Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi YA! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi YA!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi YA!  (Read 268 times)
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

Hi YA!
« on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I been getting E CH for years, Hi everybody.
IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

Re: Hi YA!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 11:07pm »

Hi Joe, welcome.

How about a little more info? How do they affect you? What meds are you using, if any? Do you have success at aborting the pain?

Check out all the info available here. Let us know how you're doing.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 12:30am »

on Mar 26th, 2004, 9:28pm, joesf wrote:
I been getting E CH for years, Hi everybody.

Me too, Hi Joe...
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 8:53am »

Hey joesf..Welcome. Lots of info and good people on here...don't be afarid to ask questions. Like FZ said...maybe a little more info  from you..will help us to start to help you.  Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 12:08pm »

I actually been posting it in the cluster headache room. I didnt see this one till I did. I dont work that well with these things.
The first time i ever felt anything like this in my life i was 15. This may not have been a CH. What happened was I had a cold, I remember looking down at something and it felt like fluid ran into the area above my right eyebrow. Instant pain, similar to a CH. That may have been related, I dont know, but after that when ever i'd get this kind of pain I thought it was sinuses. I got HAs peirodically all through my 20's till now. In my late 30's I was still going to sinus doctors. Pain killers worked on the little ones but the big ones  came right through.  
Around 1993 or 1994 my wife was onlineand figured out these look like CHs. By that time I had given up on the sinus doctors.  
The way the HA's worked for me was that they would come in the spring mostly, sometimes in the fall. I'd have to walk or run when they got bad. Pain killers of any magnitude no use for the bad ones. They come on and leave over a one month period. First faint short duration,with shadows. Then more intense more frequent, more duratiion. Then they exit the cycle the opposite way they came in. For a while it was about every two years between episodes occuring in March or April-May. This is the first episode I have had in 5 years.  
During the last one 5 years ago I had a big CH last 8 hours on high pain. My neighbor it turned out got similar HA's and loaned me his o2 bottle then. By that time however, they were on the way out so I never got to try it. I have an O2 bottle and used it this time. It helps better than anything. Im glad too cause I am recovering from a fractured knee and cant move too good!
I have had airplane flights trigger them twice. Makes me wonder if weather changes, combined w/ pollen arent involved. ut still there must be some sinus comnnection as I hear cracking there some times as the HA's either come in or go out.  
I hope this info can help somehow.
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 2:53pm »

Hey joe..helps alot!! Have you been to a neurologist? Have you been to a Dr. who knows of CH's.  By the way..O2 really works alot for alot of people. Do you have high BP? Look into all these things. I'm 41 and have had these for almost 25 yrs..always in Feb and March..my cycle. There is a Cluster quiz to the left sideof here..did you take it yet? Anyhow...welcome..and there's alot of info on here..and alot of help..and alot of great people. Guess what?  You're in good hands now. Smiley  Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 8:36pm »

I got Low BP. Thanks nice to know you. I too k the quiz.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss