Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 1:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « i'm driving myself and my husband crazy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   i'm driving myself and my husband crazy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i'm driving myself and my husband crazy  (Read 380 times)
ortizd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

i'm driving myself and my husband crazy
« on: Jun 15th, 2005, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i've had a headache for several weeks now. this has happened to me before, but after spending way too much money on a CT with normal results, the headaches going away, and being pain free...i figured it was just something i was going through and i was finished with.  well, their back. i have had so much anxiety with this series because people who die from Aneurisms caplain about headaches. well all i have done so far is drive myself and my husband crazy. i wake up during the middle of the night, pace around the house, drink some water, look at the pain medicine but don't take it because the pain just comes back, complain about my head hurting daily. the pain is on one side of my head...behind my eye (tried over the counter pain killers - work- but not for long - useless)...in my sinuses (tried sinus and allergy medication for these symptoms - useless), i can make it through an 8 hour soccer camp with 8-10 year olds, but i can't make it through the night. I hate this and i need some support. I am going back to the doctor - and old family doctor to get his opinion and hopefully a good diagnosis. However, as soon as i read about these syptoms and how others were affected - i felt an instant connection. I can't talk to my husband about this without him getting upset or saying just go to the doctor, but i don't blame him because it's everyday that i complain about my head hurting lately and it's something i have come to hate too. when will it end? Please reply with any empathy or helpful advice.  
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

Re: i'm driving myself and my husband crazy
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 9:41pm »

Hi ortizd...sorry that you  had reason to find this site, but welcome.  It would be a good idea to take the cluster quiz (link on the left) and also check out as much of the info on this site as you can before you see your doc again.  Many of us have good luck using oxygen.  That link will give you some specific advise on how it should be used to abort cluster headaches.  The more info you can take into your doctor, the better he/she will be able to help you.   You may need to see a neurologist though to get a correct diagnosis.  So read, read, read and go to see your doc armed with as much info as possible.  Good luck, and I hope you get a handle on your headaches soon.
Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
ortizd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 11:10pm »

i took the quiz. passed with flying colors. i'll check out oxygen. thanks for the advice.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 4:54am »

Hey ortized,
You passed the test? Sorry to hear that. We all hoped you'd flunk. But, if clusters are what you have this is the best place on the planet to be. Lots learn.
If the 'old family doctor' doesn't give you a good diagnose have him/her refer you to a neurologist.

Kyle Texas? Did you know there is a Cluster Convention about to happen in Dallas? You'll learn alot and meet some strange wonderful people there that understand clusters.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 5:56am »

on Jun 15th, 2005, 9:25pm, ortizd wrote:
I can't talk to my husband about this without him getting upset or saying just go to the doctor, but i don't blame him because it's everyday that i complain about my head hurting lately and it's something i have come to hate too.  

There is a supporter section on the message board. Have your husband read there so he can better understand what you're going through and how he can help.

Good luck at the doc appt, & keep us posted.
Jose
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 10:50am »

Welcome, but so sorry that you had a reason to find us.  All good advise above just thought I would add that if you are getting woke up at night.  Maybe you could try Melatonin 6-9 mg to aide you in sleep.  Many say thay have had a lot of success with it.  Hopefully let you get some sleep so that you have the strength and rest to battle with the Beast. hug

PF wishes.................Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

-Re: i'm driving myself and my husband crazy
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 11:05am »

ortized -

Your should find a neurologist that treats headaches and if possible is treating Clusher Headaches.

I had terrible experiences for my first two years - going undiagnosed - because I worked with an internal med. and neurologist that were completely unfamiliar with the condition.

It's a good idea to get the right help as well as support.  

Welcome abord the pain train.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
cheNY
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

psbmedic
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 11:49am »

Hi, sorry about the CH's.  There is a lot of good advice here. read, read, read.....  knowledge is power.  Get some O2 for nights, Imitrex is great & extremely successful, try it.  Injections is the only thing that works for me as far as Imitrex.  I've use prednisone, a steroid, which worked great.  Stay away from narcotic analgesics, they make them worse.  if you can research a headache clinic in your area, they are probably the most informed as far as CH's.  Good luck.  It gets better.
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 1:08pm »

welcome sorry your here but at least you now know your not alone ,i remember that instant connection feeling i got when i found this place and it pretty much saved my sanity , the people here are all good folk and will listen nad help in anyway they can the answers are all over the place theres chat area and links to all you could ever want to know . i can relate to the husband thing my wife has a very hard time dealing with my pain mostly cause she know theres little she can do she yet to come on here and read anything wich for me is cause friction between us try to get him to come on here .
at least we are here for you someone will reply to a question or we will just listen to ya talk , keep thge faith and be strong band fallow sugestions when ever you can
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 1:09pm »

sorry about the spelling my keyboard cant spell well
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 2:39pm »

In today's complex medical world, old family docs are only attractive for Norman Rockwell paintings. If you have no choice, i.e., you can't find or don't have access to a doc EXPERIENCED in treating headache, then you will have to say with this man and educate him. But first, try and find experience....

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

Let us know what our specific needs are to help guide us in our suggestions.

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2005, 8:18am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

« Reply #11 on: Jun 26th, 2005, 9:33pm »

That was a great paper, I saved it to read before I go to Emory next week for a NEW neurologist.  I have something NEW going on at the trigeminal nerve, very unCH like, and we need to get things straight.  I had a neuro here, and he was such a circular sphincter at the exit to the large intestine (for some reason, we can say the f word here, just not the A word, go figure??) What was the DATE of that publication?   I HATE telling doctors how to do their job, but my experience has shown, when you DO tell them you are an educated patient, and they don't have an ego trip, THAT is the kind of guy you want, someone who has great confidence in him/herself, but does not get threatened by you letting them know something that works for YOU

Also, re: my husband.  I think he is just scared about this, and tries not to think about it, I don't have that luxury...

Re: Kim's response, re: the Meletonin, what source do you recommend?  I have been waking up in the middle of the night lately, my seasonal is due in July, and just the past week or so, been waking up about 2am, with a stuffed nostril.  YIKES!!!!  IT'S SO SCAREY JUST WAITING FOR THE BEAST AROUND THE CORNER.
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27th, 2005, 10:43am »

on Jun 26th, 2005, 9:33pm, Leggs wrote:
Re: Kim's response, re: the Meletonin, what source do you recommend?  I have been waking up in the middle of the night lately, my seasonal is due in July, and just the past week or so, been waking up about 2am, with a stuffed nostril.  YIKES!!!!  IT'S SO SCAREY JUST WAITING FOR THE BEAST AROUND THE CORNER.

I get my melatonin from Walgreens and Publix supermarket. You can find it in the vitamin sections of both places. I take 9 mg per night, and I've only woken up before 4:30 am 3 times in the past 2+ week. Most of my dances with the beast these days is at 5 am, so I'm getting 6+ hours of uniterrupted sleep. Makes a HUGE difference for me!
Jose
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 4:13pm »

Quote:

I use the generic brand it is just as good mytwocents Make sure you read the ingredients on the generic to the brand name and if they are the same you are ok with the generic.  I get mine at Walmart by the phamacy where they keep all the vitamins and supplements.

Good luck and PF wishes..........................Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss