

Just wanted to welcome you to the group Jeremy!

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 6:57pm »

Welcome Newsufferer,

I hope this board will help you as much as me for the past year.  PF to ya!

John
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 2:35am »

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to Clusterville!

So sorry that you and your Dad suffer.  

Sure hope things improve for you.  

Lots of great folks here.....and the best support in the World!

Stay in touch.......

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss