Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It is here again..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It is here again.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It is here again.....  (Read 256 times)
Pedro
New Board Newbie
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

It is here again.....
« on: Aug 16th, 2005, 3:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,
It is here again. I'm suffering CH for at least 11 years now and was misdiagnosed for several years. It is scary to read how many other sufferers are out there with the same story. I feel sympathy for them. On the other hand it is very comforting that I am not the only only one.
I'm a 38 yrs old male from Holland. Married and have 3 beautiful children. It is hard on them to because they don't understand the pain I'm in. My attacks are mostly at night so they don't notice too much, because they are asleep. But when they wakeup refreshed, Im worn out over my attacks in the night. They sometimes see me crying from the pain and they don't know what to do. I just send them away and they mostly understand, but people often think it can't be that bad. Luckily my employer is very understanding and I can come and go as I please during my cluster. Medically I've got this cluster reassonably under control with 240mg verapamil and daily imigran injections during an attack. But it is still hell. My clusters usually last 8 weeks and this is the 4th.
I am admiring your board/website and the patience and helpful words and comments of all the members. Thank you. I can feel my eye getting sore and probably have to quit soon, because another attack is coming up. My family is asleep now so I can bare this alone.
I know I sound a bit depressed but I'm not really. Sometimes it just gets too much. Thank you for your listening ears and keep up the good work. I'm glad I found you.

Regards,

Pedro (although my realname is Peter, but friends call me Pedro).

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: It is here again.....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 3:42pm »

Hi Pedro,

It certainly sounds like you have a very good grip on things.
Glad you have found us and please share your experiences with the the CH world.
People are here day and night so you will always have someone to help ya get through things when times are rough.

Be well and kick the beast's a$$

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 8:22pm »

Your Verapamil dose is rather low: not unusual for it to be 2-3x higher to get good effect.

Suggest you print this excellent review of current treatment by one of the better headache doctors in the U.S.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 8:57pm »

Hi Pedro,

Welcome! Smiley
Sorry you are suffering right now.
this part you wrote about your family.... Quote:
But when they wake up refreshed, Im worn out over my attacks in the night.
...I felt that way this morning. I'm married with two kids.

Please don't feel like you have to bear anything alone. Sometimes just reading here helps me feel better and the support you'll find is the best.

there a wonderful group of supporters and supporters board to for your wife as well.  

Be well and PF!
-lionsound
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss