Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new to board - headaches forever? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new to board - headaches forever?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new to board - headaches forever?  (Read 265 times)
beca
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

new to board - headaches forever?
« on: May 28th, 2004, 10:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I am new. I have suffered from CH for 14yrs. Was finally diagnosed last yr. I take Imitrex daily, use O2, and take Lamictal.This seems to work okay, but I worry that all the meds. are bad. I had to go off all meds. for 8 months because my liver enzymes were 5 X normal. That was a tough 8 months! I have suffered from 5-6 CH a wk.  I was in a car wreck (coma for 14 days) and have lesions from occipital lobe to frontal lobe. Although my intellect is fine, I have memory problems and sensory problems. I am glad I found this site, I would like to chat with people with similar problems and people with CH.  Thanks! Smiley
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: new to board - headaches forever?
« Reply #1 on: May 29th, 2004, 11:29pm »

Forever? The good news is that not necessarily forever. Mine showed up when I was 23 in 1969. In 1991, it disappeared. It's been 13 years since my last attack. I have my doubts about my good fortune being an age thing. 45 is young for that. Not that I'm complaining.  

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2004, 8:21am »

I'm another that the Beast got tired of.  After having clusters twice a year for 28 years, they just disappeared one day 18 years ago.

So, there is always hope.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jun 8th, 2004, 1:23am »

Howdy beca. Sorry you had a reason to look us up, but damned glad you found us.  Seems the beast does sometimes get tired of you eventually.  I wish he was tired of me already.  I am sure as hell tired of him.   Wishing you pain free days and nights!  Oh, yeah,  the chat url is:

http://headachesupportgroups.com/echat45/public/index.html

Most people just go into the General Posts area and start a new thread called Chat (NT)  nt means no text.  That is usually all it takes to get some people over there if they are not there already.

Welcome aboard!!!

Gator
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Beca.

Clusterville is a great site to chat to others who suffer as you do. Keep in touch.

I guess there is hope. Seeing others who have ended cycles for years can keep us all going knowing that we too may end this cycle of misery one day.

IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 12:57am »

Welcome to the board, Beca

Sure hope they don't last forever!   CH is strange though.  Some folks go from being episodic to chronic, and vice versa.

Like Charlie said.....he's been 13 years with no CH.  There's always hope!  

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss