Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « went to the neuro today, oxygen is on the way »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   went to the neuro today, oxygen is on the way
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: went to the neuro today, oxygen is on the way  (Read 208 times)
ShellB
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

went to the neuro today, oxygen is on the way
« on: Apr 16th, 2004, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have already been taking verapamil, and now the neuro has also put me on depakote.  She wants me to take vitamins, B 100 complex, vitamin E 400 units, and magnesium 250 mg.  Also to excersize 30 minutes a day.  She wants me to get some blood work, something about checking my thyroid, says that can contribute to the CHs. ????  She gave me a script for 12 - 15 liters of o2 with a non- rebreather mask.  Despense 1 mo., w/ 5 refills. I take that is a six month supply. I have insurance, but even still all this stuff seems to get pretty pricey.  Does anyone have an idea on what the cost of oxygen would be???  
  This is a neuro that I have never seen before, and I was ready to walk out before I even got there.  I was going to mention the oxygen thing to her but she did to me, before I could.  I asked her if she knew much about CHs and she said that she sees several cluster headache patients.  Said a friend of her's owns a headache clinic.  Sounds like she knows a bit.  Thought it was a good visit.  We'll see I go back in 6 weeks.  

Michelle   Smiley
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

Re: went to the neuro today, oxygen is on the way
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 9:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am not one to answer about the costs of the oxygen. It will vary from insurance company to insurance company but the summer I used it (incorrectly)  it was much less expensive than Imitrex treatment. Speak with your insurance company and your pharmacy. They will have to hook you up with a medical device company.

As far as the Neuro speaking of oxygen and knowing the high flow rate oxygen and non-rebreathing mask!!!

That is terrific. You found a winner!!

-Scott
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2004, 9:21pm by HypnoticFreddy » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss