Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 10:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member - fellow sufferer... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New member - fellow sufferer...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member - fellow sufferer...  (Read 240 times)
Dorothy
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Veteran CH victim

New member - fellow sufferer...
« on: Jun 25th, 2004, 1:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm sad to see that there are so many people with the dreaded demon cluster.  I'm 56 and have suffered with episodic clusters since the age of 19.  Nothing works.  Over the years I've had wonderful support and understanding from a super husband and family but "outsiders" simply don't understand and think I just have a low pain threshold!  If they only knew.... Nice to know I'll be able to offload to people who really know what it's like.  My last episode was in December - had to cancel Christmas - now I should be safe for another 18 months (ish) I was given an oxygen cylinder just as the daily torture was waning, having reached a tremendous crescendo, so didn't really get a chance to try it out properly on a really bad one.  Hope to hear from some of you.  Good vibes to all your heads, eyes, leaking nostrils, etc.  Love Dorothy
P.S  God help the chronic sufferers XX
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: New member - fellow sufferer...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 2:26pm »

on Jun 25th, 2004, 1:07pm, Dorothy wrote:
Good vibes to all your heads, eyes, leaking nostrils, etc.  Love Dorothy

LMAO!!

Welcome aboard...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Dorothy
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Veteran CH victim

Re snowman melting
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 2:31pm »

the white goes to my left eye during CH!
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 2:36pm »

Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 3:57pm »

Stick around and read up and maybe we can find something that will help.
I went 18 yrs without relief till I found this place.

And yes. We KNOW your pain threshhold is VERY high.
IP Logged

Chris
Maria_Scala

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 8:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Dorothy:
I've had clusters for 25 years, since I was 10, am 35 now.  I went through the same things, and I still have family members that tell me to go buy some excedrin migraine.  There's some great info here on this site.  To be honest, I suffered without proper medication and loneliness until 4 years ago, when I found this site. What a blessing.  There's great support here and a lot of information to help you. There's even information you can print and give to friends and family to better help them understand what this disorder is really all about.  Best wishes!
IP Logged
Dorothy
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Veteran CH victim

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 1:48pm »

Thanks for the reply Maria - I'm really pleased to have found the site and have already picked up lots of information.   Having others in the same boat helps, even though you don't wish them to have the pain.  Hope you stay pain free for the longest time.......
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 4:53pm »

Hi Dorothy - like you, I too have suffered with this for 30 plus years.  I had hoped that once I reached my 50's it might go the way of my migraines but now I'm in my 60's and it hasn't happened yet.

I thank God daily for this board and all the wonderful people that reach out to each of us.

Hang around - you'll find a ton of good information and lots of hugs and vibes when needed.

Carol
IP Logged
Dorothy
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Veteran CH victim

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 5:06pm »

Hi Carol,

I thought my CH would wane as I got older but this last hellish episode I had at Christmas was harder to cope with and I wonder if in the past i have been able to bounce back quicker from each bout because of being younger and now it's gonna take longer..... I was so weak for a few weeks after the pain had gone, I forgot was it was like to be well.  I'm ok now and have started a new job but dread the next episode because I'll be a dead weight at work when it comes.  Anyway, great hearing from you.

Dorothy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss