Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 3:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 234 times)
mrataxic
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mike_betchel  
Email

HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Apr 15th, 2004, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all

Actually I found this site A LONG time ago an haven't been back.............Oh well,,,,,,,,im back now, and plus, I gotta find some relief or support or sumtin........... Anywho,,,,,,,,,,ill quit babblin,lol.......My names Mike,I just turned 32, and I've been dealing with these Clusters foreveer it seems........ Actually, I just made a trip to the ER a couple days ago. This has been my uumtenth visit.......... All they do is load me up on drugs............Lets se,,,,,,,,they give me demeral, visseral, prednozone,viccodine,etc........... And at home i take varapamill.  I ahve tried everythinng! I am thinkin i am boarder line chronic but am not sure.......... It seems like they NEVER go away, and when it get so bad I can't stand it,,,,,,,,,,well lets not go there,lolol...........And it doesn'tt help that i sleep worth crap and get NO REM  sleep(witch i read might be associated with clusters).  I also have Ataxia, witch I think may be connected...Anyone kno? Anyway, Hope to hear from you.

Mike
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 9:34pm »

Welcome to the board Mike. I had never heard of Ataxia before so I had to look it up. Dang, hate the sound of that disease. Hope you're doing ok.

It sounds like Ataxia is caused by a nerve failure and affects the musle coordination. Is that correct? A connection with clusters? I have no idea.  

Have you tried oxygen as a cluster abortive?  

There has been a lot of talk here about melatoin to help get through the night.
Many are on verapamil and some at rather high doses. How much are you on? And some folks use lithium along with the verapamil.

Right now I wish you some pain free time to push the buttons on the left side of the screen and read, read, read.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 9:54pm »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the board.

Sorry you're having a rough go.

The Melatonin is great to take before bed.  There is a thread on the board about it.  I am episodic, and was pf for 197 days after going on a Prednisone taper.  I started having a few ha's.....the worst about a 7 on the kip scale.  All the others I have had were painful enough to wake me, but I was able to handle them ok.  I started taking the melatonin before bed, and have had no more ha's.  It's cheap, and you don't need a rx for it.

It comes in 1mg, 3mg, and higher.  I have the 3 mg, and did increase to adding half of another 3mg tablet and it has been great.  The first few days I took it, I slept several hours longer than usual, but have had no problems with feeling drugged or groggy.  

You might give it a try.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss