Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « fighting the good fight »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   fighting the good fight
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: fighting the good fight  (Read 918 times)
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

fighting the good fight
« on: Mar 29th, 2004, 2:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've known about this site for some time but only recently registered. This is my first post. I'm approaching, I hope, the end of a cycle that has been going on for about three months. I've been using anti- seizure's, Zomig inhaler, and of course O2. I say fighting the good fight because as a recovering addict, this has always been my downfall. Put together 2-3 years...CH comes....mind starts to rationalize....end up in detox. I haven't had a drop of alcohol, or an "illicit drug" in over 15 years, but when the right side of my face feels like it's going to explode those old thoughts start to creep in. I'm not saying this to preach....I know there are many CH sufferers who can and do use those types of meds responsibly...I'm just not one of them. Truth be told, I think they help battle the fear of the headache better than the headache itself in my case. I'm just saying this because....I need to say it. Especially to people who know the type of pain of which I speak. I'm an actor living in Los Angeles and I gotta tell you, it's tough trying to get that oxygen tank on the studio lot....especially after 9-11. I'm afraid to let people I work with know that I have these, for fear that I won't get hired. I don't have a regular gig. I just go from job to job. Enough from me....gonna keep fightin the good fight for another day.
IP Logged

Clusterheads are a rare breed.
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

Re: fighting the good fight
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 11:26am »

You're doing good buddy. And a s far as the tanks after 9-11......keep a written prescription on you at all times for the O2....then no questions asked. But as far as being afraid to let people know.....LET 'EM KNOW!!!!  We're everywhere u look...CH'ers everywhere.....and becoming more and more recognized with sites like these and TV  and radio. Remember..you dont have a sickness...you're not diseased. You're functional....you work....you're human......it's just that you have Cluster Headaches...don't be embarassed.   Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 11:35am »

Hi Buckeye, and welcome.

I echo what Luke says - speak UP!!  One of the biggest problems clusterheads face is public ignorance - most people think migraine is the worst headache imaginable and have never heard of clusters!  Or, when you say you have cluster headaches, they assume you mean migraine.  Because the pain and the attack is not visible, people don't realize the extent of the pain.

Because clusters is not a well known condition, quite often insurance companies won't approve the meds prescribed.  It's only through public awareness that this can change, Buckeye.  You're in a GREAT profession to DO something about your pain!!  Contact OUCH California (as well as the mothership: OUCH www.clusterheadaches.org) and offer to do some public service announcements for them!!  Raise awareness, using your trade!
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 12:06pm »

Hey Buck,

I'm an ex-Valley Boy (Granada Hills) and a recovering alcoholic (13 1/2 years).  Also a 33 year episodic clusterhead.  Got a brother-in-law doing scenery over at Paramount.  I'm living up in San Luis Obispo now.

If ya want to talk about treating clusters, or being clean and sober, or staring in OUCH cluster headache Public Service Announcements or information videos, drop me a line or join us on the CalOUCH messabe board, www.calouch.org
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 12:09pm »

Thanks guys....had a rough night....blew through an e-tank and had at least 4 that I remember, til my lovely 2 and a half year old woke me up at 6:00 am. Have had these suckers since I was 19...I'm now 40. Started out as chronic....somewhere in my late 20's crossed over to episodic. Hard on the wife with a 2 year old and a nine month old. As long as I stay off the narcs she's very supportive. I've been on Keppra for about 3 months and am now adding another anti-seizure this afternoon. Have a good Doc....Cedars Sanai Pain Clinic. He also wants to add in Sansert....I hate that fuckin drug. Jitters personified. A little fyi....I'm going to be on "24" tomorrow night. Just look for the angry guy in the hotel who starts causing people to get fired up. You'll recognize me by the big schnozz and the furrows in the ole forehead. Sorry to be so vague but with that show you have to sign confidentiality papers. By the way...I'm really interested in this OUCH program.
IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 1:05pm »

Is your doc over at Cedar's Graff-Radford?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 1:09pm »

His partner....Alan Newman....
IP Logged

Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 2:37pm »

Buckeye...keep on that O2 man.....think thats the best thing that ever worked for me in almost 25 years!! And better yet...its not addicitng...Yippee....all the frickin O2 without the jonesin' afterwards Grin. And also man...that would be so cool.to turn on the TV some day and see your big Puss plastered all over the screen talkin about how we all need to be aware of the horrifics of CH.   GoBuckeye...go Buckeye.....go Buckeye...Do it for us!!!!
   Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 2:44pm »

There you go Luke! We finally found our famous clusterhead!
Welcome Buck! Or Buckeye... Or, Mr. Scooter... Grin
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:18pm »

U got it Chris...he's the famous one I asked about......go Scooter!!!!!    Luke
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:26pm »

Hey scooter, I think I just saw you on the preview for 24... Are you wearing a blue shirt, yelling something about the building or something at the crowd?
IP Logged

Chris
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:54pm »

Welcome aboard and I hope we can get around this damn 9-11 O2 fear. It's a pain is the ass  Angry

Here is a CH technique that worked for me most of the time:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

I hope it helps and you'll find a link for Simon's letter which is worth copying to explain this horror to others.

Stick around and let us know how you are getting along.

Charllie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 11:44pm »

Superpain, they should call you Supereyes....I'm on that preview for about 1 second and you picked me out.  
    Charlie, I'm going to check out that link. Just turned off the O2 a minute ago.
     I really do want to get involved in OUCH....even though I don't know a single thing about it yet. If it means getting the word out about clusters....I'm all for that. I feel I should let you guys know that I'm in no way a "celebrity"....I just happen to make a living doing parts in television and movies. What I'm really trying to say is that I want to be involved at any level when it comes to OUCH. All for now
IP Logged

Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 9:44am »

Het Buckeye..I'm in Pittsburgh...would I see you out here on TV?
IP Logged

buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 11:37am »

Luke....I used to drive over from Columbus to audition for movies that were shooting in Pittsburgh in the early '90s when my wife and I still lived in Ohio. Those were very small roles. Don't miss that drive!
     Of course you can see me in Pittsburgh.....I'm on "24" tonight on Fox at 9:00 pm.....I'm also going to be on ER on April 15th.....that role should strike a STRONG chord with some folks on this site. Life immitating art as they say. Blew through a lot of o2 last night.....at least it gets rid of the beast. I know for some that it doesn't work that well. Gonna check ot the ouch site today.
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #15 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 11:37am »

Watch "24" tonight.
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 12:43pm »

Sorry...never saw it..what's it about? How will I know it's you Buckeye?
BTW...Glad u had a good nite Chjris..I was not so fortunate...had 3 m'fers again...blew the O2 myself helped twice....not the 3rd thime tho...  Luke
IP Logged

renny
New Board Junior
USA 

rennny07   renny
Email

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 1:20pm »

SmileyHiya Buckeye and welcome.  

What's the ER bit gonna be about???  You say it should hit home here, with lot's of folk, c'mon, spill it!!!

(we won't tell....)        karen Grin
IP Logged

tell me...did the wind sweep you off a' your feet...
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 1:48pm »

Don't mean to be vague Karen....It's just with some of the more popular shows you have to sign confidentiality papers saying you won't disclose any plot lines until the show airs. Trust me, it's not that big of deal..(my characters story line), but because there's somewhat of a twist I really can't reveal it. Let's just say they suspect my character of being drug-seeking.
    Can't wait for this cycle to end. Have to work tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous about it.
IP Logged

renny
New Board Junior
USA 

rennny07   renny
Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 1:54pm »

Wink  Ok then!   Will just wait and watch on April 15th, as well as tonight....btw have been accused of being narcotic abuser myself while living overseas, and dealing  with ch  in area where noone had heard of it....ah the joy that comes with this!

Looking forward to it!!!   And stay here, these people will calm your nerves...one way or the other! Grin
              karen
IP Logged

tell me...did the wind sweep you off a' your feet...
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #20 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 4:06pm »

on Mar 30th, 2004, 12:43pm, Luke63 wrote:
Sorry...never saw it..what's it about? How will I know it's you Buckeye?
BTW...Glad u had a good nite Chjris..I was not so fortunate...had 3 m'fers again...blew the O2 myself helped twice....not the 3rd thime tho...  Luke

Dude... You've never seen 24?
It's a really good show! Keifer Sutherland...???
Anyway, it's on tonight. Watch it! On Fox after American Idol. Wink

Anyway, last night wasn't so great... Gotta take more melatonin tonight. And I'm stocked up with 60mg of imitrex shots. Hope it works... I hit myself about 5 am, but I don't think I used enough, probably a little less than 2 mg. I was nervous. It's been a while since I "shot up", and the imitrex choking feeling kinda scares me, so I'm gonna ease into it. O2 is taking longer to work these days for some reason. That sux... I can't believe that you'd build up a "tolerance" to O2, but I guess that's how it goes.
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 4:28pm »

OK...I got it...found out about it......SSSSOOOO...whose character is his?   Someone give me the lowdown...cuz I'm watchin tonite...promise!!!   Luke
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 10:39pm »

Well scooter... I hate to tell you this... But it doesn't look good for you. Me thinks you gonna die.  laugh

Nice job trouble maker!

Get back to your room! Angry
IP Logged

Chris
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #23 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 10:50pm »

Damn scooter... You trying to kill us all or what!?
You done fucked up son!
I think your run on 24 is officially over now! laugh

Good job!
IP Logged

Chris
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 10:22am »

Yeah scooter....U had to go srew things up huh and get Blasted!!!!  (pow-Pow!). Actually was tyryin,,to look at your eyes real close and figure out which side was the side of the Beast.  Just teasin...Hey Scooter U should conside the O.U.C.H. convention in Nashville  Jult 16-17-18. It will be my first...and lookin forward to it. And Super...had a fucked nite too...4 frickin times...3rd time O2 didnt help..was too tired fell asleep......4th time this morn at 5am..said fuck it,,,got the Imitrex...first time in a long time tho... hey guys  PF Vibes...later...Luke
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss