Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « thank god »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   thank god
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: thank god  (Read 339 times)
badash
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

thank god
« on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm 24 and have been having these clusterheadaches for six years.  Until now I had no idea what they were.  I was always misdiagnosed as having sinusitis by my general physician who would give my augmenten.  It never really worked.
   This year I went to a ear, nose, and throat doctor who told me it wasn't sinusitis but he then told me to go to the dentist. ...?
   But then I found this sight! I took the quiz and read other sufferers' accounts of pain and mine was almost the exact same.  I still have to go to a neurologist to make sure though if that is where I'm supposed to get diagnosed.  But all the other threads that I have read have been very helpful.  I'm going to try kudzuu and oxygen first because I really dislike the use of chemical medications.  I also wanted to say thank you to all of you for your input and i'm not glad that you all suffer also, but i'm glad that i have found others with this ailment and I'm not alone.    Smiley
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: thank god
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:42am »

Welcome and sucks to join the club yet if you do upon diagnosis....there is no better place!!!

Not all treatments work for everyone and being that you have no meds @ this point nor have you been officially diagnosed, there are a few things that might be able to give you some relief non-medicinally.  

Some tricks that I used to use and sometimes still do are:  
*Wrapping a bandana tightly around my skull (be careful)  
*Filling a sink with scaulding water creating a steam bath and placing my head over it with a towel covering  
it.  
*Going from Steam to Frigid shower.  
*Standing infront of A/C  
*Icepacks or frozen veggies on the back of the neck or eye  
*Tons of STRONG coffee

If you do have the "typical" wake you up in the middle of the night horrors then.... Melatonin might be very helpful  
Many of us (myself included) have found that taking 6-9mg (some take more) about a 1/2 hour to 45minutes prior to bed have Knocked out the night visits and can finally get sleep.  

With the exception of 8-10 times.....I have slept through the night since last August.....Still get hit during the day but my overall quality of life is better because I am not as exhausted all the time.  

Some people report that it seems to make them worse....The fact is that we are all different and respond differently to everything therefore it may or may not...  

The one thing I will tell you as far as my experience was that I had to stick with it...The first night I took melatonin, I was awoken with a doozy only I was too groggy to find my O2 .....It got a lot better for me....I then slept through the night but would get slammed about 1/2 hour after waking up....kinda like knocking the beast off schedule.....then again I was peaking and this cycle has been all over the place with no real pattern.  
I stayed with melatonin and have had decent sleep overall.  

It may help and it is natural with not too many sideeffects....also ask your doctor b/c if there are any side effects or contraindications...I think they have to do with mild depression.....  

Like I said we are all different.  

Best wishes, good luck & stay as positive as you can!!!!  

Eric  
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 3:14pm »

HI! Smiley
 you are exactly right...you need to see a neurologist for proper diagnosis.  Sometimes your GP can do it, but a referral to a knowledgeable neuro is best.

and remember that even though kudzu may not be a prescribed med it you need to use anything new with caution..read up about it and ask your doc if you can.  

Let us know how things turn out Smiley

read more and ask questions too.
Be well and PF!
-lionsound
IP Logged
badash
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 4:06pm »

Thanks for the tips.

I usually get one or two a night and those are the worse.  I'll have to read up on melatonin and see if that works. The coffee thing is what i have been doing during the three or four i get a day already with some breathing exercises and that seems to make them not quite as bad.  I booked a visit to a neoroligist in two weeks so hopefully he or she can help me.  
    I'm also into alternative medacine and was wondering if something like acupuncture has haelped anyone.  Thanks again.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 4:13pm »

Hi badash...I like your name.  Grin  Accupuncture hasn't helped anyone with these. Kudzu is a good alternative treatment as are clusterbuster treatments. Don't forget to print out the oxygen info link on the left and take it with you to your dr. The key to it's effectiveness is doing it right. Slamming a Red Bull at the first sign of a hit helps some folks, too. Keep us posted. pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 4:31pm »

on Aug 9th, 2005, 11:36am, badash wrote:
  This year I went to a ear, nose, and throat doctor who told me it wasn't sinusitis but he then told me to go to the dentist. ...?

Welcome, Badash. If you do go to the dentist, don't let him pull any teeth. I lost my wisdom teeth, they were perfectly good, but during my long trip to getting the correct diagnosis, one doctor thought the wisdom teeth were the cause of my pain. I had them pulled, and kept the headaches!

Melatonin did a lot of good to me. I take 9 mg every night. Make sure that if you do take it, you are regular and take every day at the same time, 30 minutes before going to sleep.
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 10:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome to the clusterclub badash ! You're NOT alone!

Pain Free Wishes,

UNsolved
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 12:40am »

Welcome badash, this is definitely the place to be if you have CH! Smiley
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 8:14am »

Good luck on your diagnosis.  If you have clusters you're in the right place.  There's plenty of information and support here.  It will help when you're working with your Doc.  

God Bless

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
badash
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 1:38pm »

Thank you all for your support and advice. Cheesy
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 10:14pm »

hi and welcome sorry you may fit in here but at least you know you are not alone in this, may suggest clusterbusters.com there are other natural what we call alternative meds out there that have proven very afective for some , they helped me huge and broke my verylong cycle check it out you have nothing to lose by reading all about it, some are posted here as well good luck and pf wishes.
ERICT
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 5:02am »

Hi badash..

Its nice to meet you, sorry its under these conditions....  

Read, Read & Read more... Hope you get Pain Free Soon

PFDAN's
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss