Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 6:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello All »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello All
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello All  (Read 207 times)
Viper
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Hello All
« on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 8:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,Cool site!!!!

My name is Frankie and i'm 32 and the good ol doc thinks that I have CH.I went to see him today becase I've been getting this pain coming from my temple on the right side and the pain spider's out over the right side of my head.It's been going on now for about a year.I went to see a doc before and he gave me some med's for the pain but it didn't work at all,all it did was get me stoned and I didn't like that one bit.I've had a dull pain there for about two weeks and now and then I get a pain that would almost drop me to my knees.It's prob becase the doc I seen before this one took his thumb and pressed hard on my temple and sead does that hert,I was like hello!!!!!,and I said do you think if I kicked you in the nut's that would hert?<-----Sorry about that but that's what heppend.So anyway he gave me this stuff called (Amitriptyline) he said that it might stop the pain.Well if I do have it it won't get me down life go's on..........Take care all
IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 9:37pm »

Hi Frankie,
You came to the right place, there is lots of info here to help you . You will be ok. You just got to come up with your plan on how to deal with them.  

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 9:46pm »

Hi Viper,
Welcome. Have you taken the cluster quiz yet? Under the button on the left side of your screen. Yes? Please tell us how you scored. No? Please take it and let us know how you scored.

From what you have said it may be that you suffer from clusters but more information would be helpful. We're not doctors and cannot diagnose your pain but if it is clusters we can help you fight the good fight.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Viper
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 12:02am »

Hi thanks for the reply's........

Yes I did take the quiz and the 1-8 the only one that was a yes was #6) When you have a headache, can you normally lay down and be motionless?

And the 9-16 the only no's there were #10) Do your headaches normally wake you up from a sound sleep?

#11) Do your headaches normally occur at the same time of the year and same times each day?

Like I said I don't know if I do or don't,but the doc seem's to think that that's the prob.Does anybody know is there like a test that they can do or something?That way when I go back to see him on the 25th I can ask him about it? Thank you for the help.....

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 12:30am »

I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose your pain but in my opinion you probably do not have cluster headaches and here's why I think that.

on Apr 4th, 2004, 12:02am, Viper wrote:
Yes I did take the quiz and the 1-8 the only one that was a yes was #6) When you have a headache, can you normally lay down and be motionless? Most, probably 95%+, of cluster sufferers can not lay down during a attack. Laying down is not an option during a cluster attack. Some may prefer to remain motionless but most are up and pacing or at least rocking while sitting.

And the 9-16 the only no's there were #10) Do your headaches normally wake you up from a sound sleep?Having the pain wake you from a sound sleep is a very normal trait of cluster headaches. Usually it wakes you an hour or so after falling asleep or when you hit the REM sleep mode. But, some people don't get hit a night and only get hit during waking hours.

#11) Do your headaches normally occur at the same time of the year and same times each day?During a cluster cycle the headaches usually come at the same time(s) day to day. Such as always an hour after falling asleep at night. Or while relaxing every evening. Some get hit more than once a day/night such as 10pm, 1am, 6am every night

Does anybody know is there like a test that they can do or something?No, not really. Usually it is diagnosed from the symptoms, the runny nose, tearing eye, the pain on one side of the face only, etc. Most of us have gone to the dentist, eye doctor and the ear-nose-throat docs and nothing wrong found. We've been through CATscans and MRI's and nothing found. That way when I go back to see him on the 25th I can ask him about it? Look under all the buttons on the left side of the screen and print out everything that you feel describes (or doesn't describe) your symptoms and try to get your doc to look at them. Be sure to hit the yellow OUCH website button. Lots more info over there. Good luck and let us know after your doctor appointment. Sure hope you don't have clusters.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss