Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Glad to know I'm not alone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Glad to know I'm not alone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Glad to know I'm not alone  (Read 278 times)
mystorm
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad to know I'm not alone
« on: Jun 29th, 2004, 9:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am so glad to have found this site and know that I am not alone!  I read about the site in this past Sunday's paper.  I have been suffering from daily headaches for almost 10 years.  This last group hit me in February and haven't had much relief since then.  There is a constant shadow and the pain varies in intensity throughout the day.  Take preventive meds morning and night and take other stuff during the day just to knock back the pain so I can get out of bed.  I really do feel like I am going crazy some days!  Over the years I have tried all kinds of med combinations, a no sugar diet, no meat diet, yoga, meditation, chiropractic treatments, massage..  This current cycle I am in is the worst ever.  I can tell that if I stop taking any of the meds, I might as well forget getting out of bed.  It was the first time that I had to go to the emergency room - 2 x in one weekend.  Prednisone was the only thing to give me some relief.  I was on it way too long.  I think over 2 months before being put on my current combination-depakote, atenolol, nasonex, singulair.  Maxalt knocks it back.  Believe it or not Excedrin knocks it back for about an hour or two.  It used to work much better with what was probably more migraines in the past.  I also at times take Benadryl to help with some of the allergy type symptoms - and to help get to sleep at night.  My doctor has mentioned oxygen.  I see him tomorrow and will ask about it more seriously as this seems to work for many of you.  Thanks so much for all of you sharing your stories.  I am just know starting to read them!
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

Re: Glad to know I'm not alone
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 9:59pm »

Welcome to the board.  There is alot of valuable information here and some very wonderful people and supporters.

check out the OUCH site too.
  www.clusterheadaches.org

The OUCH convention is in 2 weeks in Nashville!  Info on the OUCH site.

Big Hugs .................Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 11:11pm »

Welcome . . . I am sorry to hear you're having such a time . . .
I noticed you said you take benedryl and excedrin . . .there are quite a few posts about rebound headaches from over the counter drugs . . .and I know D couldn't take anything like that . . .just a thought?
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 4:05am »

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear that you're hurting.

Something you said has me puzzled.........
Take preventive meds morning and night and take other stuff during the day just to knock back the pain so I can get out of bed.
and I might as well forget getting out of bed.

I have never heard of a cluster sufferer that had trouble getting out of bed.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 5:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sounds like Migraines, not CH.

What are the symptoms of an attack and how do you address them?
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2004, 5:36am by don » IP Logged
mystorm
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 8:29pm »

I have been diagnosed with migraines and that is what the past ten years have been like.  This bout started in Feb or March and there is always a presence or shadow of pain mostly on my right side.  The pain is worse than I have ever experienced with a migraine.  When it first started, every time I tried to get off the prednisone, the headache was painfully back within hours even in the er the pain was never completely gone.  I always felt the shadow of it only to return and build as I was walking out the door.  The only thing that really knocked it back not got rid of it was the prednisone.  I was then put on the depakote and atenolol combo and this what I call manages the pain by keeping it to just a shadow and I ride the roller coaster all day with  the intensity of pain which I never allow to go to far and take mostly excedrin and maxalt for.  I don't really believe in the "rebound" headaches at least in my case.  I have hardly gone a day without headaches in the last 10 years and excedrin was the only thing that would knock most of them back.  Now this weird bout has gotten me puzzled as I could always at least pretty much get rid of the headaches and then only had a few bad ones a month.  I am hoping that I don't have cluster headaches believe me.  And hope that some kind of break is in sight.  Thanks for listening!
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #6 on: Jul 2nd, 2004, 3:29am »

I hope you don't either....
IP Logged

Chris
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 2nd, 2004, 8:11am »

Never had over the counter drugs help me.
IP Logged
paulcz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:34pm »

I came to this site when I was doing some internet research.  I too am glad I'm not alone.  

I am a 57 yr old college math teacher that has had CHs since my 30's.  Most start at 2:30AM or 3:00PM.  They last about 2-3 hours.  I usually wake up (in the AM) and walk the house; frequently I walk and hit or press hard on my forehead or top of my head.  I have the CHs every day for a few months and then they just stop.  The longest I was free of CH was five years.  Then they came back.  I have been free of CHs for about 3 weeks now after having them for months.

My wife and I have been married for 34 yrs but the CHs cause lots of stress for us at times.  Frequently she will say something similar to,  "Another headache!!  Will you be out for 3 hours again?  Can't your doctor give you anything to prevent them?? "  If I were her I probably would act and feel the same as she does.

I agree with some comments I have read here.  The term 'headache' just does not fit the pain involved.  I wish another term would have been used to describe the condition.

Wishing well to all
Paul C
IP Logged

Paul Cz
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:52pm »

Paul, welcome . .sorry you are a member of this lil ole club . . .but there are some fantastic people here *smiles*
Maybe your wife can come here sometime, and look around . .read a little . . it can really change how a person looks at (and feels about) CH . . .
I hope your p/f time lasts forever . .  
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 1:44am »

on Jul 5th, 2004, 9:34pm, paulcz wrote:
I came to this site when I was doing some internet research.  I too am glad I'm not alone.  

I am a 57 yr old college math teacher that has had CHs since my 30's.  Most start at 2:30AM or 3:00PM.  They last about 2-3 hours.  I usually wake up (in the AM) and walk the house; frequently I walk and hit or press hard on my forehead or top of my head.  
Paul C

Hope you find some ideas here about what to try next. Have you visited clusterbusters.com?

Pam
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss