Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « About Me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   About Me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: About Me  (Read 240 times)
Jamiecolt
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

About Me
« on: Jun 8th, 2004, 4:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I started to get cluster headaches when I was 16.  My first cluster lasted a few days.  I would then get them about every year until I was 22.  Every year each cluster would get longer and longer.  My last cluster lasted over a month and I was getting four or five headaches a day.  I was in my senior year of college.  I missed a month of school and a month of work.  I commuted to school and drove over an hour each way.  I would get them on the road.  Nothing was harder than driving with a headache.  Well since that loooooooooong episode, I have not had another cluster of them.  I get one here and there, but that is about it.  I am 27 now.  I found that Imitrex is the only thing that works.  I use the nasal spray.  IMITREX IS THE BEST.  Now, I usually only get them in the middle of the night.  And I get up take my Initrex and it is gone within 10 minutes.  I have learned to control them better than I ever have.  I know if I get worked up the pain only intesifies.  I try to keep myself calm.  But it took alot of headaches to learn that.  I used punch walls or do anything else that would cause pain somewhere else other than in my eye!  Before I found Imitrex, nothing worked.  The pain would be so unbearable it would make me sick.  I would throw up and from all the exhaustion of the pain and being sick I would finally fall asleep.  And when I woke up the pain in my eye was gone, but my head still hurt.  That would usually last hours.  I have been admitted to the emergency room several times because the pain would not go away.  I have tried everything.  Oxygen would do nothing for me.  Imitrex saves me everytime.  Thank god for it!  I get scared that they will someday come back in clusters.  This is pain I would not even wish on my worst enemy.  No one I know suffers from this.  I had no idea that this website existed.  I wish I would have known about sooner.  Although I am not as bad as I used to be with clusters, I would like to help people that are and give them any advice I can.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

Re: About Me
« Reply #1 on: Jun 8th, 2004, 8:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Jamie!

Good to have you aboard. Help away, there are always new people here who need help and advice

Wendy
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 9th, 2004, 11:50am »

Greetings ...

Yes Imitrex is great..however it is NOT the only treatment available. Do you have any Preventative medications? Verapamil works for many, it takes a while to build up in your system and sometimes the side effects can be troublesome but the latter are FAR less of a problem than the CH pain. Stick around...live, learn and hopefully contribute to the betterment of life for someone in worse shape. Smiley Wink

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 9th, 2004, 4:59pm »

Welcome to the neighborhood.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Jamie.

Glad you found this site. It is a great place for those of us who suffer with Clusters knowing you are not the only one in the world who gets them. As i'm sure you're finding out, everyone has different remedies for both preventing & aborting clusters. That's what makes this whole messed up headache thing so difficult to deal with. In my case, I agree with you. Imitrex is the ONLY thing that works for me most times. O2 & Amerge are a 50/50 chance of it actually doing any good. I've never found a prevent that works. You may want to try getting a script for 02 as it will a least reduce the amount of Imitrex you take.

Hope you get a super long pain free time.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 12:51am »

Welcome aboard, Jamie

Stay in touch.....let us know how you're doing.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 12:58am »

on Jun 8th, 2004, 4:32pm, Jamiecolt wrote:
 IMITREX IS THE BEST.

sayyes
Welcome

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 4:21am »

Welcome aboard.  I never used Imitrex.  I got hit hard during my first visit to the neuro (what a great stroke of luck) and he had some Zomig NS samples.  He gave me one right then and there and it worked like a charm.  So I use Zomig NS.  From what I understand about insurance compaines and trex, I lucked out on the Zomig.

I used to say that about never wishing this on my worst enemy.  Now there is an ever growing list of people I would inflict gladly.

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss