Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 5:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « First timer Be gentle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   First timer Be gentle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First timer Be gentle  (Read 387 times)
GYPSY68
New Board Newbie
USA 

I miss me

First timer Be gentle
« on: Jun 16th, 2005, 2:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

New to the board been looking for some others with this evil problem.  Been fighting for 5 years now.  In a profession where I must play the role of SOLID.  My ride home from work is where I pay for the pain because I do now want to place anymore pain on my wife and two children.  I have been able to handle this alone up until now but now I need to interact with my painfull brethren.  Tired of drugs that do not work drugs that make me sick just drugs period. I have a great MD that understands our world but as you all know we are more unknown than AREA 51.  It is 1:17 am and I just won a battle - thats how I play this game - one battle at a time.  I can not wait to read on and finally see that I am not alone.  I feel so out there...
IP Logged
alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

Re: First timer Be gentle
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 4:08am »

hey gypsy, I'm relatively new here also but can tell you that the people here are the best in the world. they have quickly become family, which is a statement i do not take lightly. the information available here is awesome. what are you on for med's do you have o2 i finally got it and can't believe the difference it makes. take care and let us know how you're doing      Grin     jim
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 6:05am »

Hey, like Alchemy, I'm pretty new here too, and like him, I also got Oxygen after finding this site, and it's amazing. My headaches never pass kip 4 now, where before my standard was kip 8.

I won my last battle at 5:20 am, and didn't want to go back to sleep cause I know if I do, another battle must be fought.

Good luck,
Jose
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 7:32am »

Hi Gypsy, I just read you're "I miss me" and it brought a lump to my throat. I know exactly what you mean and I'm so sorry  hug
Get your wife to come and read here, it will help her too - WE will help her too. We all know just how much we need our supporters and they are worth more than diamonds, believe me!
How old are your kids? How many do you have and what are they? Boys, girls or pop stars?!! Grin
What meds are you using, we can help by telling you what we use and how it helps which in turn will give you something to talk over with your doctor. None of us here are doctors and obviously we don't know your medical history but we'll at least give you some ammo!
O2 has already been recommended to you, I'll just add my tuppence ha'penny worth and tell you that it is the single best thing that has happend to me in years! The relief and ecstacy it brought me is beyond describing but I'm sure you can imagine how it feels to have that pain gone and the beast brought to his knees!
I'm glad you have a good doctor, that makes a world of difference.
Anyway I'll shuddup now and let you get a word in edgeways so you can tell us more about you!
Looking forward to hearing from you again
PFDANS
Helen

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 8:30am »

Hey gypsy,

welcome to clusterland! glad you found it. this site has meant finding a world where I can interact with people who deal with the same stuff I do. both in and out of cycle, it does affect your world view some.

now that you've arrived a few things that might help people in their urge to help you (because, everyone here really wishes everyone else could be pain-free).

Are you episodic or chronic?
What medications have you tried? Are you using now?
Tried O2 as an abortive?
Is your doctor a neuro or a general physician?

That'll be a start for the clusterpedia folks to be able to maybe even offer you some suggestions to get through a few battles maybe quicker or easier and leave room for more living life, not just getting through it.

Best regards and fight on!

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 12:50pm »

As well I am new here too. I know the feeling I was in the ring for about 3 hours early this am, and I am paying all day for it. I am glad that I found this place, now I just need a dark place to put my puter in the early am hours, when I can not sit still from the pain. It nice meeting everyone here, when I get home I am going to start my wife reading here.. thanks
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 2:10pm »

Like you I spent a lot of time dealing with this disease on my own.

There's a lot of information and folks that can point you in the right direction or offer support here.    

Welcome to clubbed heads Gypsy68.

Tom  

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17th, 2005, 10:13pm »

welcome here have a seat and sit back and just read and dont stop cause everyone here has something to help someone else theres all kinds of idears and word to help even the worst suffers
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 9:24am »

Gypsy,
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

WE are here with you!!!!!

read , read , read and please tell us a little more about yourself and what meds you are on.

Good for you for winning that 1:17 am battle!!

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Be well and Pain Free,
lionsound
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2005, 9:24am by lionsound » IP Logged
GYPSY68
New Board Newbie
USA 

I miss me

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 10:18pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome....I have found the threads both helpfull and my eyes have been opened wide to a new world of great peeps..I guess I need to chunk some more info about me to yall...If you can be both chronic and episodic I am.  On the kip scale I stay pretty regularly around a 4 but different times during the year (in clusters) I can and do go off the scale.  I have actually learned to live with the chronic not with meds but with mind over matter(which the matter is what is bouncing around in my head).  When I get to where I am walking in a carnival house of mirrors I fight it as long as I can till I can get a day to go get a shot to just put me out cold(1 to 2 days straight).  I have taken many meds but none even tried to work:elevil, depakote, migquin, ketorolac, and many others I cant remember.  O2 ws no help eather.  I also for some reason have a bad thyroid problem which seems to make kip scale jump up(does anyone else have that problem?)  No pain pill has even touched a nerve to help, most pain pills do not even effect me in any way I am a mutant I guess.  My daughter had a softball game the other night and I was coaching third base and I actually kicked the base out of the ground I know everyone thought I was mental but I had to do something.  I made it till the game was over then I went to the car and tried not to cry because I have already missed alot of things my two children I have done because of this crappy evil.
Well thats enough rambling thank you all and I will keep comming back to my new extended family

oh yea topamax did not help eather caused way to many other problems for me
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2005, 10:25pm by GYPSY68 » IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 12:10am »

Hi Gypsy. I know what you're going through as I've been chronic for over 25 years and have 3 boys 25, 24, and 12. Since the world of pharmaceuticals is not working well for you, alternative medicine may be your best option. Prescription meds eventually became ineffective for me and then I found out about Clusterbusters.com. Since visiting the site and reading all of the different options I chose 1 and the results have been a miracle. I'm now in my 12 week of remission. No major hits and no shadows. My whole world has changed for the better and my wife and kids are absolutely pleased with the outcome. If you desire to you can send me an e-mail for more info.
Blessing's and Pain Free Time to YOU! Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 5:35am »

Hi and welcome to the mayhem.
I've dealt with the suckers since May of 69. Which makes me feel old somehow.
These days I use O2 to kill the fuckers. For some reason if they are going to push pass a K-8 O2 doesn't seem to work and I then use Imitrex.
Treating the beast varies from person to person. So read up and hopefully get a life.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss