Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new and need advice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new and need advice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new and need advice  (Read 276 times)
anni
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

new and need advice
« on: Jun 12th, 2004, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone - First of all, I want to express my sympathy to all of you who suffer from these things - I hope there will be a magic cure someday.  

I came across your site while doing some research about a headache I had, and I thought someone out there might have some thoughts regarding my situation.  Is it possible to have just one cluster headache?  I know that sounds silly, but this headache I got had all of the symptoms of a cluster headache, but it only happened once.  I was on a plane at the time, so I figured it had something to do with the pressure - until I read someone's message about checking in the mirror expecting blood to be pouring from his eye, which is exactly what I did.  

It was sudden, severe pain in my right eye and across the bridge of my nose, I soon got very hot and shaky and struggled to unzip my jacket, and take a drink of water, my nose started running, and I was afraid I was going to pass out.  I am generally a very tolerant person who deals with stuff, but I was ready to get the flight attendant because I really thought something in my head had exploded.  I was sitting there trying to take deep breaths and wondering what they would do if I collasped while the plane was trying to land.  And then it went away.  Weird.

Thanks for any response you may have to my story.  If nothing else, I can tell you that I will appreciate the struggle that anyone who has cluster headaches goes through from now on.
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

Re: new and need advice
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 8:46pm »

Read all the information you can to the left.
See a doctor.
And pray it was just a one time deal, and that you don't have Cluster Headaches.

Best of Luck.............Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 11:28pm »

Hi Anni,

I hope you're doing better.  By definition, cluster headaches do not occur as a single event.  Unfortunately, I don't make the rules... check here for a brief description:

http://www.hospital-doctor.co.uk/hd_news/hd_news_article.asp?ID=2498& ;Section=Feature

However, I suppose it is possible that it could have been your very first cluster headache... in which case you should prepare for many more bad ones yet to come.  Hopefully this is not the case and your pain will disappear.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 1:50pm »

Hi anni,

No one has just one cluster headache.  I wonder if it was a pressure on your sinus type thing?  You did say you were in an airplane.  How long ago did this happen?  And it never happened before or since?  

Like Little Deb said, read and familiarize yourself with the stuff on the left and see a doctor.

Gator
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 3:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Anni

I apologise in advance but I can't find the link I thought I had saved about exactly this type of headache as we had a person on our Helpline who had exactly the same problem..
You may be able to find it if you surf around flying and headaches, but there is a very particular type of headache that occurs in some people when they fly. It is a single event headache that only occurs in susceptible people when they fly. More than this I can't remember, but it WAS something to do with cabin pressure and sinuses and the Trigeminal nerve.

Sorry this sounds so woolly, but it isn't an indication of Clusters, more a suggestion that you should talk to a neuro about this before you fly again.

Wendy
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2004, 3:03pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss