Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 7:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not exactly a newbie, but returning.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not exactly a newbie, but returning..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not exactly a newbie, but returning..  (Read 323 times)
Smurf
New Board Junior

Together, we shall slay the dragon!

Not exactly a newbie, but returning..
« on: Aug 8th, 2005, 1:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all, it's me Smurf, Smiley
I've been away and HA free since 9/2003, but now I'm back.  The CH's started right on cue on 8/01/2005.  So, I'm kind of a newbie.  I've been a CHr since 1984.
IP Logged

It just goes to show ya...where ever you go, there you are.
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Re: Not exactly a newbie, but returning..
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 1:28pm »

Hi Smurf...

I really hate to say Welcome Back, I know the feeling though, I had a break for about 3 yrs and started again on June 1st. Isn't this Damn BEAST goofy.

I hope I am about out of cycle at the end of August, I usually go about 90 days, twice a year.

There is alot of information here I found useful and all the People here are great, weither you need a friend or a supporter or both...  

Sorry you are back, but you found the best site in the world, in my opionion...  

PFDAN's to You !!!!
Charlie

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Smurf
New Board Junior

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 1:45pm »

Hi Charlie,
thanks for the "welcome" back.  Sorry to hear yours last so long.  My do get longer each session.  2003 was 10 weeks, so I figuring (but hoping not!) that I'm in for the long-haul 11-12 weeks - yikes!

Talking to all of you here really helps - to know you're not loosing your mind (necessarily!), and that folks know exactly what you're talking about.  I'm going to snoop around here for possible new coping meds/techniques since 2003.  I'm on O2 and Imitrex, but already found out I need to up my LPM from 8 to at least 15.  My gauge only goes up to 8, so I'll be talking to the Doc about that.
Thanks again!
Smurf
IP Logged

jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 2:10pm »

on Aug 8th, 2005, 1:45pm, Smurf wrote:
Hi Charlie,
thanks for the "welcome" back.  Sorry to hear yours last so long.  My do get longer each session.  2003 was 10 weeks, so I figuring (but hoping not!) that I'm in for the long-haul 11-12 weeks - yikes!

Talking to all of you here really helps - to know you're not loosing your mind (necessarily!), and that folks know exactly what you're talking about.  I'm going to snoop around here for possible new coping meds/techniques since 2003.  I'm on O2 and Imitrex, but already found out I need to up my LPM from 8 to at least 15.  My gauge only goes up to 8, so I'll be talking to the Doc about that.
Thanks again!
Smurf

Yea, there is still alot of information here... Good Luck..

I currently just quit Depakote ER 1000mg a day last week for a Preventive, it was not helping my CH, so the Nero Dr put me on Lithuim 600mg a day, I have not started it yet, probally going to wait till next cycle.

I am using the O2 myself anywhere from 8 to 15 MPL, depends on the BEAST, it helps me about 50% of the time, other wise I just use TREX inj (using the tip to left)to abort the others.

If you do not find what you are looking for, just post a thread and someone will come along and help you out...  

PFDAN's to You !!
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 3:17pm »

sorry your back, yet welcome back, jcmquix is my husband, I'm his supporter, but my door is always open!!  
PFDANS TO YOU & YOURS !!
LOTS OF LOVE & PRAYERS !!
Jolene
IP Logged
Smurf
New Board Junior

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 3:32pm »

Charlie,
I'm on the 600 mg Lithium Carbonate.  It really helped one CH series I was having a few years ago, but I think I was toward the end of the cycle anyway when I started it!  I don't think the Doc ever had me on the stuff you were on - doesn't ring a bell.  But, haven't we all tried (or are willing to) it all?!

Thanks again.  PFDANs to you too!!!
Smurf
IP Logged

marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 3:43pm »

If your doc gives you grief over the LPMs, you can always get your own regulator on e-bay.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 3:45pm »

Welcome back Smurf, sorry about the circumstances.

Best place to be!  PFDAN's to you!  Smiley
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Smurf
New Board Junior

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 4:27pm »

on Aug 8th, 2005, 3:45pm, Jasmyn wrote:
Welcome back Smurf, sorry about the circumstances.

Best place to be!  PFDAN's to you!  Smiley

Jasmyn,
hey thanks for the great idea on the regulator.  Duly noted.  My appt is not until 8/19, but my list of ?? is getting longer for him.

PFDANs to you too!
IP Logged

jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 5:08pm »

on Aug 8th, 2005, 3:32pm, Smurf wrote:
Charlie,
I'm on the 600 mg Lithium Carbonate.  It really helped one CH series I was having a few years ago, but I think I was toward the end of the cycle anyway when I started it!  I don't think the Doc ever had me on the stuff you were on - doesn't ring a bell.  But, haven't we all tried (or are willing to) it all?!

Thanks again.  PFDANs to you too!!!
Smurf

Thats what I was also prescribed, I got the script filled, but I am not going to start it yet, I am trying to wait until my next cycle.  

But I am not so sure, the last few days I have been having really heavy Shadows and I woke up the last 2 nights at the Usual 1am & 3am, just have not had any hard hits yet. I hope I am finished, but if I go about 2 more days I am going to start the Lithuim, atleast at night.

I currently am taking at bedtime: Melatonin 12mg & Benadryl 50mg about 30 minutes before bed, then get a nice relaxing shower, then hit the hay about 10pm. Usually I have been sleeping through the night, but I have been waking up like I said the last 2 nights... So who knows.

I hope you can find relief soon...  

PFDAN's to You !!!
Charlie
IP Logged

Smurf
New Board Junior

« Reply #10 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 8:42am »

laugh
Charlie (& Mrs. Charlie - hi there!),
I went and bought some Melatonin, on your suggestion, but I have to bring it back to the store tonight.  The safety seal was crumpled off when I openned it.  Alas, I was unable to use it last night.  I'm  a lot like you.  I was up at 11:00 pm (about 1 hour after hitting the hay, but wasn't really asleep yet) doin' the dance - literally.  That seems to help - to dance around a bit.  It was kind of moderate and lasted about 10-20 mins.  I had to go to the local Fire Dept. (thank God for small towns) earlier and borrow one of their "baby" O2 tanks.  Long story, but when they changed my insurance at work, things got screwed up with my O2 order, and I have to deal through a new home care company - they better be able to deliver today, or I'm SOL for tonight!!!

PFDAN-Always!
Smurf
IP Logged

jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:02am »

Hi Smurf...

I just wanted to let you know that it may take 3 or 4 days for the melatonin to kick in and start wotking. Make certain that you get 3mg, not 1mg, if you can.

It took about 3 days for me, I am still getting woke up at night, but when I do have a HA its not as bad, but I do sleep through most nights now...its a roller coaster until the cycle is over, I am sure you know that.

PFDAN's to You  
Charlie
IP Logged

Smurf
New Board Junior

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15th, 2005, 1:12pm »

Charlie,
It's Monday, and I've been on the Melatonin since last week.  3mg x 3 at night, along the rest of the crap we all take.  This cycle, I'm getting the HA about 1-1+1/2 after I lay down to sleep.  Thank God last night's was only 10-20 mins.  But, then I was able to sleep right up to the alarm and not have one when I woke up.  No so shadowy during the day, too.

I also changed my diet to that of a hypoglycemic, which I think I am, at least in cycle.  I Googled "hypoclycemic diet" and came up with one.  Luckily, I like healthy food anyway.  THE FIRST DAY I FELT BETTER!  Even with the Lithium, Verapamil, melatonin, anxiety meds, I'm more awake during the day than before - I was passing out at my desk all day and on the 1 hour drive to/from work each day.  I'm staying away, far away from Calcium.  I think my taking Calcium supplements was my trigger this cycle.  (I guess I should have posted this under the treatments board now that I re-read this!) duh
Smurf
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss