Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 11:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is it gone? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Is it gone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is it gone?  (Read 203 times)
Reillysmom
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

Is it gone?
« on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What an amazing site.   Thanks for all of your kind words.  
My first experience with CH was in 1996, one week after delivering my son. My Doctor thought the headaches were hormonal.  Of course I didn't know any better.  If I recall my Doctor put me on amitriptyline and I guess it worked.  I don't remember a lot from back then.  CH wasn't even a word that I had heard until 2000 when the headaches returned.  
5 or 6 trips to the ER and 5 or 6 different Doctors who didn't have a clue.  I had every test imaginable and I was told that it must be sinus related.  
I tried everything including acupuncture and chiropractor.
Finally my Doctor was the one to diagnose me with CH and 2 rounds of prednisone worked.  

Well 2004, and prednisone wouldn't touch me.  Am I right to believe that every cylcle gets worse?
Maxalt just took the edge off of the pain, never fully got rid of it.  
I saw a new neurologist on Tuesday and he put me on verapamil, along with migranol nasal.  The verapamil seems to be working but I have this constant nagging pain and tenderness in my jaw, ear, eye and neck.  I feel as though the beast is just waiting to get me again.  Does this mean I need a stronger dose?  Is it possible that the cycle hasn't ended?  
I am so scared that it will turn into chronic clusters and I can't imagine that.  I truly believe that I should be thankful that the beast only comes every 4 years.
I am definately going to talk to my Doctor about the oxygen.  

Once again, thanks for all of your support and kind words.  I didn't think that anyone understood me until I found this site.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Is it gone?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:16am »

It's unimagineable, but yes, for me, my cycles get worse... Or at least longer...
I wouldn't worry about being chronic though. You're a long way away from that. Ask us that again in a year or so if you continue to get hit continuously till then. (You won't)....

Yes. Get the O2! It will help alot.

How long did your other 2 cycles last?
IP Logged

Chris
cipher_cat
New Board Newbie
USA 

miau?

Re: Is it gone?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:20am »

it's nice to meet you. i'm sorry that it had to be under this kind of circumstance. i can sympathize with you on the prednisone folly. i'm not sure if it's because i hit a downward spiral at the precise moment it was prescribed to me or if prednisone actually has the ability to preform home labotomies, but you could say it didn't go too well for me either. don't give up though! if you're not happy with verapamil there are a lot of other options out there and these boards are full of great ideas to suggest to your neuro.  

o2 is definately worth a try. let us know what you think! i know i rely on it quite often to get rid of that residual throb between heavy attacks.  

keep us all up to date and good luck with everything! =)  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss