Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Migraines, but like this site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Migraines, but like this site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Migraines, but like this site  (Read 411 times)
Bebop
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Migraines, but like this site
« on: Mar 25th, 2004, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi! My name is Bobbie, I'm 40 years old, married with 2 children and I've had migraines since I started having a period at age 12. I've seen family practitioners, ER room physicians and neurologists, and have taken every kind of med imaginable (many I've seen on this site.) My pattern is that things work for a while and then I build immunity. I use Imitrex injections for abortive, and they work GREAT(!), but I have rebound HAs from using so many. My migraines come in cycles - every day for a week, then a three day - 2 week break. I keep a journal, and haven't found any real patterns, other than weather changes, time change, and every Monday morning! I wake with 98% of mine. My current medication is Lamictal, but I've increased to max. dosage and still had a migraine four consecutive days this week. My doctor just mentioned switching to Sansert, but thanks to your posts I mentioned the side effects and inability to combine with Imitrex, and she backed off. Is looking for something else. I suggested Verapamil. Any other suggestions? Also, I know I should be talking with a migraine group, but I haven't found any whose posts are as informative as yours. Anyone know of a good migraine group?

Sorry this is so long! Any suggestions you have would be VERY appreciated!  Cheesy
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Migraines, but like this site
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

TRy these
http://hsgfamily.proboards18.com/index.cgi?action=login2
http://www.achenet.org/
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 7:02pm »

on Mar 25th, 2004, 3:37pm, Bebop wrote:
Also, I know I should be talking with a migraine group, but I haven't found any whose posts are as informative as yours. Anyone know of a good migraine group?

Sorry this is so long! Any suggestions you have would be VERY appreciated!  Cheesy

Have you considered that if you have a headache every Monday morning that it might have a psychological origin?

Likely you would find that the information here is not very useful for you.  I'm not familiar with those types of headache groups but you might try the two boards Thomas suggested.  Sincerely hope you can find some help on one of those boards.
 pokeeye
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 7:13pm »

Since it seems like it may be easier to find meds for clusters, perhaps we could trade headaches for a while... Huh? Whatcha' say? Kiss

Pleeeeeeease?
IP Logged

Chris
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 1:49am »

I get a pain every monday but it is not in my head... Somewhere on the other end and it is because of my boss.  laugh

Sorry, not trying to make fun of your ha's, but there are many sites out there for Migraines, and they should be able to help you more then us.  
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:17pm »

http://headaches.about.com

I'd check that one out for very updated info on migraines and lots of people posting all the time.  

G'luck!
Lizzie
IP Logged

Bebop
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:25pm »

Thanks everyone - I checked out those recommended sites previously. I truly have learned more from this site than those others, even though my HAs are not clusters. It surprises me how many of the same meds are used for each. So...I guess I'll just stick around and keep reading!

Thanks again!
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 1:42am »

on Mar 26th, 2004, 9:25pm, Bebop wrote:
Thanks everyone - I checked out those recommended sites previously. I truly have learned more from this site than those others, even though my HAs are not clusters. It surprises me how many of the same meds are used for each. So...I guess I'll just stick around and keep reading!

Thanks again!

Welcome aboard! Just as long as you don't get your feelings hurt when we make fun of migraines! Wink Grin
IP Logged

Chris
floridian

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Have you considered that if you have a headache every Monday morning that it might have a psychological origin?

Monday Morning Migraines could be psychological, but (-- as an analogy -- ) more heart attacks occur on monday than any other day.  Not only the stress of facing another week, but also changes in eating/drinking/sleeping/etc over the weekend.  These affect the metabolism and body biochemistry.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:26am by floridian » IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 6:15pm »

on Mar 29th, 2004, 10:21am, floridian wrote:

Monday Morning Migraines could be psychological, but (-- as an analogy -- ) more heart attacks occur on monday than any other day.  Not only the stress of facing another week, but also changes in eating/drinking/sleeping/etc over the weekend.  These affect the metabolism and body biochemistry.

Floridian, what you're saying makes more sense than a psychological origin, especially with......migraines.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 7:16am »

WWW.MELDRUM.DEMON.CO.UK/migraine.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss