Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 9:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just sayin Hi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just sayin Hi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just sayin Hi  (Read 374 times)
LoadedButane
New Board Newbie
USA 

blah

Just sayin Hi
« on: Aug 27th, 2005, 4:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I glad I found this place. Nooone understands how painful these headaches actually are. I have had them off and on since I was 19 (28 now)but not until recently I discovered what they were. It helps to have a place to point people so they can get some kind of idea what we all go through. I plan on learning a bunch of things and helping out when I can.
IP Logged

Geoff
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

Re: Just sayin Hi
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2005, 8:12am »

LoadedButane
Quote:
I glad I found this place. Nooone understands how painful these headaches actually are. I have had them off and on since I was 19 (28 now)but not until recently I discovered what they were. It helps to have a place to point people so they can get some kind of idea what we all go through. I plan on learning a bunch of things and helping out when I can.
 Welcome to the sight, so sorry that you have a reason, but sure am glad you found us.

Tell us more about you.

What kind of preventives/abortives do you take?

PF wishes to you.
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
LoadedButane
New Board Newbie
USA 

blah

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 12:49am »

I'm Geoff. I'm 28 and live in MS doing IT type stuff. Ive been dealing with these "headaches" for about 9 years now.

I have just been doing the water thing. I havent really noticed much difference. I currently have no insurance so Im not currently on any prescription meds.

I usually get cycles around this time of year but lately (last 6 months or so) ive been having 2-3 a day and then had 3 weeks of PF days until this past Tuesday and I've had 4-6 a day since. Mine seem to be shorter than average but I guarantee the intensity is there.

IP Logged

Geoff
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 12:58am »

Welcome aboard  Geoff, sorry you have to be here, but its the best place to be if you have CH.

.........................jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 3:05am »

Welcome Geoff to our boat.  Sorry about the ch but glad you found us.  Read the stuff on the left.

Someone will always be here when you need to talk.

Jas Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 9:30am »

Geoff

When do your hits happen?

I am not a Dr. Just wanting to see if I can help.

I know how it feels not to have insurance.  If you get hit at night you could always try Melatonin OTC 3-9mg at night.  

Someone else on here may be able to add information on welders O2 which is a good abortive.  Many use it one or two times before the use of Imitrex with one attack.

Ice packs/Heat..........Each individual has a preferrence.  I take hot showers where something cold make my CH climb to kip 8-10.  Others have to have cold..........  Someone has also mentioned a tight bandana around the head helps.

These are some home remedies that you can do without the cost.

Keep in touch ask questions many on here have a number of remedies these are just a few....

PF wishes....Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
LoadedButane
New Board Newbie
USA 

blah

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28th, 2005, 2:20pm »

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. Sometimes it just helps to know you arent alone.
IP Logged

Geoff
kelliev
New Board Newbie
New_Zealand 

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 9:09pm »

had them since i was 19 too, 33 now..got them at the moment...probably almost half way thru...do you use imigran injection, works well for me but awful side effects
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss