Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am glad I found this site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am glad I found this site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am glad I found this site  (Read 321 times)
BrianS
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I am glad I found this site
« on: Apr 16th, 2004, 11:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all!

Just when I thought I was nuts... I would explain my headaches to friends, doctors and others who would ask why my eye watered and why I would stick my finger in my eye or sit with my eyes shut as tight as I could till I got relief. I found this site.  
I would classify my CH as chronic. I am turning 27 on April 19 and have had CH for at least the last 3 years.  I am a minister in a fairly large church and there are times I walk in the hallway of the church with my eyes closed cause the CH is so bad.  My CH seem to be a little diffrent then what I have read thus far in that my CH occur at least 4-6 times a day, are at least 9's on your scale (and your saying how are they diffrent) mine last less than 3 minutes.  Sometimes I worry about driving because I can hardly keep my eyes open.  Like you guys I do wake up in the middle of the night crying and hitting the bed till they subside.  
Sometimes they are so bad 11's on your scale that I get up and chew asprin with shots of vodka now again I am a minister who has never drank in my life.  I am not sure if it works.  
Do any of you have CH like mine?

Blessings  
BrianS
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

Re: I am glad I found this site
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 11:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ummm doing vodka chasers certainly don't sound like clusters to me, but thats my opinion.

Also 3 min headaches could be something else. Perhaps someone else knows?

-Scott
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 4:34am »

Welcome to the board Brian. Sorry you're hurting.

The description of your pain does not sound like cluster headache to me. But, I’m not a doctor so don’t go by my word. Because you say it only lasts 3 minutes it sounds more like pain called Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania (CPH)
Here’s a couple of sites to click on:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/comparison_table.htm

About the asprin chewing…….click this:
And it has a little more about CPH just below the rebound headache paragraph.
http://mhni.com/faqs_other_headaches.html#CPH  
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 9:15am »

Bob is right

Your symptoms are much more like other TAC's e.g. PH/CPH/SUNCT/TN.
The good news is that some of these are eminently more treatable than CH.

Have a good read of the information available in the OUCH library and I think you may find your condition may not be CH at all. No less painful of course, but maybe less resistant to treatment

Wendy
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2004, 9:16am by pubgirl » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:37am »

Brian, since I really cannot add to the great advice that has already been given, I will just say welcome to ch.com and I am so sorry for your pain.

Take care,
Smileymel
IP Logged
BrianS
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:25pm »

Thank you guys very much I believe you are correct.  The cluster was the closest thing I had ever seen to what I experienced. Now I believe it is CPH. Thank you again

BrianS
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss