Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « what a place you have here! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   what a place you have here!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what a place you have here!  (Read 235 times)
seannap
New Board Newbie
USA 

irisheyesasmile@yahoo.com  
Email

what a place you have here!
« on: Jun 12th, 2004, 12:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all.  Just came across this site, and have been smiling and crying - reading through some of the posts - knowing that there are others out there in the same spot as me.

I was diagnosed just a few months ago with chronic CH.  I have been having the headaches for about a year now, and until recently (got put on celebrex) was having them 3-5 times a day.  Fortunately, Celebrex keeps em at bay most of the time, but I still suffer a couple a week.

No one around me understands the emotional strain this is... wondering when the next one will come on... wondering if I will be able to sleep through the night.

and thinking that this could be a life long condition scares that bajeezes out of me.... I keep hoping that it really isn't CH.. that something 'fixable' is wrong with me... or at least something that people know and understand.  Is that silly? Undecided

I am fortunate.  I have a very compassionate man and family... they really do try... but I feel very alone when it comes to my headaches.  Which, probably like most of you, is why I am here.  I am hoping that I can learn through some of your experiances, how to keep life going, and being a stronger person.

I look forward to meeting ya'all!
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: what a place you have here!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 12:27am »

Nice to have you here!

I am episodic... used to get all bent out of shape each time they came to visit, but now, pretty much due to the folk on this site, just take it in stride.  Hate to say it, but I am a very fortunate CH sufferer on the whole scheme of things.  

Welcome to the site!
Lobstah
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 1:30am »

Hello seannap

on Jun 12th, 2004, 12:15am, seannap wrote:
Hello all.  Just came across this site, and have been smiling and crying - Yeah, that happens a lot
No one around me understands the emotional strain this is... That happens a lot too. wondering if I will be able to sleep through the night.And that happens a lot

and thinking that this could be a life long condition scares that bajeezes out of me....or at least something that people know and understand.  Is that silly? UndecidedNope
but I feel very alone when it comes to my headaches. We have all felt that Which, probably like most of you, is why I am here. Yep, us too I am hoping that I can learn through some of your experiances, how to keep life going, and being a stronger person.

I look forward to meeting ya'all!There's a Cluster Convention soon in Nashville. You can meet a whole bunch of headaches all at the same time.

Welcome to the board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 1:33am »

Well, howdy there!  Welcome to the message board.     Sorry you had a reason to come looking, but damn glad you found us.  It is not silly to wish there was something more tangible was wrong with you.  I found myself hoping there was something on my MRI that could be treated.  I really hate it when I get told, "We can't find anything wrong with you."  People fussed at me for feeling that way, but I'd rather have something that has a cause and a cure than this crap.

It's good to have a supportive family.  My wife and this website are literally the two things that have kept me alive through all this.  I look at the people on this message board as part of a dysfunctional family and I am proud to be a member of it.

Gator
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 7:21pm »

Welcome to the board,

For knowledge of CH, you've come to the right place.

I think most of us have had all the feelings you are experiencing.  However, knowing that you're not alone is worth alot.

Usually someone here 24/7.   Stay with us and let us know how things are going for you.  

I see you are in Washington State.  Not many folks here are in your area.  However, Michelle (mastifflvr2Cool) is in the Seattle area.  You might get w/her via email or im.
She is a really sweet lady, and active on the BOD for OUCH.  Michelle is a great supporter and can give you very good advice about CH.

I will encourage you to meet another w/CH.  It's an experience you'll never forget.

PF vibes,

Jean
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2004, 7:28pm by TxBasslady » IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 8:43pm »

Welcome to the board!
And hope to meet you too...maybe in Nashville???

Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss