Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 10:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just want to say Thank You !!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just want to say Thank You !!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just want to say Thank You !!!!  (Read 221 times)
nollat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Just want to say Thank You !!!!
« on: Jul 8th, 2004, 3:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First off...... I am so glad that I found this site. Thanks to all of the people who put this together!! It's relief in itself to know that you're not alone while enduring the pain!  

My history.... I was diagnosed with migraines at the age of 12 and it was determined that they were due to hormone changes. I suffered with these every month until I became pregnant with my son (now 11).. It was such a relief when the migraines left me and I never thought I would/could experience pain worse than those.  

About 4 years ago I began having headaches only during Spring and Fall season changes. I was about to find out that this pain would be 50 times worse than any migraine I have ever endured! I chalked it up to migraines again or some kind of off the wall allergy to weeds that only bloomed during this time. The headaches lasted for about 6/8 weeks and then I wouldn't expereince any pain for the next 6 months. But like clockwork... they always returned. I never sought help for these monsters... I just delt with the pain, due to the assumption that they were migraines... I didn't pay attention to the differences... and there are MANY differences... like black & white..  

I haven't had an episode for about 9 months and thought that for whatever reason, the headaches had subsided......WRONG !! This last session began about 2 months ago... and has steadily gotten worse....more headaches a day, no relief.  After finding your site and researching other info on the web I now know that I have CH. The pain is worse than anything I have ever gone through and like most, wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.  

I do have an appointment with a Neurologist and am very excited about the info on O2 !!  I've been sucking down so many Goody's/BC powders,  that I will probably end up with ulcers !!  

The hardest part of having these monster headaches is that my 11 year old son sees me go through this and will actually sleep beside me on the floor while I'm "rocking" my pain away.... he won't leave my side, even makes me hot tea to try to ease my pain. There are nights where he prays aloud for God to lay His hands on me and make the pain go away. My heart breaks for him as he cries with his mother for God to make it better.  

Once again ... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. To keep researching and finding answers to this unimaginable curse.  

Cool

IP Logged

Jeremiah 29:11
thomas

Email

Re: Just want to say Thank You !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Drink that hot tea, it may help.  Many get relief by drinking hot coffee or tea at the onset.  Welcome aboard, sorry you have to be here.
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #2 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 3:14pm »

Hi Nollat welcome to the board but sorry you're suffering so much at the moment. From what you said in your post it certainly could well be clusters that you have-sadly! It's  good that you're seeing a neuro very soon because it helps if you get officially diagnosed. It sounds like you've read around the site already but keep reading as there is lots of great info here! Hope you get some relief soon!

Filbert
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 4:06pm »

Migraine-schmigraine...
Welcome.
Sorry to hear you had to meet the beast.
The story about your kid is heartbreaking.
Read up here as much as possible. Being an informed patient is your best defense and relief is possible!
IP Logged

Chris
nollat
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 5:03pm »

Thank all of you for your repsonses !! I will keep comging back for more info and updates! And also to continue to meet friends!  

Thank you for the support! It does make a difference when people around you know and understand what you are struggling with.  

Candace
IP Logged

Jeremiah 29:11
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:16pm »

on Jul 8th, 2004, 3:02pm, nollat wrote:
I've been sucking down so many Goody's/BC powders,  that I will probably end up with ulcers !!  

Candace,  

Don't compound your problems...

Welcome aboard and good luck with the appt!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 8:54pm »

Hi Candace,

Welcome to the board.  I'm so sorry you have to be here, though.  Good you have an appt. with a neuro.  Be educated when you go.  Take printouts of some of the linked articles and advocate for yourself.

In addition to O2, there are plenty of meds that many find effective for preventing and aborting CH.

Like your son, my daughter (now 20) and husband are constantly talking to a higher power when I'm in cycle - hoping that something will stop my suffering.  Sometimes I feel as bad for them as I do for myself.

Hang in there, learn as much as you can, and stay with your new friends on this board.  You'll get more support than you ever thought possible.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 9:35pm »

I second what Superpain said . . .my heart is breaking for your son  . . .I'm so sorry you are being hit so hard.

Glad you are seeing a neuro . . .

BC's didn't help D . . .and lots of otc stuff causes rebound h/as ..  

*positive light and energy* (for you and your son)
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 8:57pm »

WELCOME CANDACE!!! Grin

........................alley Cool
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss