Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi  (Read 275 times)
Tata

Email

Hi
« on: Mar 24th, 2004, 8:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm new to this board but used to post on the old one. Let's see......I'm 36 and have been having these things since I was 15 or 16. I was initially diagnosed w/migraines, but was correctly diagnosed sometime in my 20's. I've got 3 great kids--12, 10 and 11 months (my April fools baby). I've been on more medicine than I care to remember--none has ever worked. My husband brought his o2 tank in from the garage for me and it's the first thing that has ever stopped a headache in it's tracks. It's not working 100% of the time, but it's better than nothing. My usual clusters used to last for a month or 2 once a year, but this cycle has been dragging on since December and I'm getting scared---I don't want to be chronic. These are so bad--especiallyw/the baby. I asked my Dr. for Zoloft at my appt. Monday and he gave it to me, BUT--I got a really bad HA that night that lasted into last night so now I'm freaked out about taking another one. This is so bad---such a vicious cycle. I am dreading the nights BIG time. That's all for now--time to get the kids in bed.
           Tata
PS I don't know whose post I read about the o2 but thank you
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24th, 2004, 10:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Technically you are a long way from chronic. So don't give yourself anymore worry than need be. I'm going on a year, and I'm not too worried...
Stick to the O2, it's great!
Welcome back and good luck!
Vibes 2U...
IP Logged

Chris
kindness2others
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 1:09am »

Hi Tata,
I'm a newbie here too, though I have been looking at the site since 2002, when my last cluster period ocurred.  This website really helped me get through a lot of the pain, so be sure to check out all the info.

I've shared a similar concern to yours regarding anti-depressants.   I felt that my clusterheadaches were even worse after I started on the Paxil and I was afraid to continue.  I also was feeling dizzy and nauseous, was constipated, and I vomited a few times the first few days.  The good new is that after those first few days, things got better.  When you first start an anti-depressant your body kind of goes "Whoa! What's going on here?"  and it can react in ways that make you think the drug isn't working.  My doc told me to stick with the Paxil, however, and I have to say it was very hard!  After I got through the first week, I felt SO much better! (And I learned to trust my doc!)

Since then, I haven't had a cluster episode, but I have discovered a mountain of other things through many more doctors visits, cognitive therapy, yoga, and a lot of research.  It turns out that many of the symptoms I have experienced, including the painful clusterheadaches, can be traced back to physiological and neurological changes that ocurred to me during my experiences of living and dealing with a mother who suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.

I've been very proactive over the past two years, perhaps because I am determined not to suffer another horrible episode of the Beast.  I'll find out this summer for sure, because it's been two years since my last episode.  Here's to hoping that the Beast has been tamed for now...

Stick to the meds, Tata.  It's hard, I know (especially during the nasty nighttime pains).  The fact that you are seeking a solution proves that you're a fighter!

Take care,
Kindness2others
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 3:12am »

on Mar 25th, 2004, 1:09am, kindness2others wrote:

I've been very proactive over the past two years, perhaps because I am determined not to suffer another horrible episode of the Beast.  I'll find out this summer for sure, because it's been two years since my last episode.  Here's to hoping that the Beast has been tamed for now...

I pray that it doesn't come back for you.  
I've gone 2.5 yrs in between cycles, and was not educated about it. At least you know what to do to get relief if it does.

IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss