Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 3:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New 2 U »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New 2 U
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New 2 U  (Read 768 times)
TC
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Email

New 2 U
« on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I am TC (Terry) I am a 36yr old male living on the south coast of ENGLAND. My 1st attack was in April this year for approx 1 month and the second started about 3 weeks ago but seems to be loosening its grip. I refer to the pain as 'my friend', sometimes he visits for an hour or so and gives me a right beating and sometimes he'll stand at the window just to warn me of his power then dissapear into the night. I take no medication yet as I am only just learning from you guys what this is all about. I have had a madly stressful year with my father being hospitalised with a stroke 8 months ago, and he is still  there now unable to move, talk or function in any way, if he were a dog.....................................well, you know!
I am convinced that this is part of the reason these CH's started. Even better than that, 3 months after my dads stroke, my wife left me (taking the cat too), I have been forced to sell the house which I will have to leave in around 4-6 weeks, and then the headaches GREAT!!!!!. I think I must have been Ghengis Khan in a previous life to have to endure all this negative karma.

Thats about it.

I am determined to shake off the cloak of darkness that seems to be enveloping me !

Thanks for listening to my idle waffle.

PF to all

TC
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: New 2 U
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 8:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Terry. Stick around and read up, there is much to learn.

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

PF Wishes

UNsolved
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 8:14am »

Hi Terry!

Welcome! and I'm sorry you are hurting, phycically and emotionally, right now. Seems like you have a lot going on.  

This place is great for suppport and information. read about meds and Oxygen
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

There is also an OUCH.UK website.. (organization for understanding cluster headaches)..I don't have the link handy, but hopefully someone will be along with that for you shortly.

Have you seen a neurologist?

Have you tried ice or heat on your head /neck for comfort? A bag of frozen peas on my neck can seem like a miracle worke to me. SOme people prefer a shower and alternating between hot and cold water or breathing steam from a basin with a towel over you head.....or cold outside air.  

Quote:
I am determined to shake off the cloak of darkness that seems to be enveloping me !

Good for you!
be well and PF!
-lionsound
IP Logged
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 11:33am »

Hi Terry,  
welcome, & sorry you are having hard times..
read, read, read, & read some more. lots of info to the left of this screen.. nice having you here!!
PFDAN Jolene
IP Logged
giffy76
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me Imitrex or give me death.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 12:25pm »

on Oct 5th, 2005, 7:47am, TC wrote:
my wife left me  

TC

And the headaches didn't stop? laugh Just kidding man, if you can't laugh at what life throughs at ya, what can you do? So sorry to hear of the ruff time you'r going, that's why we are here, vent whenever.

Prayers going to you and your family Wink
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 3:25pm »

Hi Terry,
I know we've already chatted and I've given you all my links for OUCH UK but I'll post them again in case any one else wants to see them!

OUCH UK's web site  
[url]http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/home/index.cfm?address=../home/txt_we lcome.cfm&added=Dec2001&code=AD [/url]

There is also a helpline which is brilliant. Talking to another clusterhead is amazing, there is nothing like it and no one will ever understand this pain the same. 0161 2721702 It is a answerphone, you leave your name and number and one of the volunteers (who are all sufferers themselves) will call you back.  

Oh and there is a GP Info page too if its of help!  
http://gpinfo.ouchuk.org/  
You might want to show that to your GP or neuro. If your neuro is worth his salt he will have heard of both OUCH UK and its patron Professor Goadsby who is one of the Ultimate Guru's in CH!  

Let us know how you are getting on okay? If there is anything else specific to UK  med names or whats available to us (because both do vary) you can either ask here and one of us will find it or you can post on the OUCH UK board, there is a sufferer support board you can use without being a member.. so do!!  

Take care
Helen X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss