Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 2:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Old Visitor - new member !! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Old Visitor - new member !!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Old Visitor - new member !!  (Read 221 times)
headbanger45
New Board Newbie
USA 

Busted head and rocking

Old Visitor - new member !!
« on: Jul 28th, 2005, 1:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,  
I've been educating myself here for a while, but just joined up. Lots of nice folks with good info - Thanks !
It's been a long road I thought, until I read about the chonic sufferers. Damn, if I could do something to help, I would. My episodes kick my ass, I can't imagine several a day, every day.  
I started my fun 15 yrs. ago. The beast forgot about me for several years, but caught up with me. I do about 2 -3 months a year - same time of the year and same time of the day - evenings or right after I get to sleep.  
Well, these days I take Relpax when I feel it coming and it usually dies out. I take indocin (one 25mg) with every meal, and take one 25mg. Benedryl in the evening. I drop an Advil here and there for shadows. I think my recipe is working, but sure feel over medicated. Doctors make you feel like a guinea pig. Not not telling you anything you don't know, but venting sure feels good.  
Anyway, if I was your President, I wouldn't be spending billions on a war we can't win and billions to send a few folks to space, I would be fixing our bad heads.  
Thanks to the people that put this website up and the people that visit. Really nice to have a place that understands.  

Has anyone seen my left eye, I lost it last night !!  
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

Re: Old Visitor - new member !!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 4:07pm »

Welcome to the zoo, but sorry you have to be here.  I'm not the one to discuss your meds with you, because I'm kinda new at this myself.  If they are working for you, that's great.  Read up on the kudzu on the meds board, and on melatonin to help with sleep at night.  Both have been helpful to me, and they are OTC at your local health food store (heck, I buy Melatonin at my grocery store).

Anyway, everyone here will help you all they can with information.  Just ask.  

Good luck Smiley
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 4:56pm »

I'm no doctor. After 36 years of this crap, what works for me probably won't work for you. So read up all you can on the left, and become an informed patient. Doctors hate that smokin
What works for me is O2 and Imitrex. I had a great deal of success for several years with Verapamil 480Mg a day.
Stick around. With any luck something or someone here will help you lead a "normal" life. Or what passes for one anyway. smug
IP Logged

burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 5:16pm »

Man that's courage - scope this madhouse out and still sign up - I'm impressed.

Sorry ya' had to come aboard by at least you arrived at the right place.  Lots of good info. to absorb and good folks to help ya' when this nightmare gets ya' down.

Best wishes on finding relief.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 6:47pm »

on Jul 28th, 2005, 5:16pm, burnt-toast wrote:
Man that's courage - scope this madhouse out and still sign up - I'm impressed.

Sorry ya' had to come aboard by at least you arrived at the right place.  Lots of good info. to absorb and good folks to help ya' when this nightmare gets ya' down.

Best wishes on finding relief.

Tom

I can't say anymore than what Tom says, the lights are always on here 24/7/365, it helps after a few rounds with the BEAST.

Welcome aboard READ, READ,and READ somemore.  smokin

PFDAN's to YOU !!!
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss