Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 7:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ....from Montreal... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ....from Montreal...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ....from Montreal...  (Read 313 times)
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

after 15 years  finally found a name for the beast

Email

....from Montreal...
« on: Jul 18th, 2004, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A big hello to everyone, first thank you so much for all the great info and data I was able to find here...It's nice to find a place where people really know what we go through,and are able to understand the true nature of the beast.I have only been diagnosed may 2004, but have been getting HeadAches for 15 years so It's a very big releif to finally have tools to control what had been controling or at least regulating my life! The neuro prescribed me imitrex nasal and injetion witch I started right away, Iwas already weeks into what was yet to be another infernal cycle...and it WORKED....for the first time something worked.I had figured out  years ago that no regular medication worked for me, so i just stopped trying and just changed mostly my lifestyle, so I  got some results with that but still got hits... Also got o2 witch is truly amazing for me so far;I've managed to stop all attacks with o2 wether it was a K2 or K8 beast... so I haven't had a K10 in 6weeks!...OUF! This cycle I think is ending anyway so I'll be back to just auras and shadows ...unless the verapamil I started kicks in.   I've seen quite an evolution over the years in the inensity.In the first 5yrs, I would only get hits between 7 to 9pm (happy hour after work helping!) and they would last 30to45min ,and were about K7 on an average. By 3o yrs old, the pain intensified and got told it was my wisdom teeth...so out they went ...and still got HA!! In fact they kept on getting worst every year!In 2001 had never felt anything like that so went to emergency to be told there was nothing to do...it was migrain , to try to sleep!!!Since then I seem to have developed 2 cycles a year of 8 to 12 weeks, and all year, auras and shadows that out of cycle come day or night. I also now get hit all the time, day ,night and waking up!  My CH is on the right side and nasal bolckage and upper jaw numbing /tingling/pain setting sensations are the first warning...then some eye action (like niagara falls for me), and then the big nails coming in and poking ; one on temple, one in inner corner of eyebrow and also a four edged jagged dagger that just goes through my head.. At that point I usually get nausea, phono/ photofobia ,and very sensitive(even my cat cant touch me  nor miaow ).After tightness intensifies down into throat, cold/hot sweats ,heart pumping, some  fine needles also come in action .all this can last between 5to 50mins....Then comes in the BIG BANG for me. Take all the above symptoms and a few more ,and wire them to to a trigger that releases 220volts...and BZZZZZ,BBZZZZ ................................. That will get me howling , banging, rollin around and of course   vomiting to crown it all! So with  with 3 attacks a day in peak season, it's like a full-time job in itself!  After big attacks i'm disfonctional, disfigured, and it feels like a hurricane went through my body.these big hits will persist about 4 weeks per cycle. I've travelled in 40some countries and have had hits in most of them ,so climat has no incidence on my HA.It can happen anywhere anytime ;car ,airplane restaurant ,there are no rules! Its amazing to see how powerfull i can feel when without HA and how weak , distressed and powerless i feel during an attack!    Now at least I feel better equiped to fight the beast (3 cheers for o2...!!!) ,   Any other montrealers..? must be , is there anything done in these parts ...? Voila for now...a bientot.........Axel.
IP Logged

.......ciao... AXEL.......
bluesunshine
New Board Junior
Canada 

Re: ....from Montreal...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2004, 10:26pm »

Welcome Axel,

What a feeling to finally put a name on these HA!.  And now here on this site, you are no more alone!  Maybe we could meet us and some other clusterheads living in montreal area... never met one YET!  Just an idea.

Salut

blue

IP Logged
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2004, 10:56pm »

Hey  bluesunshine ,well there are others up here... could be interesting to meet another CH'er live...have never met another yet! So sure ...anytime. I live and work right downtown and have wheels if out in the suburbs... My e-mail is avail. , alors au plaisir.        AXEL
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2004, 11:04pm by Axel » IP Logged

Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 2:53pm »

Hey guys... I'm so glad to see you here... Though the reason is sad Sad  You both find the right place for support and to find a second family... I'm from Montreal and I've been diagnosed on march 2004... We got a nice community and family on clusterheadaches.ca... the board is less crowded but the people there are so great... Come on... bring you ass there... In the last two weeks I've met two clusterheads... One from Montreal... Nimbus... hes's on the canadian board only and one from Trois-Rivières, Ann.... I live in Terrebonne just 15 minutes from Montreal... I'll be willing to join the group for a little meeting anytime... I'm out of the town for the week but next week... I'll be avalaible for a coffe anytimeWink

See you dude...

Pegase
IP Logged
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 3:23pm »

...Hey Pegase,nice to meet you ,have already been to ch.ca and am a new member also.I've been browsing not to say whoring around in different sites...ha,ha...I'd be willing to meet anytime ,never met another  CH'er before...so lets figure a date and place   that good for everyone. Anyone else interessted do join in.......  .             ...Axel.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss