Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi from Hell... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi from Hell...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi from Hell...  (Read 337 times)
corgimom

Email

Hi from Hell...
« on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

They're back.......
I have been PF for almost a year now. The last time I was here it was very briefly. My CH's have been back almost 2 weeks now. I was hoping they would just go away the same way they came. No luck yet. I get 2-3 a day. The one I hate the most is the one right after I fall asleep. I'd like to take my thumb and jam it in my eye socket so my eyeball pops out. Nice huh?
My insurance is changing this week so I have to wait a few days before I can see a neurologists. I got one this morning that lasted about 3 hours. Not fun. Nothing helped. When I get one in the middle of the night I use a scalding hot wash cloth on my face, usually after reheating twice I fall back asleep.
Any idea what meds my doc will recommend? When I had CH's last year they stopped before I had to go to the doc or take any meds. Should I ask for oxygen?
Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all the great information!!  Smiley
Mary Beth Thompson
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Hi from Hell...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:59pm »

Ask for O2, yes.  If you are getting hit at night, I would suggest talking to your doc about melatonin.  Read the melatonin thread on the meds board.  But talk to your doc first. Grin
IP Logged
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello there Mary Beth and welcome back to the group.  Sorry they have returned, I think that when those of us who go into remission think that maybe this will be the last time.  Unfortunately we will be haunted most of our lives.  Check out the meds button on the left and definitley try the O2, although it does not work for me I know from reading that it helps the majority of those here.  Take care and keep reading, hope your pf soon.

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 7:13pm »

Ditto on Thomas's melatonin.  Dirt cheap, available over-the-counter.  Give it a try.

Good luck,

John
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 7:35pm »

Yes! O2 and melatonin!!!
Welders O2 is cheap and effective. I just saw the neuro today and he told me to just stick with the welders O2... He said the mask was irrelevant. Just as long as you get alot of O2 quick... Big deep breaths for up to 10 mins. It normally knocks mine out in 2-5 mins.
And I had a full nights sleep last night for the first time in months due to 18 mg of melatonin! It's cheap and you can get it at any grocery or drug store. Go get it now, and rest easy tonight!
Sorry to see you had to come back... Sad
IP Logged

Chris
djsdds
New Board Newbie
USA 

CRAZINESS!!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 10:49pm »

Hi Mary Beth,

I'm new to this site but not to clusters.  I had my Dr prescribe oxygen years ago and I keep a tank in my room at all times.  Even when I'm not in a cluster, it is there because I never know when I will wake up in hell one night.

I'm in a cluster now and some nights I have to sleep with the mask on my face, turned down really low.  My throat is raspy from breathing the stuff all night, but it's better than the HA.

Good Luck, Julie  (Nice to hear I'm not the only woman!)
IP Logged
corgimom

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 6:01pm »

Hey everybody!
Thanks for the welcome and the advice.  
About melatonin....Could I get some now? Or should I wait until I see the doc next week?
I am currently taking Buspar for anxiety. Would that interfere with anything? Could the Buspar be a trigger for the cycle I'm in now? Hmmm...questions I guess I should ask my doctor. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
Got a CH this morning as my wake up call. Very tame, but I knew if I tried to go back to sleep it would be a monster within about 10 minutes. Hope everyone is having a PF day today. Luckily I don't get them during the daytime hours except first thing in the am. I don't work until 2p....I know..Lucky me!
I'm going to go knock on wood now..
Later!
Mary Beth
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 9:40pm »

hurl *buspar* blechy...

Melatonin can be found at any grocery or drug store. I personally would urge you to go buy some right now.

When I went to the neuro yesterday, I told him I was taking magnesium, multivitamin, melatonin and welders O2, and he said "Good job, keep that up." It will help you sleep, and hopefully reduce the severity of the night attacks. It has for me at least...
Good luck.
IP Logged

Chris
corgimom

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 5:01pm »

Well I think my cycle is done! I have not had a CH since we started Daylight savings time. Weird huh? Sunday morning after we set the clocks ahead and no headache to wake me up. What's strange is I completly forgot I didn't have a HA. My mom asked me later that day if I had a HA when I woke up and I couldn't believe it! No CH! Yeah! Haven't had one since. I have woken up to a slight allergy/sinus HA but nothing unbearable. I started taking melatonin last week too. I wonder if it's the melatonin or the time/daylight change thing? Who cares right? Roll Eyes
Wishing all of you PF days ahead!  
I will keep checking in from time to time.
Thanks to everyone!  Smiley
Mary Beth
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 11:30pm »

All good ideas about the oxygen, if you continue to get hit. Also see if the neuro will give you some free sample Imitrex injections when you see him/her next. For me, it is the most amazing abortive.

Though it appears that as an abortive, oxygen is the thumbs up winner for most CH sufferrers.

Hope yer cycle is gone. For me, I started Topamax two weeks ago, and it appears that my cycle is over too.

Remember for either now or the future if the beast returns you must find preventatives and abortives. Two entirely different treatments.

-Freddy
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 9:41am »

O2 and also Melatonin...
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 11:19pm »

Welcome aboard and I'm sorry you got another visit from this horror. This link is to a technique that worked very well for me:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss