Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Let me introduce myself... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Let me introduce myself...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Let me introduce myself...  (Read 242 times)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Let me introduce myself...
« on: Jun 14th, 2004, 9:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
I never introduced myself when I joined this list. Was in major panic mode as I'm sure many have been before.

I am a 30 yr. old Special Education Teacher/ Behavior Analyst. I currently run "home programs/schools" for newly diagnosed children (babies) with Autism and consult for families, as well as lecture/run clinincs/training series for new teachers in my field.

I've had these headaches for nearly a decade and they only seemed to come in the spring and fall ( Iguess that is my cycle) and would just wake me up in the middle of the night. They never effected me during "waking" hours until this time last year and are doing so again NOW. They would bring me to my knees but honestly I just would suck them up. I would pace, tie a bandana around my head as tight as I could, use steam yet I never did anything about them until last year. I finally went to a Dr. and told me it was allergies. Ran tests not Neurologicals or anything to do with headaches but allergy tests. He made suggestions. So I followed them. The problem is or was that by the time the " suggestions" worked my cycle was over. So was it due to allergies? NOPE!!!!! Again they occurred so I tried all the Dr's recommendations and this time nothing.  
NOTHING helped. None of the medicines that would treat my problem alleviated the headaches or prevented them.
NOT ALLERGIES!
I'm currently going through my recent cycle.
Been a doozy and I've been up what seems like for days. Almost become afraid to sleep because they will attack!!! I'm burning out since they come during the day as well and I can't rest at all.
It has effected my whole life. I feel tremendously guilty because my fiance has to see me pacing around in tears and there is nothing she can do. That's the worst thing. I thing not feeling helpless yourself but the one you love feeling helpless. Atleast that's how I see it.
IT also has been effecting my work, I can't think so I can't teach or I can't sit still or get my mind off these damn headaches!!!!! I feel guilty that I can't treat my students and provide the best that I know how! Sad

Anyway...
 I have my first visit to the Neurologist (hope she's good) today. I was lucky to have some strings pulled to go see her. I called dozens and they all said not for months Angry. Well that sucks becaus eby then they'll be gone!!!!! And I will go about life as usual untill the next attack. Hard not to be cynical!!

So I just wanted to thank everyone and introduce myself.
I'm a good guy who just wants to help.
Thanks again!! Cheesy
Eric/ E/ E-Double/ Whatever ya want to call me!! Be well
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: Let me introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 9:26am »

Well Hello and welcome!

You have a tough job - I couldn't do it.

Nice to meet you!

tina Kiss
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 10:36am »

Hello E-Double,

Gee, you're one tough dude to go through 10 years of these things without a proper diagnosis or treatment.

Hopefully, this doctor can help you with proper medications.  Hopefully again this neurologist specializes in "headaches", otherwise, you still might not receive the proper treatment.

Imitrex stat dose shots are very effective in a work environment as they will abort my headaches in less than 5 minutes.  The other forms of imitrex (with exception of perhaps the nasal spray) are just too slow.  If this is appropriate for you, have them give you a couple samples to try.  Verapamil is another preventative that a lot of us use.

Click onto the O2 section to your left.  This works for many.  Good luck and let us know how you Dr's visit had gone.

John
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2004, 11:10am by Giovanni » IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 10:46am »

Hiya mate.  Good to have ya here.  

Treatments abound... both preventative and abortive.  Read up in the meds sections.  Lots of fine people here to help you make the best of a nasty condition.  

Best of luck buddy, and welcome!
Wrokk!
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 2:28pm »

http://www.future-drugs.com/admin/articlefile/ERN020304.pdf
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss