Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 7:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie getting started »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie getting started
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie getting started  (Read 339 times)
unclejake127
New Board Newbie
USA 

everybody loves somebody

unclejake127  
Email

newbie getting started
« on: Sep 10th, 2005, 11:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i just found this site two days  and 4 ch ago what a way to start telling about myself i'm from florida the state with luckily only 2 seasons it all started about 30 years ago not bad at first but the last 10 yrs i've had 3 sinus operation by 3 different doctors and none of them knew anything the doc i'm seeing now got me on prednisone started 40mg now 80mg aday am topamax started 25mg now100mg aday pm for the pain i started with the pill form of imitrex that didnt work then the nasal spray that takes to long and now the injection that seems to work pretty good  i started this new doc 30 aug 05 and had 16 ch i don't know if the meds are working he's doubled the meds since i started with him  before  the meds i only had 1ch aday now i'm having 2  or somrtimes 3 i see him again on the 15 sept 05 any advice will help   jim  

IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Re: newbie getting started
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 11:31pm »

Hi Jim...

Welcome to the site, sorry you had to find us this way, but its nice to meet you...

Well #1 if you are using the TREX inj, try the tip to the left, alot of the user's of TREX inj here find that they get the same results from a small amout of the TREX inj also with the tip to the left, you will not exceed the 12mg a day....  

Also check out the tip to the left on the O2, I got it in the middle of this cycle and the O2 cut my TREX use alot, I got to where I was only using the TREX once a day, at my 1am hit... The O2 usually works in about 10 minutes for me.. just got to push your Dr really hard for it... even print out the information and take it to him.

If you are getting the night time hit, you may want to ask your Dr about trying the Melatonin.... I started that also in the middle of this cycle at the advice of a few of the Veterans here.. it cut my hits to almost nothing at night.... Its available OTC... you can get it in the Health Food Section of any Major Store... Get the 3mg pills...  

I take the Melatonin (9mg) 3 pills about 30 minutes before bed time and I can usually sleep through the entire night, if I do get a hit, its usuall pretty light....
It take about 3 or 4 days to get into you system and start working, I'd say if your getting the night time hits, give it a try... its cheep...  

Other than that I am sure someone who is good with the Meds will be along soon to ask a few questions...  

I suggest that you Read, Read and Read more. This site has the collection of many of Hundereds of years of experience of dealing with CH.... The Support System here is Great, if you need to Rant, Rave or just need someone to talk to.. the lights are always on here 24/7/365....

Pain Free Days to YOU !!!

God Bless
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2005, 6:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Jim ! Welcome to the message board. Read, read, read !! Ask questions !! Someone's here 24/7 !

UNsolved
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2005, 7:31am »

Hi Jim, I too am in Florida (Hollywood). Print this document and take it to your doctor:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

Also, make sure you listen to jcmquix and get on that O2. It's the best abortive from my perspective.

I too take melatonin at night. I started with 6 mg, but that didn't do much, so I switched to 9 and I had great results.

Where in FLA are you? If you want to try a good neuro in HLW, PM me and I'll send you my doc's info. He's knowledgeable about CH.
IP Logged
unclejake127
New Board Newbie
USA 

everybody loves somebody

unclejake127  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 3:24pm »

hey marlinsfan i'm from the cocoa area a little north of u  
i've started the O2 i'm not sure if it works when the beast starts only imitrex or the cycle stops it the doc i'm seeing is from port orange  i'm also doing the water during the day holy shit i havn't  pissed so much in my life lol got to go  talk to u later    jim
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 3:35pm »

Hi Jim,
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time.  You're on 80 mgs of pred AND 10 mgs of topomax??  Wow.  So are you feeling pretty frustrated, angry and stupid all at the same time (respective side effects of both meds, unfortunately).  I'm not sure I've ever heard of combining the two.  Are you going to start tapering off the prednisone soon?  Nasty stuff.  

Just a word of caution if you are following the water treatment.  Please talk to your doctor about this, ok?  The water treatment works best if you are med free.  With the water treatment, you have to drink a LOT of water - so much so that you might be diluting any good that the pred or topomax are doing for you.  Please do talk to doc, ok?

Keep us posted, Jim, and keep trying the oxygen.  Sometimes you need to experiment to find the right flow rate (you ARE using a non-rebreather mask, right?).

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 7:44pm »

Hi, and welcome to the family.

Please follow marlinsfan's link - it saved my life last cycle.

On another note ... could you maybe use some punctuation in your posts?  I'm a communications person and probably more than a little anal when it comes to writing, but I find it hard to follow your text.  No periods or commas or anything.

Totally off the subject, but want to help ... Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss