Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 1:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Here  (Read 258 times)
whitewatertazz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

New Here
« on: May 5th, 2004, 10:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yeah I was a lucky of the unlucky...

I started having CH about February of last year. I had some docs that did not know what to make of it. Sent me for a MRI found a brain tumor on a Tuesday and my surgery was on Monday to remove it. Everything went fine, except my headaches returned...

April of this year I was finally diagnosed. One month into an epsiode and I am better. I think we have it got it kind of figured out.  

I am just amazed on what it can do to your out look. I am an upbeat person and always on the move. During my epsiodes, I just want to stay in my house with all the drapes pulled shut and see no one.

But Verapamil, Imitrex and O2 seems to be working. I am down to one attack per day.

(story time: Last year I went to the Emergency room and the triage nurse asked me what was wrong I said I have Head Pain...She says you mean Head Ache. I say no, ache is something that you take two asprins for and sleep off, pain is something that drives you to go to the emergency room on a friday night dragging your 3 yr old son with you. After that I realized no one would under stand.)
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: May 5th, 2004, 2:31pm »

Hi Whitewater
        Sorry you have CH but welcome to the board! You have found the right place for advice and support. Most importantly people here DO understand Smiley Smiley

Filbert
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 5th, 2004, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Whitewater and welcome,

Sounds like you are taking a lot of correct steps in treatment. Good job!

Interesting about the brain tumor, which I hope is ok.

I am not sure I know of connections between brain tumors and headaches but I imagine there must be.

Good luck and get it down to zero per day!!

And yes, depression, or for me, just plain feeling like shit is common. For me after having multiple CHs in one day, I feel like I was in a boxing match......and lost.
It is difficult. It is difficult for us to work or go to school. Unfortunately, some folks do NEED to go on disability. They have kids like you and it really is terrible.

I have been private messaging a member here who has spent weeks at a time at various headache clinics. He is chronic and gets no relief. Plus there is lot of other depression-type issues outside of his CHs. He is a good, strong person. He lives in constant pain, but he has a heart of gold.

Stay positive and keep up the good work on treatment. You are on the right track friend.

Just remember, that with a good and knowledgable doc (hopefully), you WILL hopefully be able to MANAGE your CHs.

Good luck and feel well.

-Scott
IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2004, 11:03pm »

Hey Whitewater,
 Sorry your head's buggin'ya. You're at the right place for clusters....Keep a close watch on that tumor thing.
  Welcome to the sight,
...Mark..

IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 7th, 2004, 8:40pm »

Hi Whitewater welcome to the board, brain tumour..? wow that sux's, what led the doctors to the conclusion that you had clusterheadaches..? just curious...

Cathy  Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

whitewatertazz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 15th, 2004, 8:37am »

Since the removed the Tumor and there is no regrowth as now.  

Actually my neurologist (3 before him) thinks I have had them all the time. My headache actually was what sent me to go to the doctors in the first place.

So he thinks my Cluster Headaches led them to find the tumor before it was too late.

Smiley
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 16th, 2004, 11:16pm »

Welcome to the board.

Good to hear that you have the meds you need to handle CH.

Pull up a chair...and stay a while.  Usually someone here 24/7.  

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss