Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hey i'm new »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hey i'm new
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hey i'm new  (Read 309 times)
night_raven
New Board Newbie
Australia 

SSDD

Hey i'm new
« on: May 16th, 2004, 6:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey all i am new as you can tell   Smiley
i found this site, i am a bit in the middle of how i feel atm though.
i have been suffering for a year and a half, its chronic and nothing seems to make it go away.
one thing, has anyone as just sorta got them one day never had them go away cause i have no real reason why i have 'em
well i am looking forward to talking to some of you guys later
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

HRe: Hey i'm new
« Reply #1 on: May 16th, 2004, 8:15am »

Hi night raven
    Welcome to the message board but very sorry to hear you're suffering so much at the moment. Have you been officially diagnosed with CH? If so what meds are you taking? Plenty of info to read here and the people on this board really understand what you're going through!!
      All the best Filbert  
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Re: Hey i'm new
« Reply #2 on: May 16th, 2004, 1:12pm »

Welcome although I am sorry that you have to be one of us.  

Good Vibes to your current dance with the beast!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #3 on: May 16th, 2004, 2:51pm »

Welcome night_raven!
We're just across "the ditch" from you.
Let us know if we can help.
firebrix

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: May 16th, 2004, 5:19pm »

Hello night_raven. Welcome.
When you say they never go away do you mean they are there 24 hours a day? Or, do you mean you have 1 or 2 or 3 attacks each day?
Tell us a little more. We're always open for business.

P.S. I saw where you got "corrected" about the limb in the string on the General Board. Don't take it personal. It was a sign of welcome.  
You must be cute or something. It only took you 3 posts. Some of us have been here a long time and not got jumped on. But we're still hoping. Some day our STFU will come in.  Grin
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 16th, 2004, 10:16pm »

Welcome to the board.

Take time to read all the info located in the links to the left.  Also, take the cluster quiz.

Let us know how you are doing.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
night_raven
New Board Newbie
Australia 

SSDD

« Reply #6 on: May 17th, 2004, 4:10am »

on May 16th, 2004, 5:19pm, BobG wrote:
Hello night_raven. Welcome.
When you say they never go away do you mean they are there 24 hours a day? Or, do you mean you have 1 or 2 or 3 attacks each day?
Tell us a little more. We're always open for business.

what i mean is  that i get on average about 12- 17 a day, they are not always brain smashing material, i get about 2-5 really bad ones a day, the others are just small painful reminders that it never goes. At least they do not wake me when i am asleep. yeah my GP told me i had them and i have taken 4 different types of med, but none of them did anything at all, i wouldn't be able to tell you the names of them sorry.  and i may feel like an idoit after for this, but what is the deal with the Vibes and STFU? thanx  Grin
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2004, 4:11am by night_raven » IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #7 on: May 17th, 2004, 5:32am »

Welcome!
Find out the names of your meds for us.
That's alot of hit's per day. Alot of people will tell you it sounds like paroxismal hemicrania. But I get hit that many times in a day too with clusters. My cycles are also long, so don't lose hope. They could go away all of a sudden and you'll have a break, or maybe not. Either way, the information you need to help yourself lies here within.

Good luck.
IP Logged

Chris
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: May 17th, 2004, 11:17am »

I'm not a doctor so don't go by my words but with the number of hits you take each day it sounds like Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania (CPH).
Is Indomethacin in your list of medicines?
Click on this link to the OUCH website. It's a list of headache types.

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/comparison_table.htm

About the vibes and STFU's..............we're more than just a bunch of strangers with headaches. We're a family. When one of us hurts we all hurt. That's not just with the headache pain but the ups and downs of everyday life.  
Vibes = good vibrations = wishing good luck = hope you feel better soon= etc.
STFU= Shut The F*ck-Up. At first this was a negative greeting used to get the snake oil salesmen and trolls to leave the board. Slowly over time it has changed to become a welcome of the best kind. When you been told to STFU you know you've been accepted as a cluster/cluster supporter in good standing.  
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: May 17th, 2004, 5:14pm »

Sorry you had to seek us out, but glad you found us.

Lots of good advice on this website and OUCH's site.  Lots of accumulated living knowledge in the posters on this board as well.  Read, Read, Read.  Talk about what you read with your doc.

Gator

IP Logged
night_raven
New Board Newbie
Australia 

SSDD

« Reply #10 on: May 18th, 2004, 3:28am »

i think i have taken Indomethacin as there was one there that i was told to take and that it would get rid of it straight away, but it didn't work. it seems that either of this cases (Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania , and cluster headaches) are bad and that no one should have them. i have a weird time describing my case, because when i have my really bad ones, they can last for hour +, and the other ones tend to last 30 - 60 secs, they aren't as bad but still not fun  Sad  
thanx for the acceptance ppls, i am sooo glad i found you guys it has been hard thinking i was the only one and no one at school knows what it is like so thanx again
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: May 18th, 2004, 1:31pm »

If they thought you had Paroxysmal Hemicranias Indomethacin is probably the one they told you would do away with the pain straight away.   There have been cases of Indomethacin resistant PH.  

A headache journal can help a neurologist diagnose your flavor of the disease.  Keep track of the attacks: time, date, pain level 0 (no pain) to 10 (the worst pain you can imagine), what you were doing, what you ate.

You don't have to worry about being alone any longer.  The people here have become like a second family to me. Although be it somewhat dysfunctional.  Definitely a distraction from the beast.

Gator
IP Logged
night_raven
New Board Newbie
Australia 

SSDD

« Reply #12 on: May 20th, 2004, 7:15am »

thanx, i just want to know, how do u guys put up with it, me it am very close to the edge right now i reall y don't know what i am gonig to do, but with out it stopping i am getting close to the worst

Raven
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2004, 7:17am by night_raven » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss