Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 8:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Living with Pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Living with Pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Living with Pain  (Read 240 times)
Fig
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let It Be

Email

Living with Pain
« on: Jun 19th, 2005, 10:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It doesn't make for a very good time, does it? I only have an occasional cluster. The majority of my headaches are migraines, severe tension headaches and something I haven't got a name for--terrible brain crushing pain, one sided (same side always). I have tgese attacks every day. I need to see my neurologist--I'm overdue for an appointment. I just saw my physician last week, got an Rx for Darvocet. I try all kinds of things to help fight the "knife through my brain" and the throbbing and tightness and "cement-head"-----warm to hot showers, aroma therapy, massage, meditation.  Do any of you find that your symptoms/attacks get worse in Summer, with the heat? Is there anything you do that helps you (other than O2 and meds?) This is such a lonely busuness, and chronic pain is so depressing. Love to you all, and hoping you are having time FREE of pain.
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Living with Pain
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2005, 11:39pm »

Hi fig,
sometimes I find that heat is a trigger.

somethings that help me are.... ice(or bag of frozen peas) on my head eye or neck. Cold air from air conditioning blowing on my face,  going for a swim and putting my head under the cool water....cool showers work too. And if it's not too hot putting my head over a sink full of steam.  

be well and PF,
lionsound
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 6:46am »

I live in Florida, and yes the heat is a trigger for me, between the heat and humidity. I'm also a Manager in a Plastic Mold Injection company, its always hot in the shop, thank God I have an office with a good A/C.  

I never travel to far from the A/C when I am in cycle with my headaches and I have a very dark pair of wrap around sun glasses, the light really does not bother me to much, but it doesn't help neither, if that makes sense.

I do not know about most people here on the board,but the biggest thing with my CH is that it changes from cycle to cycle, differnet things help in differnet cycles.  

Just don't give up and do not think you are alone there is a whole world of people and resourcese here to help you and use them to the fullest.

I wish you PF days in the future.
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 8:22am »

I'm in FLA too, and the heat does make it bad. Ice pack on my temple works OK for me. So does coffee. When I get shadows or feel a headache coming on, I make myself a double espresso (we got a cuban coffee machine in the office!!), put a bit of ice in it, then chug it. Also, I use my fingers to put a lot of pressure on the vein in my temple which throbs during the attack. I keeps the pain down, but if for some reason I let go, or shift the pressure, the rush of blood makes the headache really bad.

O2 is the best, though. Immediately keeps the headache from getting worse, and get completely rid of it in 12-15 minutes.
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 9:06am »

Heat and stress can sometimes be  a trigger for me. Sounds silly, but I keep a package of frozen peas around and slap that sucker on my head and just kind of roll it around.
Good for me that I live in a cool climate and days above 60F are not common around here.
Other than that O2 and Imitrex takes care of just about 100% of my attacks.

Stay in touch
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss