Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 10:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thank You Fellow ClusterPeople »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thank You Fellow ClusterPeople
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thank You Fellow ClusterPeople  (Read 273 times)
christinenscott
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Thank You Fellow ClusterPeople
« on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 1:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everybody Out There,

We have received much support from you all, thank you. We - my husband Scott actually - and I - Christine, his wife have been in ClusterHell for about 3 months now.

I refer to us as We because even though I am not the ClusterPerson, I have been along for the ride. I love my husband more than words could ever say. To see him this way is heartbreaking, to say the least. We have four boys, aged 17 to 22 and even when the boys were babies and sick or ten years old with tree-falling injuries or in Jr High with football injuries, and having stayed up countless nights with them, I have never been so worried, tired or searched so hard for information to make things better. This borders on rediculous.  

As support person in this Cluster Hell, I am ready to take any and all advice. We've been to a neuro who put him on Verapamil, three days ago. How long until we know if it is working??????  

Thanks for all of your support. Love you all.

Christine and Scott.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Thank You Fellow ClusterPeople
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 2:12am »

Christine,

I have never taken Verapamil, but lots of sufferers here take it.  Most of them take it in conjunction with another medication.  02 is also good to have.  You might check with your hubby's doc and see about getting a RX for it.

I think most meds have to have time to build up in your system.  Sometimes a few days, maybe a week or so.  Until it's in his system, he very well may continue to have ha's.  Read the meds section, and you'll see alot of posts re Verapamil.  There's also some home remedies that may work for Scott.  Check out the thread on Melatonin.  This has worked miracles for some folks here.
By all means, check out the link on the left about the 02.

I found that sleeping in a reclined position helped me alot.  I propped pillows on the sofa and slept there for a month or so.  If you have a recliner, that will work also.  It seems that sleeping in a reclining position, keeps one out of the REM phase.  The REM phase of sleep is when the beast likes to show up.  

Sorry Scott is suffering....you sound like a very dedicated supporter.  I sincerely hope that things get better for him.    

You might also like to go to the supporter's section (if you haven't already done so) and read the posts written by other supporters.  It may give you a better insight of how to deal with CH.  

Stay with us......we're here to help in any way we can.  Usually someone here 24/7.

PF vibes to Scott....and prayers for strength for you.

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Christine and Scott

Verapimil can take a while (even weeks) to work or get the dosage level right. Some people need to go right up to the theoretical limit (960mg I think??) before it works, but it is very important that a check is kept every time the dose in increased via an ECG

Meanwhile as Jean says you need to make sure you have an abortive that works for you to take away the pain while you wait for the Verap to kick in e.g. Imigran/02/other Triptan.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Wendy
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:26am by pubgirl » IP Logged
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:50pm »

Hey there Christine and Scott welcome aboard.  Scott is very lucky to have such a dedicated supporter.  My now husband and I have been together for over 8 years with 2 children.  Although he is always there for me at home and has quite often taken me to the hospital when they get out of hand he is not really in to the message board.  I have suggested that he have a read through even the supporters board just to get a feel for it or to see that he too is not alone, can't blame a girl for tryin though.  I commend those who do but I could not imagine fighting this nasty curse alone and for that I love him.

Cheers to the 2 of you and wishin Scott some PF days!

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
dougrwhite
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2004, 1:48pm »

Christine,

It's good that your taking action.  Hopefully the Verapamil will work out, but don't get discouraged if it doesn't.  Just keep trying the different remedies that are mentioned on this site, until you can find one that works.  The strange thing about CHs is there is no single remedy that will provide remission. The remedies can be so different, that they are from oposite ends of the spectrum.

Good luck.

Doug
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss